talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Sign Defender

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Apparently Brighton are refusing to negotiate  ..we should give Wilson-Esbrand a try, the kids class

No they're just refusing to accept ludicrous bids of below £50m. You set the going rate for a wing back, now you gotta pay if you want him

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

No they're just refusing to accept ludicrous bids of below £50m. You set the going rate for a wing back, now you gotta pay if you want him

Which ever way you want to dress it up they are refusing to negotiate, they may even reject any bid we put in, maybe the transfer request has annoyed them? ...shame clubs hold players hostage, at City if you want out your shown the door, we don't want you if your not committed and want to be here

There’s no negotiating to be done. They’ve told you the price, up to you to match it. He’s got another 4 years on his contract, they won’t be in a rush to flog him this season for less than his market value. 

• The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Look to Hijack Deal
  • Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

What makes you say that?

Chilwell is your main LB/LWB. Will Cucurella settle for being back up? 

I'd have thought there are other places to strengthen before LB. Alonso is still at the club as back up right? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd have thought there are other places to strengthen before LB. Alonso is still at the club as back up right? 

We need players in before we can shift the deadweight. Emerson has an offer at Lazio and Alonso has an offer at Barcelona. Even Sarr allegedly has an offer at Fulham. Chilwell has looked no where near his former self this preseason, and there was always the worry he'd have a slow start to regain his form (if he even fully recovers it). Cucurella provides us an option at both LWB and LCB. 

Fully expecting Raphinha/Kounde 2.0 though where the player only wants to wait for Pep/City. Getting boring now. 

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We need players in before we can shift the deadweight. Emerson has an offer at Lazio and Alonso has an offer at Barcelona. Even Sarr allegedly has an offer at Fulham. Chilwell has looked no where near his former self this preseason, and there was always the worry he'd have a slow start to regain his form (if he even fully recovers it). Cucurella provides us an option at both LWB and LCB. 

Fully expecting Raphinha/Kounde 2.0 though where the player only wants to wait for Pep/City. Getting boring now. 

Fair enough. I thought Alonso going to Barca had stalled because of the mess at Barca and unable to register players.

Interesting what happens with the Fofana deal if Cucurella is chosen as an option there...

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fair enough. I thought Alonso going to Barca had stalled because of the mess at Barca and unable to register players.

Interesting what happens with the Fofana deal if Cucurella is chosen as an option there...

We apparently value him "too high" but I would imagine this changes if Cucurella is brought in. Tuchel just seems fed up with him judging by his reactions on the touchline. A player we should of sold 4 years ago. 

Indications are that Cucurella wants to join Chelsea. Just a case of the clubs reaching an agreement over a fee #cfc

Chelsea have told Brighton that they are willing to pay £50m for Cucurella. Credit to @CraigHope_DM for breaking the interest this morning #cfc

— Jacob Steinberg (@JacobSteinberg) August 1, 2022

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Cucurella will be doing the same at City so it’s no difference really

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Danny said:

Cucurella will be doing the same at City so it’s no difference really

Not really, considering Cancelo will probably go to RB and Cucurella would probably start LB.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not really, considering Cancelo will probably go to RB and Cucurella would probably start LB.

Not sure Walker will be out of the picture that quickly. Would imagine Cucurella starts behind both and picks up the slack as the season grinds on

Work in progress for Marc Cucurella deal. Chelsea are on it on both club and player side, waiting to complete full agreement with Brighton. Deal well advanced. 🚨🔵 #CFC

No issues on player side. Man City confirm they have no intention to improve their £40m bid.

@FabrizoRomano

I've got respect for Man City if they don't go higher.

They know they are in a position they could just match Chelsea's bid and know the player would pick them.

Yet they don't want to pay over the odds for him, and £50m is over the odds for someone that surely hasn't tripled in value in one season.

I get the arguement for Chelsea signing him, no guarantee's Chilwell finds the same form after a layoff and in this day and age, the 'Super League' clubs know they need two players of high calibre competing for each position given the amount of games they play. 

Tony Bloom must be pissing himself mind. They will have recouped £100m for Ben White and Cucurella in about roughly 12 months. I mean, that's crazy. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Work in progress for Marc Cucurella deal. Chelsea are on it on both club and player side, waiting to complete full agreement with Brighton. Deal well advanced. 🚨🔵 #CFC

No issues on player side. Man City confirm they have no intention to improve their £40m bid.

@FabrizoRomano

Yeah we looking at other options so the paths clear 👍

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've got respect for Man City if they don't go higher.

They know they are in a position they could just match Chelsea's bid and know the player would pick them.

Yet they don't want to pay over the odds for him, and £50m is over the odds for someone that surely hasn't tripled in value in one season.

I get the arguement for Chelsea signing him, no guarantee's Chilwell finds the same form after a layoff and in this day and age, the 'Super League' clubs know they need two players of high calibre competing for each position given the amount of games they play. 

Tony Bloom must be pissing himself mind. They will have recouped £100m for Ben White and Cucurella in about roughly 12 months. I mean, that's crazy. 

Still think it's weird they're now saying "we don't want to pay over the odds on a player" a year after spending an insane amount on Grealish. Especially because I think Cucurella would actually fit in at City, unlike Grealish, and they'd only have to pay a bit more than what they'd already bid... as opposed to going way over what they initially bid on Grealish to land him.

• The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Agree Terms With Defender
  • The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Sign Defender

Archived