talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Final - Sunday 2nd July - Germany 1-0 Chile

football forum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said at the beginning of the tournament that I expect Germany to gel, and they did just that. They looked awful at the start of the tournament and slowly got better as it went on. The final could go either way really. I think Chile have 2 difference makers while Germany have similar quality players all across the pitch. Can't call a winner to be honest. I'd slightly give it to Germany but it wouldn't surprise me if Chile take it.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure if it'll be Germany & BTTS or Chile on penalties xD 

Rule #1 of betting is to never put BTTS in a final.

• Administrator
Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Rule #1 of betting is to never put BTTS in a final.

i don't actually bet any more after realising I had a bit of a problem around Sept/Oct last season. Not had a bet since then thankfully. 

• Administrator

Chile have started well. Looks like their players have had the instruction to shoot where possible. Sanchez has scuffed a couple while Vargas just had one shot straight at Ter Stegen. 

• Administrator

Totally gainst the run of play, Germany go ahead. Terrible error at the back by Diaz who gives it away on the edge of the box. Werner lays it across for Stindl who couldn't have had an easier finish.

Marcelo Diaz has had a mare of a start. Its not just the error that lead to the goal.

Not a final player clearly as he also got sent off in last years Copa America final. 

• Administrator

Chile MUST cut out the errors at the back. While they're still in the game, they're not going to be if they give away a goal again so cheaply. 

Chile horrible in their own half and also in final third... If Germany wins this with their young team then its going to be a big statement by them to the world for the coming up world cup

• The title was changed to Final - Sunday 2nd July - Germany 1-0 Chile

Archived