talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - British GP - 1-3rd July

• Subscriber

Seriously, though, Ferrari need to sack their entire pit wall. They had ample time to call in Leclerc. Even if they'd have done it a lap late he would have been 3rd with soft tyres and a chance to fight Hamilton again.

Then the whole asking Sainz to back them up to give Leclerc space? Thank goodness for them that he ignored them otherwise Perez or Hamilton probably would have passed them both. Idiots.

Really happy for Sainz. No small amount of fortune but still deserved. Perez coming back into play due to the safety car really put paid to Lewis's chances, I thought he was unlucky in the end.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific race. It had a bit of everything (except rain). Sainz deserves his maiden win as he's such a great driver (despite the fuck-up earlier in the race). Points for Mick finally. Zhou alright in the hospital after what looked like a horrific crash. Ferrari fucking Leclerc with the strategy yet again. Sneaky Pérez on 2nd. Great drive by Hamilton as expected.

As for Max, I'll quote Toto Wolff and say: damage limitation, fuck them all. :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Mick drove a genuinely great race as well coming through from pretty much the back. Probably more luck than judgement surviving the chaos but he passed his team mate early on, managed clean overtakes on Latifi and Vettel and made the right call not to lunge on Max in the final laps. Well done. He has to make it into a springboard now though and really prove himself.

Also, if you need any more proof that F1 is a team game...

Ferrari have a great car and great drivers, but they still struggle to strike while the iron's hot because, as a team, they are just not on the same level as Red Bull and Mercedes.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Jesus christ, the car vaulted the tyre barrier and hit the fencing in front of the stand.

Thank god for the halo! 

• Subscriber

I was there today, fantastic race and day out. Great to see Merc have a more competitive car this weekend although Max’s still by far the most impressive, even with his issues. He had too much when the car was working 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Storts said:

I was there today, fantastic race and day out. Great to see Merc have a more competitive car this weekend although Max’s still by far the most impressive, even with his issues. He had too much when the car was working 

Were there many people in flip flops?

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Storts said:

It's a great day out and Silverstone has one of the best atmospheres for a Grand Prix throughout the year.

I went in 2010 and 2011 for the full weekend. I think I've shared the story multiple times before but given that in 2010, we saw Carlos Sainz win the Formula BMW support race and Sergio Perez win one of the GP2 races, it's pretty cool to see them finishing 1st and 2nd in F1 years down the line. Sainz even mentioned in his post-race interview yesterday that that Formula BMW win in 2010 was his first race win in single seaters. I was like, yep I remember that one as well. xD

Off topic and I hate to bang on about this again but the TV direction was so bad again yesterday. They completely missed Sainz' overtake for the lead because they were focusing on Hamilton vs Perez and then the incessant replays in the closing laps while those battles were ongoing did my head in. They need someone with some "F1 sense" in charge of it who gets the "I really don't want to miss this" feeling that we all get as fans instead of just hitting the replay button after two cars go from side by side back to one behind the other.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

Watched highlights of this last night. What a race. Plenty of drama and twists and turns. Majority of the action in the front of the pack after the initial Zhou crash. 

That battle between Perez, Leclerc and Hamilton towards the end was fantastic and brilliant racing all round. 

Archived