talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We have Gallagher so don't think we have any interest in Bellingham. 

Rice looks to have been a target from the older regime and they're reportedly going to be replaced come August. 

Bellingham said last week that he couldn't possibly play for a club covered in oil as he would feel like a shrimp on the barbie.

:ph34r:

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Bellingham said last week that he couldn't possibly play for a club covered in oil as he would feel like a shrimp on the barbie.

To be honest we aren't an attractive club for top/elite players. 

We win trophies sure, but  our reputation is playing dour football, having a small stadium with an awful home support/atmosphere, misusing our players (particularly our attackers) , and overall just being a club with zero stability. An exciting talent will want to join something established and given all that Roman provided us, we were never that. Hence why we always over pay for players. 

The optimism behind all of this was this was the best time for Roman to leave vs the season where we finished outside of the Top 4. Club needs restructuring to adapt. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We win trophies sure, but  our reputation is playing dour football, having a small stadium with an awful home support/atmosphere, misusing our players (particularly our attackers) , and overall just being a club with zero stability. An exciting talent will want to join something established and given all that Roman provided us, we were never that. Hence why we always over pay for players. 

The optimism behind all of this was this was the best time for Roman to leave vs the season where we finished outside of the Top 4. Club needs restructuring to adapt. 

You twat... you've made me feel sorry for you now 😔 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I can understand players not wanting to leave Italy or Spain as it appears to be the La Dolce Vita which is why I think the odds against us getting top talent are less, though arguably this argument applies to all of the UK clubs.

So we should aim for those that are hungry for whom success is more important than surroundings. For success the manager and having good team mates would then suggest success is more likely and then it's the money. Though depending on the player money versus good manager is more a balance.

Think it got harder under Roman as clubs did not want to sell so we often ended up with 3rd choice.

Be interesting to see if this changes. 

16 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I can understand players not wanting to leave Italy or Spain as it appears to be the La Dolce Vita which is why I think the odds against us getting top talent are less, though arguably this argument applies to all of the UK clubs.

So we should aim for those that are hungry for whom success is more important than surroundings. For success the manager and having good team mates would then suggest success is more likely and then it's the money. Though depending on the player money versus good manager is more a balance.

Think it got harder under Roman as clubs did not want to sell so we often ended up with 3rd choice.

Be interesting to see if this changes. 

If Judge Bellingham has City, Liverpool, and Chelsea calling him at the same time, he'd grab City with his right and Liverpool with his left. 

I hope we manage to pull this off. I think he is exactly the sort of player we need in our midfield.

The only real downer would be not having him for this season - I do think we need a bit more midfield depth. Time is finally catching up to Milner, Thiago's world class but gets lots of little injuries, Henderson - still somehow one of our most underrated players imo - also gets injured all the time, Keita's decent but gets lots of little injuries as well, Jones is still young and a squad player... but even he gets little injuries fairly frequently. Elliott's injury was a freak injury, so hopefully we don't see him in and out of the squad so much. Also Oxlade-Chamberlain looks a shadow of the player he was before his last big injury and I think he's on his way out of the club ASAP.

But that's a lot of injury worries for a position where we've got 3 players on the pitch 99.99999% of the time. So it'd be nice to have someone young and talented like Bellingham come in and give us something a bit different (or if not too different from Keita... to perform more consistently than him) right away this season. But it also gives Jones, Elliott, and even Carvalho a chance for another season to try to break in and make a starting spot their own.

And I think it's important we keep giving our promising young players a pathway into the team and I don't think we can drop £200m-ish in one transfer window either.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope we manage to pull this off. I think he is exactly the sort of player we need in our midfield.

The only real downer would be not having him for this season - I do think we need a bit more midfield depth. Time is finally catching up to Milner, Thiago's world class but gets lots of little injuries, Henderson - still somehow one of our most underrated players imo - also gets injured all the time, Keita's decent but gets lots of little injuries as well, Jones is still young and a squad player... but even he gets little injuries fairly frequently. Elliott's injury was a freak injury, so hopefully we don't see him in and out of the squad so much. Also Oxlade-Chamberlain looks a shadow of the player he was before his last big injury and I think he's on his way out of the club ASAP.

But that's a lot of injury worries for a position where we've got 3 players on the pitch 99.99999% of the time. So it'd be nice to have someone young and talented like Bellingham come in and give us something a bit different (or if not too different from Keita... to perform more consistently than him) right away this season. But it also gives Jones, Elliott, and even Carvalho a chance for another season to try to break in and make a starting spot their own.

And I think it's important we keep giving our promising young players a pathway into the team and I don't think we can drop £200m-ish in one transfer window either.

Henderson injured all the time? He played more minutes this season than anyone 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Henderson injured all the time? He played more minutes this season than anyone 

This season he played a lot of minutes, but was also rotated pretty heavily.

The season before he missed 17 matches. I think we rotate him to protect him from injury - which is smart and we should. But it's also dangerous to rely on if we ever have a season like the one before where we have so many injuries in one year... because we do have a number of players that are fairly injury prone.

Our medical staff altering trainings for the injury prone players has been pretty effective last season though. Matip went a whole season without a big injury for the first time since he joined. Keita I think, despite having some knocks, feels like he had more time away from the treatment table than other seasons as well.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This season he played a lot of minutes, but was also rotated pretty heavily.

The season before he missed 17 matches. I think we rotate him to protect him from injury - which is smart and we should. But it's also dangerous to rely on if we ever have a season like the one before where we have so many injuries in one year... because we do have a number of players that are fairly injury prone.

Our medical staff altering trainings for the injury prone players has been pretty effective last season though. Matip went a whole season without a big injury for the first time since he joined. Keita I think, despite having some knocks, feels like he had more time away from the treatment table than other seasons as well.

He was rotated less than anyone. He literally played the most minutes. 

55 minutes ago, Rick said:

We need another midfielder.

And the club agree, hence being interested in Tchouameni. As always though, they will wait until the player they want is available without resorting to stop gaps.

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

If Judge Bellingham has City, Liverpool, and Chelsea calling him at the same time, he'd grab City with his right and Liverpool with his left. 

Haaland is he's bunk mate so that settles it, he like's Erling to tuck him in 😋 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2022 at 01:40, LFCMadLad said:

Reports we have started negotiations on a deal for next summer... simular to the deal we did for Kieta  

I really think he will end up at City, we asked about him when we went for Haaland and people are saying we already have a deal in place for next summer

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Haven't you got a deal for every player in place? xD

We are probably the best team in the world winning 4 of the last 5 Premier Leagues so top players wish they played for us if that's what you mean :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I really think he will end up at City, we asked about him when we went for Haaland and people are saying we already have a deal in place for next summer

Hes a Liverpool fan and said he wants to play in front of a crowd and a stadium with a great atmosphere.

He ain't going City xD

• The title was changed to Jude Bellingham - Real Madrid Sign Midfielder (Happy Blue was wrong all along)

Archived