talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Sign Defender

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Good on Brighton. Putting some journos to shame, especially Romano. Might get done eventually, but as of right now Brighton will know if he's their player still or not. Would rather trust them than a journo... 

This was bound to happen sooner or later.

At first I quite liked Romano because he was a convenient aggregator of basically all the reliable journalists from all around Europe, so you could trust you'd be getting accurate transfer news with him. This summer he's been going absolutely mental with just generating as much buzz as he possibly can - even though he's not actually a journalist, just a guy who takes info from actual journalists. The number of times he's "broken" the same news on a "transfer saga" has been ridiculously high this summer... for a huge number of transfers.

If I'm finding it annoying, I'm sure clubs that are trying to negotiate with other clubs also find it annoying. So I'm glad Brighton have come out to put some egg on his face, even if it's just a technicality because the transfer is going to happen but hasn't happened yet, because it's fucking annoying. Break the stories when they actually happen, not in advance of them happening just because you feel pretty sure it's happening and other actual journalists have said it'll happen.

It's bound to happen to all journalists that get caught up in the popularity game of social media tbh, even actual journalists who are reputable. And that's why it's not good to take their word as gospel until it's actually been confirmed a player has signed.

Having said that... I wouldn't mind seeing more of Romano vs. football club spats on twitter.

I also thought Alonso was ok for us, he was slow getting back defensively at times though that was known by everyone at CFC though the team needed to be tweaked to accommodate that.

Ideally he would have left a couple of seasons ago yet we had the transfer ban during one of them.

Marcos Alonso probably should have been a midfielder with his skillset. Probably would have scored a few more goals too, and he scored a lot for a fullback. To put it into perspective he scored more league goals for Chelsea than Fernando Torres.

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yet you spent £100Mill on Grealish who has been about as useful as a Marzipan Dildo.... 

Took me along time to even accept the fee was real it was that much of a joke 😂 not worth a penny over 40million right now, who ever thought that was a good fee should be sacked lol  ..maybe why we approached this Cuck deal with more restraint 

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Your new owner hasn't got a clue what he's doing 😂 ..he's a 30million player, that was our max bid

Don't think he is clueless, but agreed that he was overpaid perhaps in this crazy fee world max 40 mill.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

If he's going back to Spain, lets hope he doesn't plan on driving under the influence again.

Lucky enough to get away with it the first time.

Yet somehow he was somehow punished more harshly then Parrick Kluivert and Matthew Broderick. Funny how lenient the courts can be…

Archived