talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Sign Defender

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all makes sense. He has all the qualities Pep would want in a full back and Man City have been operating with effectively no natural left wing back for four seasons given how much of a liability Bernard Mendy has been and the debate over whether Zinchenko operates better in midfield.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just done a bit of research....

So yet another FB.

Pep isn't the best at choosing FB's is he? He must have spent about £500m on them since he took over. xD

This is such a "narrative". Danilo was a bit shite and Mendy... the less said the better for a variety of reasons... but Walker has been strong for them, Cancelo has been one of the best full backs in the league since joining and Zinchenko has been more than adequate in his time there as well.

It's becoming a bit obsessive this need to mention how much more City spend than Liverpool at every opportunity. Everyone already knows. It's such an odd discourse how (and this is everyone to be honest) people get almost as worked up and determined to win arguments about how their club has actually spent a bit less than everyone thinks because of net spend this, wage bill that, sell on clause the other, as they do about the good old genres of our right winger is better than yours and that referee cost us this match, etc. I miss the classic battlegrounds. All of these spreadsheets people post trying to win the Best Financial Management Champions League fry my head. xD

On 17/06/2022 at 11:15, RandoEFC said:

This is such a "narrative". Danilo was a bit shite and Mendy... the less said the better for a variety of reasons... but Walker has been strong for them, Cancelo has been one of the best full backs in the league since joining and Zinchenko has been more than adequate in his time there as well.

It's becoming a bit obsessive this need to mention how much more City spend than Liverpool at every opportunity. Everyone already knows. It's such an odd discourse how (and this is everyone to be honest) people get almost as worked up and determined to win arguments about how their club has actually spent a bit less than everyone thinks because of net spend this, wage bill that, sell on clause the other, as they do about the good old genres of our right winger is better than yours and that referee cost us this match, etc. I miss the classic battlegrounds. All of these spreadsheets people post trying to win the Best Financial Management Champions League fry my head. xD

The ‘we earned our money’ is a painful one

On 16/06/2022 at 20:07, Lucas said:

TBH, I'm just glad Brighton are getting significantly weakened. Drags them back into the mix.

Losing Bissouma, probably Cucurella, and I'm here for it.

Not to mention losing their sporting director to Newcastle. 

1 hour ago, DNA said:

Not to mention losing their sporting director to Newcastle. 

Worth noting that Brighton have one of the smartest owners in the league so I don't think structurally it will be as massive a blow to them as some will think.

But them losing Bissouma and Cucurella does bode well for everyone in midtable.

• 3 weeks later...

Zinchenko looks like he's edging closer to an Arsenal move, personal terms the final hurdle.

Very clever signing for Arsenal if they nail it. He can play in a variety of positions which is even more valuable given they can't rely on Tierney for the season, too injury prone. They always seem to go to pot when he isn't there.

Surely you'd have thought this means City are dead confident Cucurella is incoming. Would be very surprised if they didn't pull that move off.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Zinchenko looks like he's edging closer to an Arsenal move, personal terms the final hurdle.

Very clever signing for Arsenal if they nail it. He can play in a variety of positions which is even more valuable given they can't rely on Tierney for the season, too injury prone. They always seem to go to pot when he isn't there.

Surely you'd have thought this means City are dead confident Cucurella is incoming. Would be very surprised if they didn't pull that move off.

Very good signing for Arsenal, gives them depth in both midfield and at left back. They really ought to be looking at winning the Europa League this season as a minimum 

• The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Sign Defender
  • The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Agree Terms With Defender

Archived