talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Andor (2022)

football forum

• Subscriber

I binged it all in nearly 3 days so hard to reflect on alot fully but it definitely is alot darker then expected, especially for a Star Wars show. It definitely works.

right from the first episodes when Cassian shoots the second guard thats down and defenceless. Hes right away setup as not your typical hero and thats only furthered as the story goes along. As you guys we're mentioning the backstory of the torture technique and the torture in general just seems crazy. Even Luthen willingly sacrificing what was it? 30 of his men and the pilot dude seemingly fairly easily to keep his guy in place with the ISB and keeping a step ahead of them. I love it. it just feels quite different then say Mando which is fairly uplifting overall and a bit all over with the side stories - not a criticism but just quite different. You had a bit of that with the Sand people in Boba Fett I suppose but thats about it.

I dont recall ever really having an in depth look inside the inner workings of the Empire really either, the Mon Motha story is interesting and the connection to Vel. Curious to see where the story goes with disagraced security guy (I forget his name) and his quirky mother. Dedra was turning out to be more and more wicked as it went along as well. The prison bit really showing how the fascist regime works overall was excellently done as well. Anyway, cant wait for the final one.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

P.S. Don't miss the post-credits scene!

I almost watched it on Youtube. It was recommended to me, and I clicked on it until I realized it's from today's finale. xD

• Subscriber

I'll post my more coherent thoughts later, but this show has been truly fantastic. The tone might be darker and grimmer, but the overall message, hope, and inspiration to stand up to tyranny is very very close to the original Star Wars in spirit. 

Wow, what a finale. Exactly what this great first season deserved. 

The marching funeral band was such a vibe. Maarva's speech was absolutely epic! I love how even Luthen was moved by it. 

The kid with the bomb though. Felt like he did more damage than good? Looked like the town had the upper hand until he threw the bomb. xD

Also loved Syril's face every time he spotted Dedra. xD Of course he just waited until he could become her hero. 

Andor's big friend is one of my favourite characters of the season! Such a good and loyal friend. Not bad at fighting too though apparently. 

Anyway, what a great series this is. I hope Season 2 will keep the quality up, but I have no doubt.

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Wow, what a finale. Exactly what this great first season deserved. 

Hide contents

The marching funeral band was such a vibe. Maarva's speech was absolutely epic! I love how even Luthen was moved by it. 

The kid with the bomb though. Felt like he did more damage than good? Looked like the town had the upper hand until he threw the bomb. xD

Also loved Syril's face every time he spotted Dedra. xD Of course he just waited until he could become there hero. 

Andor's big friend is one of my favourite characters of the season! Such a good and loyal friend. Not bad at fighting too though apparently. 

Anyway, what a great series this is. I hope Season 2 will keep the quality up, but I have no doubt.

Yes, Maarva's speech was inspiring. In general, this series is so powerful, it makes me want to pack my shit and go start a rebellion somewhere

xD

The Andor's friend, Brasso - I really like his character too. What I thought was hilarious is him using Maarva's brick to knock the Imperial out. Imagine being dead, and still fighting fascists xD Great stuff. And yes, the whole funeral marching was powerful. I want that band playing in my funeral, too xD

Another thing I really liked was that we got to hear some parts of Nemik's manifesto, and I love that it played a part in convincing Cassian to join the rebellion. This is also a good example how great character development can be; the whole transition of Andor from a petty thief who cares only about himself to someone who is willing to join the cause and fight for something that bigger than him was really well done, and most importantly, that transition was also very believable. I loved the ending, too. "Kill me, or take me in". Brilliant...

Mon Mothma's intelligence explains how she became the leader of the rebellion later on. It was very clever of her to have that "fight" with her husband about him gambling at the back of the car, knowing that the driver is planted by the ISB and was listening :D And now we also know she is sacrificing her family (more precisely, her daughter) for what's best for the rebellion too.

Oh and another thing I truly liked was showing how Dedra was completely useless when the riots started, and how shaken she was in the aftermath. It makes so much sense that an officer in intelligence services would have little experience in action, and it's great that they are showing vulnerabilities in characters that make them very realistic. That scene with Dedra and Syril there though, there was so much sexual tension I thought they were going to get it on right there on the spot xD Going to be interesting to see how their relationship develops.

Oh, and it was pretty cool to see that my guess about the Narkina 5 prisoners building parts for the Death Star was correct! 

Such a long wait for Season 2 now :( I will most definitely rewatch Season 1 at least once during the wait.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

Yes, Maarva's speech was inspiring. In general, this series is so powerful, it makes me want to pack my shit and go start a rebellion somewhere

xD

The Andor's friend, Brasso - I really like his character too. What I thought was hilarious is him using Maarva's brick to knock the Imperial out. Imagine being dead, and still fighting fascists xD Great stuff. And yes, the whole funeral marching was powerful. I want that band playing in my funeral, too xD

Another thing I really liked was that we got to hear some parts of Nemik's manifesto, and I love that it played a part in convincing Cassian to join the rebellion. This is also a good example how great character development can be; the whole transition of Andor from a petty thief who cares only about himself to someone who is willing to join the cause and fight for something that bigger than him was really well done, and most importantly, that transition was also very believable. I loved the ending, too. "Kill me, or take me in". Brilliant...

Mon Mothma's intelligence explains how she became the leader of the rebellion later on. It was very clever of her to have that "fight" with her husband about him gambling at the back of the car, knowing that the driver is planted by the ISB and was listening :D And now we also know she is sacrificing her family (more precisely, her daughter) for what's best for the rebellion too.

