talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nick Pope Joins Newcastle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

What am I basing it on. Well same as anything to do with footballers. What I've seen of the two keepers that's what. 

I think Henderson is an OK keeper just think pope is better. 

I see united fans saying Henderson is better than degea they are off their fucking heads. 

When Henderson got into the United side last season for 12 or 13 games he didn't look that assured to me. Probably something to do with the dog shit defence in front of him 

So you said you didn't rate him yet you acknowledged the dog shit defence in front of him.

Make your mind up because I'm confused. Henderson's Sheffield United form was sensational, far way and above anything displayed by Pope at Burnley. Admittedly he hasn't since found that form again but then again as you pointed out he hasn't exactly had the best defence in front of him.

Pope on the other hand was just relegated from the Premier league, do we judge him on that or do we just acknowledge the fact he had a team with about 2 players above League 1 standard in front of him.

16 minutes ago, Devil said:

So you said you didn't rate him yet you acknowledged the dog shit defence in front of him.

Make your mind up because I'm confused. Henderson's Sheffield United form was sensational, far way and above anything displayed by Pope at Burnley. Admittedly he hasn't since found that form again but then again as you pointed out he hasn't exactly had the best defence in front of him.

Pope on the other hand was just relegated from the Premier league, do we judge him on that or do we just acknowledge the fact he had a team with about 2 players above League 1 standard in front of him.

Let's just stick with that. You haven't a clue about pope. I'll leave it there 😂 

Pope be playing 🆑 football with Newcastle soon and Henderson be at who forest 😂. Trust me I watch as much of united as anybody. Probably been more united games than a lot of the so called fans too 😂 

You think Henderson is decent I think he's bang average. Pointless going any further 

Just now, Claret and Blue said:

Let's just stick with that. You haven't a clue about pope. I'll leave it there 😂 

Read back Paddy, I said I rate him.

Just don't agree with your judgement of Henderson. I think there is a top keeper in there, just won't see it at United due to the fact we haven't got time to develop a keeper given our piss poor team.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Read back Paddy, I said I rate him.

Just don't agree with your judgement of Henderson. I think there is a top keeper in there, just won't see it at United due to the fact we haven't got time to develop a keeper given our piss poor team.

While he didn't do anything majorly wrong in the United team he didn't exactly do enough to warrant starting over degea did he. Nothing against Henderson good luck to him I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to play for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Paddy? 

1 minute ago, Claret and Blue said:

While he didn't do anything majorly wrong in the United team he didn't exactly do enough to warrant starting over degea did he. Nothing against Henderson good luck to him I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to play for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Paddy? 

You look like the fat bald kid off Emmerdale..... paddy 

Anyway, we can agree we both rate Pope and Henderson we disagree on.

I'm happy with that, enjoy the Championship.

Think united will be stepping backwards this season in order to move forward. Give big Erik time to sort the shit out previous pricks have left behind including Ole.. 

I'm not expecting them to finish top 4 that's for sure. Think it's a bonus if they do. 

Wouldn't be paying 85m for De Jong though 

18 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Isn’t a bad signing this.

I do like Dubravka but he needs some competition and Pope is miles better than Darlow and Woodman (who’s already gone).

Pope be number 1.

He had decent competition at Burnley with Joe Hart and Tom Heaton and ended up number 1 

2 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Pope be number 1.

He had decent competition at Burnley with Joe Hart and Tom Heaton and ended up number 1 

Not sure mate, Dubravka is highly thought of. Can’t beat some good competition for places.

2 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Not sure mate, Dubravka is highly thought of. Can’t beat some good competition for places.

I know he's a good keeper. 

I just think once pope gets into the team he'll keep it. 

We'll see. Good luck to pope besides being a good keeper he's a class guy 

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine Eddie Howe would favour the person he's signed given there's seemingly very little in it between both goalkeepers.

Speculation earlier was that we were going to sign Henderson until Dan Ashworth came in and pulled the plug.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine Eddie Howe would favour the person he's signed given there's seemingly very little in it between both goalkeepers.

Speculation earlier was that we were going to sign Henderson until Dan Ashworth came in and pulled the plug.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Will they? 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Will they? 

Yep 2 or 3 seasons. You watch. They had 🆑 form under edddie howe more or less plus wiith all that money they'll improve massively. 

Outside Liverpool and City I think the rest are fairly average and consistency isn't the best. It was like nobody wanted the 4th spot last year... 

• Subscriber

Henderson is obviously a decent young goalkeeper but it doesn't look like De Gea is going anywhere. Henderson should probably be looking for a move somewhere he can play every week if he doesn't want his stock to stagnate. 

12 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Yep 2 or 3 seasons. You watch. They had 🆑 form under edddie howe more or less plus wiith all that money they'll improve massively. 

Outside Liverpool and City I think the rest are fairly average and consistency isn't the best. It was like nobody wanted the 4th spot last year... 

Too short a time period to make that judgement. This Newcastle side need to learn how to deal with the Eddie Howe defensive collapse first

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

Too short a time period to make that judgement. This Newcastle side need to learn how to deal with the Eddie Howe defensive collapse first

I'll stick with what I said thanks rather than being wise after the event like many will do if they manage it.. 

We'll see 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Henderson is obviously a decent young goalkeeper but it doesn't look like De Gea is going anywhere. Henderson should probably be looking for a move somewhere he can play every week if he doesn't want his stock to stagnate. 

I think he’s going to Forest.

• The title was changed to Nick Pope Joins Newcastle

Archived