talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Andor (2022)

football forum

There will be times when the struggle seems impossible. I know this already. Alone, unsure, dwarfed by the scale of the enemy.

Remember this, Freedom is a pure idea. It occurs spontaneously and without instruction. Random acts of insurrection are occurring constantly throughout the galaxy. There are whole armies, battalions that have no idea that they’ve already enlisted in the cause.

Remember that the frontier of the Rebellion is everywhere. And even the smallest act of insurrection pushes our lines forward.

And remember this: the Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear.

Remember that. And know this, the day will come when all these skirmishes and battles, these moments of defiance will have flooded the banks of the Empire’s authority and then there will be one too many. One single thing will break the siege.

Remember this: Try.

Eat that, Yoda!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

Regarding Mon Mothma: I believe she mentioned in one of the first few episodes already that a new driver has been assigned to her again, so she probably just figured out that it has to be an ISB spy, considering all the rumours that the Imperials are increasing their surveillance of the senators.

Regarding B2:
0198ndtrlp1a1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

xD But seriously, I am so glad it survived and made the escape together with the others! I felt really bad for the droid when Maarva died and he was scared to be alone :( 

Oh and another thing I forgot, that man in the high tower slamming the hammer (credits name him as the Time Grappler) was such an intense battle cry. I also had to chuckle when he kicked that stormtrooper down, full on "This is Spartaaaaaaa" mode xD 

I knew from the moment that Stormtropper was sent to the Belltower that he is doomed. That Belltower man is very passionate at what he does, and doesn't let anyone or anything get in the way of it. 

xD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

Yes, Maarva's speech was inspiring. In general, this series is so powerful, it makes me want to pack my shit and go start a rebellion somewhere

For real. 

I have re-watched Luthen's speech about his sacrifice dozens of times. Now we got Nemik's manifesto and Maarva's speech, which I will probably re-watch plenty of times as well. 

The writing in this show is simply sublime. I can see how it can even give hope to people who watch the series and live in a country that have a regime who oppresses them.

• Like 2

Sorry, it's me again. Just re-watching some scenes 😅

They kid who built the bomb, he seemed kind of promiment the minute the episode started. And then he reacted so emotionally to Maarva's speech, and they ended up rescuing him and fly him off the planet. I can imagine that he will be crucial in the next season(s) as well.

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sorry, it's me again. Just re-watching some scenes 😅

Reveal hidden contents

It's Paak's son! He's emotional because the Empire killed his father... 

• Wow 1

Excellent finale to sink our teeth into. I think after wrapping all of it up its easily the best Star Wars series and it probably isnt that close. The writing is superb as you guys have mentioned.

Marva's speech was perfect. How it all goes down with nearly all the major players there, great way to finish out season 1. That last scene Cassian coming full circle turning into a Rebel. Just perfect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 24/11/2022 at 00:15, Tommy said:

Blimey. 

Reveal hidden contents

Thats a funny one to miss. They mentioned they where going to hang his body in the town center as well, although they didnt show it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know Disney is big in China… does Andor stream there? I’d imagine there’s quite a bit their government would find objectionable.

No, as I believe Disney+ hasn't launched in China yet...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This is the first series that I actually miss after a season ended. Luckily there's more to come, but still.... 🥲

I'm still a bit annoyed that they went from planned 5 seasons to just 2 😤 understandable, but still annoying.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I'm still a bit annoyed that they went from planned 5 seasons to just 2 😤 understandable, but still annoying.

So only one more season? I didn't know that (well I read it but chose not to believe it). I will savour every little bit of season 2 then. 

And then I'll re-watch Rogue One, with all the background info we have, it should be an interesting watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

So only one more season? I didn't know that (well I read it but chose not to believe it). I will savour every little bit of season 2 then. 

And then I'll re-watch Rogue One, with all the background info we have, it should be an interesting watch. 

Yes... I mean, it probably makes sense. Better to have a limited high quality series than have it drag on forever. 

And also yes, I'm so excited to watch Rogue One again after the show ends! It's literally my go-to movie during flights, as it seems to be available on every flight, for some reason xD and yet, after all those views, I bet it's going to be a completely different experience after the whole new background information...

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes... I mean, it probably makes sense. Better to have a limited high quality series than have it drag on forever. 

And also yes, I'm so excited to watch Rogue One again after the show ends! It's literally my go-to movie during flights, as it seems to be available on every flight, for some reason xD and yet, after all those views, I bet it's going to be a completely different experience after the whole new background information...

Yea, that's true. The writing has been one of the best I've ever seen, but that can go down south quick if they drag it on for too long. So one more season of what Season 1 has been, is better than 2-3 more season of mediocre stuff. 

I already re-watched the ending of Rogue One on YouTube, and I already saw Cassian with completely different eyes. 😂

• Upvote 1