talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Cicero said:

I’m not surprised at all. But honestly if we’re going to be priced out, we need to be looking at midfielders to bring in now instead of waiting around for Nunes, who honestly I don’t think is that good of a player. But we need bodies in the midfield for now, not just for next season.

I think Gakpo’s going to be the extent of our January transfers and that’s just not good enough.

• Administrator

On 10/11/2022 at 21:29, Happy Blue said:

He coming to City mate

On 07/12/2022 at 13:14, LFCMadLad said:

Liverpool have signed him.. all done and dusted apparently. 

On 08/12/2022 at 01:34, LFCMadLad said:

Hes signing for Liverpool this summer.

On 08/12/2022 at 04:58, Happy Blue said:

this is going to end in tears for you mate 

Just quoting this for ease of reference.

This month or summer, one of you are quite obviously wrong and chatting shit so 1 will end up with egg on your face. Or both are wrong and you'll both have egg on your faces...

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

This month or summer, one of you are quite obviously wrong and chatting shit so 1 will end up with egg on your face. Or both are wrong and you'll both have egg on your faces...

Idk how any Liverpool fan can be confident about signing him tbh. After the summer where our journos linked us to players I don’t think we really ever were seriously going to sign - which tbh I suspect because of the “no leaks policy” was just bullshit fed to them from the club to get fans off their back, before they then walked all of it back with the “we need the right signings” bullshit… I’m not sure how fans can trust anything other than official announcements.

These stories are what the club will point to when we don’t sign Bellingham and Fernandez & when we’re signing out “4th or 5th” choice midfielder for £40. They’ll say “we tried but look we signed ________ - midfield sorted” and tell us to be happy about it.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk how any Liverpool fan can be confident about signing him tbh. After the summer where our journos linked us to players I don’t think we really ever were seriously going to sign - which tbh I suspect because of the “no leaks policy” was just bullshit fed to them from the club to get fans off their back, before they then walked all of it back with the “we need the right signings” bullshit… I’m not sure how fans can trust anything other than official announcements.

These stories are what the club will point to when we don’t sign Bellingham and Fernandez & when we’re signing out “4th or 5th” choice midfielder for £40. They’ll say “we tried but look we signed ________ - midfield sorted” and tell us to be happy about it.

You won't even get @Rick for that

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

Possibly with rumors he wants a Real move. 

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Your owners are trying to sell so being linked with top players is free PR. i feel sorry for @LFCMadLadwho seems to have swallowed it hook line and sinker. the 22 shirt at City has been put to one side for him for about the last 3mths when he made his intentions clear about joining us. only thing to sort out is a price with Dortmund

Genuinely speaking, I'd be livid. Just how on earth do FSG expect to compete in this climate if they don't invest?

Liverpool were close to getting Tchouameni. Signs for Real. 

Liverpool were close to getting Enzo Fernandez. Close to signing for Chelsea. 

Liverpool were close to getting Jude Bellingham. Allegedly priced out. 

That's three of the best young midfielders on the globe they showed interested but couldn't get over the line. 

41 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Your owners are trying to sell so being linked with top players is free PR. i feel sorry for @LFCMadLadwho seems to have swallowed it hook line and sinker. the 22 shirt at City has been put to one side for him for about the last 3mths when he made his intentions clear about joining us. only thing to sort out is a price with Dortmund

They were doing it even before they announced they were going to sell. They put out leaks to our journos and then after fans look placated that they're going to make signings they put out leaks that they're not actually going to be signing these players because "we're looking for the right player."

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Genuinely speaking, I'd be livid. Just how on earth do FSG expect to compete in this climate if they don't invest?

That's three of the best young midfielders on the globe they showed interested but couldn't get over the line. 

I genuinely don't believe we were anywhere near close to Tchouameni. I think we've approached Fernandez & Bellingham's agents - but we're priced out because we're not going to get into any bid wars with anyone willing to spend a huge sum of money.

Now while we're desperate for a midfielder right now, we're being linked with Nunes from Wolves (who I'm pretty sure is nothing special tbh...) at less than half what those other players are going for. And he wouldn't be able to join us until... the fucking summer. And my guess is we're probably only going to be bringing in 1 CM to address the desperate need we have for CMs currently.

The activity we've made in the transfer windows since winning the CL and league respectively has been astoundingly unambitious. And honestly, it's mind boggling considering the way Klopp has us play. It's a physically demanding thing to play midfield for us and we're largely relying on the same exact midfield core we've been using for years... but now they look like they've barely got anything in the tank.

I think Peter Moore leaving as our CEO and being replaced with FSG man Billy Hogan was a massive mistake. Peter Moore's got a long history of success at CEO in various industries & a lifelong LFC fan. I'm not surprised he was a great person to have running the club for FSG... and now he's at Wrexham after doing a great job with us to help with Ryan Reynold's literal Hollywood FC. Billy Hogan doesn't have any real history as an executive officer... he's been a career FSG guy since 2012. And not really one with any experience running any of the teams they own - he's a salesman. His one endorsement on LinkedIn says "he can sell ice to eskimos" and his job at Liverpool before being CEO was selling the club to sponsors to get them to throw money in. The most notable thing he's done as our CEO is praise the idea of a Super League before John Henry had to come in and apologise to fans and then deny that he had any involvement in the Super League plans (which was... just lying to the fans).

