talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Andor (2022)

football forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to watch the trailer because I've stopped doing that for TVs and films and it's much better going in blind.

Always happy to see more Star Wars content though. Weirdly, I find it somewhat annoying how often Disney shits out Marvel content... but if they're just constantly shitting out Star Wars content, I'm absolutely fine with that.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not going to watch the trailer because I've stopped doing that for TVs and films and it's much better going in blind.

Always happy to see more Star Wars content though. Weirdly, I find it somewhat annoying how often Disney shits out Marvel content... but if they're just constantly shitting out Star Wars content, I'm absolutely fine with that.

That trailer is epic though 😅 really really good.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I will take your word for it and experience the epicness once the show's out!

Fair enough :P

I kind of see your point of not watching trailer; I'd never be able to resist the temptation though xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Just watched the first 3 episodes, and I'm really impressed. A dark, mature, serious noir thriller in Star Wars skin; very different from anything we've seen in the franchise so far. Picks up somewhat slowly, has a lot of depth and development in both the story and the characters in the first few episodes already, the casting and acting is great, the world building is fantastic. It's so refreshingly different. I think this would appeal even to those who don't watch or like Star Wars much; easily watchable as a standalone series.

Just finished all three episodes. Amazing. Very gritty. Some great characters with great acting.

The ending of Episode 3 was fantastic. 

How they showed every character dealing with what just happened. Showing the montage of Andor getting brought out of Kenari as a kid, and now getting brought off Ferrix was incredible! 

I also love the stuttering kind of crappy old droid. Very endearing. 😅

I also thought the Syril Karn character was interesting. I'm not sure if I like him, hate him, should feel for him, or want him to die. xD

I'm going to start this on Saturday probably. Looking forward to it - people who've watched the 3 episodes seem to all think it was very very good.

Can't lie, I can't stop seeing "And/or" when I see the name, so I'm hoping my brain will eventually get passed that.

• Subscriber

Another episode out. 

Spoiler

Really enjoying the pace, the worldbuilding, and the in-depth storytelling with multiple storylines. My most favourite part in today's episode was the glimpses at how the Empire works - the inner workings, organisation and politics, and the challenges Mon Mothma and other secret Rebel supporters face at Coruscant. Mon Mothma's husband is a proper dickhead... 
Also, Luthen is such an interesting character, and Stellan Skarsgård presence on screen is incredible. 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

Another episode out. 

Hide contents

Really enjoying the pace, the worldbuilding, and the in-depth storytelling with multiple storylines. My most favourite part in today's episode was the glimpses at how the Empire works - the inner workings, organisation and politics, and the challenges Mon Mothma and other secret Rebel supporters face at Coruscant. Mon Mothma's husband is a proper dickhead... 
Also, Luthen is such an interesting character, and Stellan Skarsgård presence on screen is incredible. 

Just finished the 4th episode. I agree with all you said. 

Skarsgard really is an amazing actor, and it's great to see him in that series. And it looks like the character he plays really suits his acting abilities. Very multi layered. 

Also hearing the Tie fighters when Vel and Andor hiked through the mountains really gave me goosebumps. 

Positively surprised how good this series is. Very in-depth, political, intriguing. Feels like a real good Star Wars adventure, drama, crime noir thriller kind of thing.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Latest episode felt a bit like a filler episode. Still interesting enough.

Yeah, the weakest one so far, in my opinion. But it's clearly a buildup to bigger things, so I am not complaining...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah, the weakest one so far, in my opinion. But it's clearly a buildup to bigger things, so I am not complaining...

Yes, indeed. 

I'm also very curious about Syril, and what he ends up doing. They are clearly building something up for him too.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yes, indeed. 

Hide contents

I'm also very curious about Syril, and what he ends up doing. They are clearly building something up for him too.

Oh definitely. I just hope that they will not make him defect to the Rebels, that would be too cliched and we'd lose a good character on the Empire side. I personally think that he and Dedra will team up and become the main threat to the rebels (and Andor). I like how both of them are shown as complex characters, would love to have non-caricature villains for a change!

Episode 6 was really good. Lots of action. I thought it's not going anywhere much plot-wise, but it got really interesting towards the end. 

RIP Nemik.

:( By the way they portrayed him, I knew he was a goner from the start. 

I thought Skeen was just testing Andor, when he asked him to split and bail. So Andor shooting him took me by surprise. Also very curious how and where he ends up, now that he apparently bailed from Vel. 🤔

Also the Eye really was beautiful. And I loved the Tie-Fighters in this.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Season 6 was really good. Lots of action. I thought it's not going anywhere much plot-wise, but it got really interesting towards the end. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm only on the first Season myself, need to catch up... :ph34r:

Archived