talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yves Bissouma Completes Tottenham Transfer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Good signing for Spurs, definitely the right age profile too.

Would I be wrong in thinking Liverpool we’re interested in him for a bit?

There was links around the time it became clear Wijnaldum wasn't staying

What's the latest with the sexual assault allegations? He was still under investigation last I saw I think. You assume that Spurs wouldn't go through with the deal if they thought he could be convicted

Excellent deal. Gutted we didn't get him. 

19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What's the latest with the sexual assault allegations? He was still under investigation last I saw I think. You assume that Spurs wouldn't go through with the deal if they thought he could be convicted

I always thought he wasn't even the one who did the alleged assault? It was a member of one of his entourage and Bissouma is being treated as a witness. 

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He’s not on bail anymore, was released under investigation but club are very confident he’s fine as obviously we don’t make a move like this if he’s not 

• Administrator

Good signing. Decent fee too when you think about it. Only £25m so if he's going to avoid any serious injuries, they'll get a lot out of him.

Going to be interesting to see how he fits in. Conte seems to like the double pivot of one protecting the back four and one linking the attack.

Certainly got the strength in depth now that they haven't quite had in the past. Winks and Skipp just can't quite take Spurs to the level they need to be no matter if they have come through the acadamy or not.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Going to be interesting to see how he fits in. Conte seems to like the double pivot of one protecting the back four and one linking the attack.

Certainly got the strength in depth now that they haven't quite had in the past. Winks and Skipp just can't quite take Spurs to the level they need to be no matter if they have come through the acadamy or not.

Very harsh on Skipp. He’s a very good young player. We missed him when he was injured but he’s going to be very important squad player next year 

16 minutes ago, Storts said:

Very harsh on Skipp. He’s a very good young player. We missed him when he was injured but he’s going to be very important squad player next year 

Maybe it is. I think he's decent, but I don't feel much more at present.

There is not enough evidence for me to say he's taking you to the next level. And ultimately thats the difference between you being a bit of an average top 6/7 club to being a regular top 4 side.

I think we have to be honest here and say he looked decent in what was a terrible looking side you had start of the season. But did he make as good an impact as say Bentancur? Probably not.

Tanganga was the same a couple years ago when he looked ok but I wouldn't say I particularly rate him much either. Be interesting to see if Skipp gets a look in or just makes cameo appearances in the cups till it becomes apparent he may need to move to progress. Guess we'll see.

Definitely game over for Winks though. He's got to move on now.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Maybe it is. I think he's decent, but I don't feel much more at present.

There is not enough evidence for me to say he's taking you to the next level. And ultimately thats the difference between you being a bit of an average top 6/7 club to being a regular top 4 side.

I think we have to be honest here and say he looked decent in what was a terrible looking side you had start of the season. But did he make as good an impact as say Bentancur? Probably not.

Tanganga was the same a couple years ago when he looked ok but I wouldn't say I particularly rate him much either. Be interesting to see if Skipp gets a look in or just makes cameo appearances in the cups till it becomes apparent he may need to move to progress. Guess we'll see.

Definitely game over for Winks though. He's got to move on now.

Skipp was to Norwich what Phillips was to you and Norgaard to us. He was a massive loss for them this season and considering his age he’s got a lot of improvement in him. I think @Storts is right in being excited for him next season.

• Subscriber

Been really impressed with what Spurs have done in the last year or so with recruitment. Actually pulled their finger out. Got a top manager and strengthening to suit.

17 hours ago, Dan said:

Been really impressed with what Spurs have done in the last year or so with recruitment. Actually pulled their finger out. Got a top manager and strengthening to suit.

Feel like once their experiment with Nuno was over, they decided to do something they probably should have done when they decided to get rid of Poch: get someone great like Conte in and give him money to shape the side so it can compete.

Conte's got a track record that if you back him and let him craft a side that fits his system, he can do really well. It might not be sustainable over longer periods of time (it might be though, it's kind of hard to say because he's not really stuck around anywhere for a while) - but for Spurs I feel it's more important to show ambition right now than it is to worry about where they might be in 3 years.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Feel like once their experiment with Nuno was over, they decided to do something they probably should have done when they decided to get rid of Poch: get someone great like Conte in and give him money to shape the side so it can compete.

Conte's got a track record that if you back him and let him craft a side that fits his system, he can do really well. It might not be sustainable over longer periods of time (it might be though, it's kind of hard to say because he's not really stuck around anywhere for a while) - but for Spurs I feel it's more important to show ambition right now than it is to worry about where they might be in 3 years.

I think Conte's problem is that he's happy to throw everything at short term success. Now he does generally bring it so that makes it probably worth it given his track record, but I do wonder if you can combine his methods with a sensible, more sustainable recruitment model, not where he's powerless but where he isn't able to absolutely load the squad full of 32 year olds, then he might be able to just keep it going somewhere.

Bissouma to go with signings like Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski? It's great stuff. It's everything they should be doing. I think they'll have a really good season and possibly end their trophy draught.

51 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think Conte's problem is that he's happy to throw everything at short term success. Now he does generally bring it so that makes it probably worth it given his track record, but I do wonder if you can combine his methods with a sensible, more sustainable recruitment model, not where he's powerless but where he isn't able to absolutely load the squad full of 32 year olds, then he might be able to just keep it going somewhere.

Bissouma to go with signings like Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski? It's great stuff. It's everything they should be doing. I think they'll have a really good season and possibly end their trophy draught.

Agree with all of the things you've typed up there.

• Subscriber

Me too. But also Conte works because we actually do just need a short term approach too. Kane is 29, Son 30. We have to capitalise on the end of their primes. But it’s good the club seem to making the right blend of signings too. Happier times currently

• The title was changed to Yves Bissouma Completes Tottenham Transfer

That's a good signing. They have good squad depth with Bissouma, Hojberg, Skipp and Bentacur to ensure that position shouldn't be an issue at all this season.

It will be interesting to see how Brighton reinvest the cash. There track record of bringing in competitive central midfielders has been good with Caicedo, Mwepu and Moder but they have really needed a clinical striker fir about three seasons now.

Possibly Eriksen too. Those five as midfield options - extremely happy. 

We are definitely going more short-term now than long term because Kane and Son are a once in a generation partnership that we're highly unlikely to repeat - if we don't take advantage of having them now, it'd be criminal. Levy could not afford for Conte to walk, Kane to get unsettled and fan mutiny again. I'm not totally a Levy hater as he's done good things for the club too but he has needed to correct the mistakes of the last few years.

Archived