talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you think he's worth £130million of the Kings pounds? 🤔 ..Bernardo Silva is probably worth £80million for a comparison 

No, as I sid there's an English buying club tax- meaning a players, regardless of their nationality, become more expensive as soon as one of the rich English clubs are showing interest in buying. That's the flip side of your enourmous TV contract advantage.

14 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Grealish isnt worth anywhere near £100million, i get the feeling there is an English player tax on Jude too sadly. 

It's funny looking at Grealish's career, he has a career total of 44 goals in 296 games. For a winger it's quite a paltry return, his runs to the byline for Villa did look good and some of the goals he scored seemed spectacular at times but I can't help but feel he's been massively overhyped.

What I would say is that when Jude Bellingham and Jack Grealish at 19 years of age are night and day, Bellingham seems genuinely world class, not many 19 year olds will dominate a midfield like Jude did against Germany, even if Germany were shit.

17 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Perhaps that's the case in England, but not in Germany.

I disagree. Bellingham cost over £25,000,000 for Dortmund, could you say that he would have cost that much of he were German playing in the 2.Bundesliga? Just the fact Bellingham is English would have drove the price up as the other interested parties would have been richer than the average German club. I think the record transfer of a teenage player that was actively playing in 2.Bundesliga moving to the Bundesliga was Nevan Subotic for around £4,000,000, granted that was quite some time ago but I think you get the point. Jadon Sancho, having never played professional football cost twice the amount of Subotic.

It is smart by Dortmund really, spend a significant outlay on an unproven English player and then sell him back for £100,000,000 profit. Because let’s be honest, if it was Johannes Bellinghausen instead he would have joined Bayern for €500,000.:ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

I disagree. Bellingham cost over £25,000,000 for Dortmund, could you say that he would have cost that much of he were German playing in the 2.Bundesliga? Just the fact Bellingham is English would have drove the price up as the other interested parties would have been richer than the average German club. I think the record transfer of a teenage player that was actively playing in 2.Bundesliga moving to the Bundesliga was Nevan Subotic for around £4,000,000, granted that was quite some time ago but I think you get the point. Jadon Sancho, having never played professional football cost twice the amount of Subotic.

It is smart by Dortmund really, spend a significant outlay on an unproven English player and then sell him back for £100,000,000 profit. Because let’s be honest, if it was Johannes Bellinghausen instead he would have joined Bayern for €500,000.:ph34r:

£25m was also the premium price (give or take £5m) for top quality Championship talent, so you can't say to Bellingham he will be an England international and Champions League participant within 3 years and also tell Birmingham that he isn't worth the going rate for a high level Championship talent.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

It's funny looking at Grealish's career, he has a career total of 44 goals in 296 games. For a winger it's quite a paltry return, his runs to the byline for Villa did look good and some of the goals he scored seemed spectacular at times but I can't help but feel he's been massively overhyped.

What I would say is that when Jude Bellingham and Jack Grealish at 19 years of age are night and day, Bellingham seems genuinely world class, not many 19 year olds will dominate a midfield like Jude did against Germany, even if Germany were shit.

I think Grealish is massively over hyped like James Milner was at one point, just an average player probably not good enough to play for us. not really seen much of Jude, i only watch City games and the world cup etc  so not seen much of hum

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I think Grealish is massively over hyped like James Milner was at one point, just an average player probably not good enough to play for us. not really seen much of Jude, i only watch City games and the world cup etc  so not seen much of hum

Milner was great for City and us though. He’s old and lost his legs now, but he was an important player for 2 very good teams.

He’s got a completely different personality to Grealish as well.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

The only thing average about Grealish is his intelligence. He is a good player just not that good.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Milner was great for City and us though. He’s old and lost his legs now, but he was an important player for 2 very good teams.

He’s got a completely different personality to Grealish as well.

I never really rated Milner when he was at City, he wasn't shit just average and like Jack he never broke into the first 11, mostly used when players needed resting. think his best moments at City was his boring james milner xmass video's 😂

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

The only thing average about Grealish is his intelligence. He is a good player just not that good.

I've been spoiled lol, compared to most the other players we have he's not shown me he belongs with them yet. no doubt he's very talented but just average performances for us so far 

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I've been spoiled lol, compared to most the other players we have he's not shown me he belongs with them yet. no doubt he's very talented but just average performances for us so far 

Overwhelmed by the bright lights maybe

14 hours ago, Spike said:

You mean he would have shared the potential fate of this Chelsea player, if he wasn't called John Haford but say Jan Havertz.:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Thinking about it logically, there is no way he goes to Liverpool now, they can't afford to waste a full transfer budget on one player and he has the chance to reunite with his best mate Haaland who's publicly told him to join us

But Liverpool already have plans to sign him next summer?!

• The title was changed to Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

Archived