I can understand fans trusting Klopp. And I can understand trusting the last FSG regime with Moore & Michael Edwards as sporting director. I cannot understand people trusting FSG with Billy Hogan and Ward as sporting director tbh. I don't blame Klopp too much for this season being an absolute shitshow - I do think his team selections and tactics (and refusal to adapt) have been headscratchers at times. But we've also got a big injury list to deal with and a lot of the time he's just putting players out because they're the best options available even if they've been dogshit. I do really take issue with Harvey Elliott clearly not being a good CM in this system but him being forced into the role despite being shit at it - but I'm guessing Klopp is hoping he'll get experience to eventually not be shit at it. I do blame players like Fabinho and VVD for playing like they've not given a fuck all season, though.

Footballers have short careers, they've now wasted 2 years of us having Klopp and having Salah in his prime years with their lack of ambition/hope that Klopp can always have any side punching above their weight. It's honestly infuriating. Because in my life we've never had a player with the statistics (and performances) that Salah has... and we've never had a manager as good as Klopp. And we're competing with 2 oil states and some very wealthy sides, which is annoying, but the way we've been run since winning the league is just emblematic of people above the manager resting on their laurels. Klopp deserves proper backing.

42 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I’ve been livid with our transfer business for a few years now. We are the slowest club to react to holes in our squad. Needed midfielders when Gini left, brought in Thiago who has been a complete sick note. He’s good when he plays (mostly) but why are we signing injury prone footballers? When Klopp’s brand of football is know for its intensity and pressing. Madness. 

Took us ages to add Konate to our defence. The club were so fucking cheap that even when we were in absolute dire straights at the back a couple of years ago, the most they would do is bring some absolute turd from Germany and some lad from the championship that never saw a second of play. 

Klopp & the squad we had 3/4 years ago should have been a dynasty. One of the great teams, but these fucking cheap bastards scrimped and saved and we ended up winning a lot less trophies than we should have, and we watched these great players get run into the ground. 

FSG get credit for saving us and bringing in Klopp, but they have seriously let him down in the transfer market. Any dafty thinking Klopp is happy with THAT midfield of ours is in complete denial. 

Nunes from Wolves, awesome. Who needs Bellingham when you have him. He’s not a bad player, but he’s a cut price option for a reason. Wouldn’t have a fraction of the impact that Bellingham would have in this team. Gakpo will be our only business this window. That crock Arthur will be back soon to play mediocre for us who why do we need any more eh. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Rick said:

@Stan are you able to clean up this mess, no idea how I’ve posted four times.

Done. Next time just calm down a bit. 

:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nunes from Wolves, awesome. Who needs Bellingham when you have him. He’s not a bad player, but he’s a cut price option for a reason. Wouldn’t have a fraction of the impact that Bellingham would have in this team. Gakpo will be our only business this window. That crock Arthur will be back soon to play mediocre for us who why do we need any more eh. 

Arthur might never play for us again tbh - it's another one of those Ben Davies-esque panic signings made because FSG got complacent and thought "hmmm our injury prone players should be able to compete in all competitions without getting an injury," made a little more reasonable because he's a loan signing. But he's a player that's looked pretty poor for years... and has his own injury issues, brought in last minute because of an injury crisis to the very position where fans have been saying we need reinforcements for years.

I guess we've seen more evidence of his existence than Davies though. I'm sure they're also going to try feeding us "Ox back in midfield is like a new signing" once Gakpo plays on the left and we can bench Elliott to put Oxlade-Chamberlain back there, hoping we buy that line from them without remembering the fact that Oxlade-Chamberlain has barely played because he's suffered massively with injuries over the last few years.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Gerrard says he'll 'fly to Dortmund' to convince Bellingham to join Liverpool

xD ..feel sorry for Jude will all this pressure Liverpool and his dad are putting on him

Look,  I think we can say that Jude Bellingham is basically the last shot saloon for Liverpool.   If they don't land him they will have a aging team with no icon type player.   Liverpool seem to be putting their eggs in this proverbial basket when they really should be putting the iron in other fires such as:

Declan Rice

Alexis Mac Allister

Moises Caicedo

Enzo Fernandes

Edson Alvarez

Mikel Merino

etc

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Look,  I think we can say that Jude Bellingham is basically the last shot saloon for Liverpool.   If they don't land him they will have a aging team with no icon type player.   Liverpool seem to be putting their eggs in this proverbial basket when they really should be putting the iron in other fires such as:

Declan Rice

Alexis Mac Allister

Moises Caicedo

Enzo Fernandes

Edson Alvarez

Mikel Merino

etc

I mean you say all of this as if Bellingham isn’t the absolute perfect midfielder for us. Rice & Fernandes wouldn’t cost much less,  and both Caicedo & Mac Allister are 70m as well. None of that list are the cheap options. I like all the players I’ve listed there, but Bellingham is absolutely the best for us. 

If you believe the shite going around about a takeover and summer budget, we’d be buying a couple from the list. But I don’t believe those stories, and I don’t believe we will sign Bellingham; not until he is standing in the shirt. 

15 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Declan Rice

Alexis Mac Allister

Moises Caicedo

Enzo Fernandes

Edson Alvarez

Mikel Merino

etc

Declan Rice is one of the most overrated players in the world imo

• The title was changed to Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

Archived