talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Off-Topic

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looking at the PL and Europe schedules, earliest these postponed games will get played is 17-18th Jan. 

In a way I think its what was always going to happen and I'd imagine they planned for any kind of fallout contingency like this anyways. It does, however, put a probably spanner in the works for teams who have players going to the WC and potential injuries and fatigue post that.

Edit: Just to clarify it wasn't a contingency based on death but more the unavoidable circumstances forcing games to be postponed for whatever reason.

Edited by Mel81x

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Genuine question: How likely is the next matchday going ahead baring in mind the funeral will be next Monday?

Up in the air at the moment. Depends what kind of resources are needed.

PL have a big call to make. They got it wrong for this weekend. I think because it's close to the funeral, I don't think games will go ahead. But then there's scheduling to think about for the re-arranged games. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sensing no matches next weekend either.

I read there was booing at Arsenal & Hearts matches.

Nobody running football wants the PR of disrespectful fans. Yet football attracts pointless point making fools like no other sport.

Although with the funeral being the Monday perhaps they will go ahead?

It could depend on how the midweek matches are seen to have gone. Liverpool are at Anfield. They have booed the national anthem & William in recent times. Jeering Queen Elizabeth mourners seems right up their street.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Specific matches probably being Spurs vs Leic, Brentford vs Arsenal, Chelsea vs Liverpool... 

In theory they could just swap stadiums for the Spurs & Chelsea games then swap them back for the return fixture and maybe if forced play the Arsenal game at a neutral venue in Scotland or somewhere... :ph34r:

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Why postpone? Just reverse the fixtures for this once. There’s already too many games in quick succession without having to fit these in somewhere. 

Unlikely they can reverse Chelsea vs Liverpool, as Everton play at 2.15pm on same day.

Perhaps too short notice to reverse the fixture for fans/tickets/resources for both games, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why has the Man City v Arsenal game been postponed?

Arsenal's Premier League fixture against Manchester City has been postponed to accommodate the North London club's previous called-off Europa League clash with PSV Eindhoven.

The Gunners were scheduled to play PSV on Thursday, September 15 but the match got postponed due to concerns over police resources following the sad death of Queen Elizabeth II.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20124085/why-is-arsenal-vs-man-city-postponed/

• Upvote 1

Did anyone catch this last night?

I thought this was thoroughly refreshing and brilliant from Amazon to interview both opposing managers and let them ask eachother a question before the game.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Did anyone catch this last night?

I thought this was thoroughly refreshing and brilliant from Amazon to interview both opposing managers and let them ask eachother a question before the game.

Nice, didn't see that yesterday. Something different. 

Now we just need Amazon to have a Klopp/Guardiola fixture... 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Nice, didn't see that yesterday. Something different. 

Now we just need Amazon to have a Klopp/Guardiola fixture... 

Well they will have Arsenal v City to rearrange and that's one of their games so an Arteta/Pep chat is a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Good luck to him.... wish I could have retired at 36

Gary Cahill of Chelsea is thrown in the air by team mates in celebration

Would be nice wouldn't it!

Still remember this goal vs Birmingham. Great to score in any derby game, let alone like this:

• 2 weeks later...