talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jay Spearing - Returning to Liverpool?

@Rick that's the midfielder we wanted sorted xD

I'm sure we're not the first club to do this - but it seems a bit weird, no? Although I suppose having someone with the experience of going through the youth ranks is a unique experience to pass onto the kids he'll be playing alongside in this weird player-coach role.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Although I suppose having someone with the experience of going through the youth ranks is a unique experience to pass onto the kids he'll be playing alongside in this weird player-coach role.

How much can you learn from Jay Spearing though xD

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

How much can you learn from Jay Spearing though xD

The huge majority of footballers coming through Liverpool's academy won't be good enough to have a career at Liverpool or any other Premier League club. Some will be good enough to end up in the Football League. Spearing has made a decent career for himself at different levels in the Football League. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The huge majority of footballers coming through Liverpool's academy won't be good enough to have a career at Liverpool or any other Premier League club. Some will be good enough to end up in the Football League. Spearing has made a decent career for himself at different levels in the Football League. 

I was only making a light hearted quip. He had a spell with us for a short time. 

Archived