Oh and another thing I truly liked was showing how Dedra was completely useless when the riots started, and how shaken she was in the aftermath. It makes so much sense that an officer in intelligence services would have little experience in action, and it's great that they are showing vulnerabilities in characters that make them very realistic. That scene with Dedra and Syril there though, there was so much sexual tension I thought they were going to get it on right there on the spot xD Going to be interesting to see how their relationship develops.

Oh, and it was pretty cool to see that my guess about the Narkina 5 prisoners building parts for the Death Star was correct! 

Such a long wait for Season 2 now :( I will most definitely rewatch Season 1 at least once during the wait.

There was so much happening, I forgot to mention quite a few things!

Yes! Andor reading/hearing (it was an Audiobook? 

xD) Nemik's manifesto was fantastic. When Luthen talked about killing Andor, I thought "waaait, he's on your side!" xD Also the actor who played Nemik has a very soothing voice. Reminds me of Ben Whishaw's voice. 

Brasso hitting the Imperial with Maarva's brick made me chuckle too. xD 

And using her husband's gambling addiction to cover her tracks was indeed an awesome move by Mon Mothma. I wonder how she knew that her driver a was a mole. Did someone inform her of that?

I was expecting at least a kiss between Syril and Dedra as well. At least him trying to kiss her. I still laugh at his face everytime he spotted her from the crowd. Like a puppy spotting it's owner. xD

And yea, they use those parts for the laser, no? 

Oh and shoutout to B2EMO. What a nice loyal droid (😭), without making him all sellable and cute looking like BB-8. When that Imperial swine knocked him over to stop Maarva's hologram, I thought okay, that's the last straw! xD

Also, I don't think that's a spoiler. What is the name of that actor? I swear I've seen him somewhere before, but I can't quite place him. I think he was a lot younger when I saw him in....whatever it was. 

Unbenannt.png

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

There was so much happening, I forgot to mention quite a few things!

Reveal hidden contents

Regarding Mon Mothma: I believe she mentioned in one of the first few episodes already that a new driver has been assigned to her again, so she probably just figured out that it has to be an ISB spy, considering all the rumours that the Imperials are increasing their surveillance of the senators.

Regarding B2:
0198ndtrlp1a1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

xD But seriously, I am so glad it survived and made the escape together with the others! I felt really bad for the droid when Maarva died and he was scared to be alone :( 

Oh and another thing I forgot, that man in the high tower slamming the hammer (credits name him as the Time Grappler) was such an intense battle cry. I also had to chuckle when he kicked that stormtrooper down, full on "This is Spartaaaaaaa" mode xD 

• Subscriber

There will be times when the struggle seems impossible. I know this already. Alone, unsure, dwarfed by the scale of the enemy.

Remember this, Freedom is a pure idea. It occurs spontaneously and without instruction. Random acts of insurrection are occurring constantly throughout the galaxy. There are whole armies, battalions that have no idea that they’ve already enlisted in the cause.

Remember that the frontier of the Rebellion is everywhere. And even the smallest act of insurrection pushes our lines forward.

And remember this: the Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear.

Remember that. And know this, the day will come when all these skirmishes and battles, these moments of defiance will have flooded the banks of the Empire’s authority and then there will be one too many. One single thing will break the siege.

Remember this: Try.

Eat that, Yoda!

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

Regarding Mon Mothma: I believe she mentioned in one of the first few episodes already that a new driver has been assigned to her again, so she probably just figured out that it has to be an ISB spy, considering all the rumours that the Imperials are increasing their surveillance of the senators.

Regarding B2:
0198ndtrlp1a1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

xD But seriously, I am so glad it survived and made the escape together with the others! I felt really bad for the droid when Maarva died and he was scared to be alone :( 

Oh and another thing I forgot, that man in the high tower slamming the hammer (credits name him as the Time Grappler) was such an intense battle cry. I also had to chuckle when he kicked that stormtrooper down, full on "This is Spartaaaaaaa" mode xD 

I knew from the moment that Stormtropper was sent to the Belltower that he is doomed. That Belltower man is very passionate at what he does, and doesn't let anyone or anything get in the way of it. 

xD

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

For real. 

I have re-watched Luthen's speech about his sacrifice dozens of times. Now we got Nemik's manifesto and Maarva's speech, which I will probably re-watch plenty of times as well. 

The writing in this show is simply sublime. I can see how it can even give hope to people who watch the series and live in a country that have a regime who oppresses them.

Sorry, it's me again. Just re-watching some scenes 😅

They kid who built the bomb, he seemed kind of promiment the minute the episode started. And then he reacted so emotionally to Maarva's speech, and they ended up rescuing him and fly him off the planet. I can imagine that he will be crucial in the next season(s) as well.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sorry, it's me again. Just re-watching some scenes 😅

Reveal hidden contents

It's Paak's son! He's emotional because the Empire killed his father... 

• Subscriber

Excellent finale to sink our teeth into. I think after wrapping all of it up its easily the best Star Wars series and it probably isnt that close. The writing is superb as you guys have mentioned.

Marva's speech was perfect. How it all goes down with nearly all the major players there, great way to finish out season 1. That last scene Cassian coming full circle turning into a Rebel. Just perfect.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know Disney is big in China… does Andor stream there? I’d imagine there’s quite a bit their government would find objectionable.

No, as I believe Disney+ hasn't launched in China yet...

Archived