talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nick Pope Joins Newcastle

On 18/06/2022 at 23:37, OrangeKhrush said:

(rumours)

Botman and Ekitike doing medicals next week.

interest in Braga teenager Fernandes for 20m.  

interest shown in Burnley trio, Cornet, pope and McNeil.

bLakVxM.jpg

Pope 99% in the bag.. Your getting a top keeper there. Been first class. Proof be in the pudding with pope 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Claret and Blue said:

If we've sold him for that it's a piss take and shows how desperate we are.. 

Pope is one of the best in the league and he'll prove it again. 

that's what I read, given how Henderson was talked up around 15m, pope is 30 so 10m is hardly devastating.  Cornet is priced at 17m which is more reasonable than Watford wanting 40m for Sarr.   i say your club is realistic and not greedy con merchants.    

you wanted 30m for McNeil which is also close to reasonable especially with the right manager he could refund his form

7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

that's what I read, given how Henderson was talked up around 15m, pope is 30 so 10m is hardly devastating.  Cornet is priced at 17m which is more reasonable than Watford wanting 40m for Sarr.   i say your club is realistic and not greedy con merchants.    

you wanted 30m for McNeil which is also close to reasonable especially with the right manager he could refund his form

30 for a keeper is fuck all. You've got a bargain there. You'll see how good he really is when he's playing. 17m is an agreement that we put into his contract if we went down good luck to cornet if he fucks off too 

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If you give us anything close to 30m for mcneil I really will drive him there myself. He was total shit last season 1 assist no goals. Got time to improve.. 

Personally I think he's over hyped 

7 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

30 for a keeper is fuck all. You've got a bargain there. You'll see how good he really is when he's playing. 17m is an agreement that we put into his contract if we went down good luck to cornet if he fucks off too 

we should send Elliot Anderson and Jemal Lewis on loan to you

Seen him at Altrincham markets recently and he's absolutely huge.

Amazing bit of business by Newcastle, I honestly thought they'd got for Henderson off us but Pope for 10 million is an absolute bargain.

23 minutes ago, Devil said:

Seen him at Altrincham markets recently and he's absolutely huge.

Amazing bit of business by Newcastle, I honestly thought they'd got for Henderson off us but Pope for 10 million is an absolute bargain.

Pope is better than Henderson. Henderson is over hyped 

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

It will be interesting to see who starts the season. It's not like Dubravka isn't good enough, but he's injury prone.

Pope. He was close to winning golden globe a couple of seasons back. 

I'm seeing absolute fucking planks on places like twitter saying oh relegated can't be much good 😂 probably never watched him live in their life. Pope been injured few times while he's been with us too. Spent almost a full season out.. 

I see people saying oh but Burnley was a defence team that's why he looked OK. 

Yep we are defensive under dyche when he was here but trust me pope faced plenty of shots game in game out 

11 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Pope is better than Henderson. Henderson is over hyped 

What are basing that on?

Less than 20 games over two seasons for United?

Hardly a good yard stick to base his ability on given most keepers need consistent game time to show their best form.

I like Pope and I believe he's a decent keeper but I wouldn't say he's better than Henderson until Dean has found his feet at a club and settled down.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

What are basing that on?

Less than 20 games over two seasons for United?

Hardly a good yard stick to base his ability on given most keepers need consistent game time to show their best form.

I like Pope and I believe he's a decent keeper but I wouldn't say he's better than Henderson until Dean has found his feet at a club and settled down.

What am I basing it on. Well same as anything to do with footballers. What I've seen of the two keepers that's what. 

I think Henderson is an OK keeper just think pope is better. 

I see united fans saying Henderson is better than degea they are off their fucking heads. 

When Henderson got into the United side last season for 12 or 13 games he didn't look that assured to me. Probably something to do with the dog shit defence in front of him 

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is going to add an interesting new angle to the Newcastle fans / Pickford / England goalkeeper discourse. xD

World Cup year. We finished 7th. Pope should of gone ahead ot pickford if southgate stuck to what he said and picked form players.. 

Think it was world Cup season anyhow 😂 pope was ahead of pickford on almost every stat all the ones that matter 

Fair fucks to pickford though he's not let England down 

I remember seeing him on loan for Preston against us at the turf and they won 2~0. Pickford was outstanding that game 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

World Cup year. We finished 7th. Pope should of gone ahead ot pickford if southgate stuck to what he said and picked form players.. 

Think it was world Cup season anyhow 😂 pope was ahead of pickford on almost every stat all the ones that matter 

Fair fucks to pickford though he's not let England down 

I remember seeing him on loan for Preston against us at the turf and they won 2~0. Pickford was outstanding that game 

That was the main point in time in which it was a legitimate debate as Pickford had that extended run of poor form at club level. Southgate has never fancied Pope though probably because he's less comfortable with his distribution.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That was the main point in time in which it was a legitimate debate as Pickford had that extended run of poor form at club level. Southgate has never fancied Pope though probably because he's less comfortable with his distribution.

Pickford made many mistakes trying to play with his feet. There's a massive fixation with this. Pope always looks calm to me with ball at his feet 

Seems like most of the time these days they want a sweeper keeper who can do step overs give me a keeper who does his actual job 

10 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

It will be interesting to see who starts the season. It's not like Dubravka isn't good enough, but he's injury prone.

I imagine Eddie Howe would favour the person he's signed given there's seemingly very little in it between both goalkeepers.

• The title was changed to Nick Pope Joins Newcastle

Archived