talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Jude Bellingham - Liverpool & Man City to Battle for Midfielder

12 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I was watching the deadline day docuseries and seeing how agents work deals, footballers are nothing more than slaves glorified slaves that need to perform at the slave market so they can be sold for entertainment

They get to decide if they're okay with the length of a contract, the money they're paid, the club they play for, etc. That really doesn't sound like slavery. Football fans dream about being a footballer. Not sure if the same can be said about people dreaming about being slaves.

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

I knew exactly who you were quoting without reading the initial post. xD

At least he didn't call them cars.

9 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

A athlete is not a employee by definition, they fall under the blanket of independent contractor.

the issue if servitude comes up where a club buys personnel capital and sells that off for profit.

Independent contractors aren't slaves either xD

And I'm not sure they fall under a typical independent contractor relationship either. Either way, you can't say people paid millions have a life that is in any way, shape, or form, like slavery.

• Upvote 1