talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re not signing Bellingham though, all our journos are now coming out with stuff about how we’re not able to afford players like him. 

Why would we be able to? We are only second on the list of highest club income’s in the world…

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Declan Rice is one of the most overrated players in the world imo

Same. Bags of energy and heart and passion, but nowhere near consistent enough to be classed as one of the best centre-mids in the league. Not saying he's rubbish by any means, but he's just alright. 

We are spending big this summer and with the 10th overall net spend in the Premier League and being the top earners in  world football finally surpassing Real Madrid for the top spot  we can afford too, our treasure chest is quite large and we have players to sell too like Bernardo & maybe Cancelo that would cover Bellingham's transfer fee on it's own, next season is going to be exciting, we looking at Leao, Saka, Grvardiol and maybe a left back that can defend lol, the team needs a refresh and we are going to get it 

Ederson

Lewis - Dias - Gvardiol - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Bellingham

Foden - Halaand - Leao or Saka

26 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We are spending big this summer and with the 10th overall net spend in the Premier League and being the top earners in  world football

Having dodgy accountants to give you billion pound tampon sponsorships will never make you the biggest earners in world football. You’re not even close xD

29 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Having dodgy accountants to give you billion pound tampon sponsorships will never make you the biggest earners in world football. You’re not even close xD

We are the biggest earners in football on tell you can prove in court otherwise. Any thing else is just slander :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Declan Rice is one of the most overrated players in the world imo

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Same. Bags of energy and heart and passion, but nowhere near consistent enough to be classed as one of the best centre-mids in the league. Not saying he's rubbish by any means, but he's just alright. 

I will disagree with you gents about him being overrated.  Despite West Ham struggles his fbref is better than last season when things were going right for them.   He is tarnished by a poor team or manager.   

Declan Rice under a Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Ten Hag and even Howe would unearth his full potential in teams that don't play pragmatic football.  

what is the issue is price and he will cost a pretty penny

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

rice is a good player, the bitching is insane.  I would love him at Newcastle

I didn't say he's not a good player. He's just not anywhere near worth what West Ham or the media thinks he's worth.

I'd obviously take Rice right now, because our midfield is absolute shite right now... but if we sign Rice in the summer it's just the same situation as signing Nunez this past summer. We don't just need 1 player to fix our midfield at this point. I think we need at least 2, and if we get Rice we're probably not going to be getting 2.

I doubt we sign 2 midfielders over the summer though. Probably just the one and that'll most likely be the extent of our summer signings.

Chelsea have shown UEFA up as posers all talk no action.  FFP was primarily premised on stopping clubs with rich financiers using their owners wealth to substitute expenses, to stop owners creating personal indebtedness in the event they get bored and leave the club is not beholden with debt.   

Chelsea in one window have spent more than 3 years of net income.  there needs to be limits on credit buying, 12 month maximum payment plans to stop clubs gambling on possible future success.  credit buying has also created hyper inflation as teams take payment plans for much higher capital over time,  removing credit buying period will drive markets down as smaller clubs will suffer when they try replace the players and get shafted by astronomical demands.

I was watching the deadline day docuseries and seeing how agents work deals, footballers are nothing more than slaves glorified slaves that need to perform at the slave market so they can be sold for entertainment

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

‘Footballers are slaves’ - what a strange thing to say.

A athlete is not a employee by definition, they fall under the blanket of independent contractor.

the issue if servitude comes up where a club buys personnel capital and sells that off for profit.

12 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I was watching the deadline day docuseries and seeing how agents work deals, footballers are nothing more than slaves glorified slaves that need to perform at the slave market so they can be sold for entertainment

They get to decide if they're okay with the length of a contract, the money they're paid, the club they play for, etc. That really doesn't sound like slavery. Football fans dream about being a footballer. Not sure if the same can be said about people dreaming about being slaves.

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

I knew exactly who you were quoting without reading the initial post. xD

At least he didn't call them cars.

9 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

A athlete is not a employee by definition, they fall under the blanket of independent contractor.

the issue if servitude comes up where a club buys personnel capital and sells that off for profit.

Independent contractors aren't slaves either xD

And I'm not sure they fall under a typical independent contractor relationship either. Either way, you can't say people paid millions have a life that is in any way, shape, or form, like slavery.

• The title was changed to Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

Archived