talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Bayern Sign Defender from Juventus

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think it’s a Newcastle problem not a Dutch problem

You know what other nationality struggles in the Premier League? English players.

French too, English players are overrated.   if Kelvin Phillips is worth 50m then Joe of Linton is 100m ez

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Think with Sterling + Raphinha along with de Ligt and Ake being priorities for Tuchel it does give evidence we will switch to a back 4. 

Why's City selling good players to potentially a direct rival (because I think on paper you can be right up there with us or City)?

I do think a back 4 will be good for Chelsea though.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah, but you're getting Lenglet by the looks of it.

I'd rather have @DeadLinesman in defence.

Yeah disappointed with this. Been dreadful for Barca. And had one good season with Sevilla.

but ultimately we are building a squad and a) think we are hanging on for next year when our preferred targets Bastoni/Gvardiol likely more available and b) we are backing Conte. If he wants a player then we are supporting that. Lenglet should be reasonable competition for Davies at LCB in this system and he’s very good on the ball. Not happy but got to just trust the manager  

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why's City selling good players to potentially a direct rival (because I think on paper you can be right up there with us or City)?

Mate, it’s Tottenham

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hands tied behind their back. Player wants to leave and he's on a year left. Suggestions he wants to move back to London. 

• Subscriber

Pretty decent Bayern source. Theres some merit to it as our interest was there before he moved to Juve. I just cant see us paying those prices though unless some sales are in the works at the same time.

• Subscriber

Yeah its kind of emerged as apparently Pavard might want out. Would make more sense. Plettenberg was the one who broke the Mane news first for us too fyi...been fairly good this transfer window thus far. 

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah its kind of emerged as apparently Pavard might want out. Would make more sense. Plettenberg was the one who broke the Mane news first for us too fyi...been fairly good this transfer window thus far. 

Think you either have to meet the valuation or move on. Juve don't accept player swaps after the Pjanic/Arthur situation. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think you either have to meet the valuation or move on. Juve don't accept player swaps after the Pjanic/Arthur situation. 

Thats kind of what I figured too. I wouldnt rule it out entirely as adding Pavard to the block of potential sales its certainly possible and then theres the pressing need for another CB, Id still say its an outside chance though with that kind of fee. 

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Pedulla and DiMarzio both claiming we are still his main preference as he wants to play in PL. 

I swear this window is you running about on players Chelsea are linked too and going "Nah this ones ours guys this time I swear" and plugging your fingers into your ears as soon as another club is linked hahaha. 

I hope you get this one mate. 

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Bayern Sign Defender from Juventus

Archived