talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Bayern Sign Defender from Juventus

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I swear this window is you running about on players Chelsea are linked too and going "Nah this ones ours guys this time I swear" and plugging your fingers into your ears as soon as another club is linked hahaha. 

I hope you get this one mate. 

It's different when only Bayern media sources are claiming this when Tier 1 Italian sources in Pedulla and DiMarzio are saying the opposite. 

And I mentioned a while back we just aren't a pull for top players considering the way we've been run. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

It's different when only Bayern media sources are claiming this when Tier 1 Italian sources in Pedulla and DiMarzio are saying the opposite. 

And I mentioned a while back we just aren't a pull for top players considering the way we've been run. 

I dont know anything about this source but there is this now:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-de-ligt-ake-transfer-latest-bayern-munich-b1010300.html

Harry Kau of Sport 1 is now saying we've agreed personal terms with De Ligt and he prefers a move to Munich. Well we'll see how this plays out. 

13 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I dont know anything about this source but there is this now:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-de-ligt-ake-transfer-latest-bayern-munich-b1010300.html

Harry Kau of Sport 1 is now saying we've agreed personal terms with De Ligt and he prefers a move to Munich. Well we'll see how this plays out. 

Only German media outlets are claiming De Ligt prefers a move to Bayern. 

Juve's correspondent Alfredo Pedulla stated this was never reported to him, only that De Ligt prefers a move to the Premier League. DiMarzio is also backing up Pedulla's statement and Tier 1 English reporter Ben Jacobs as well. 

What it looks like from the outside in is Bayern using everything in their means to put pressure on De Ligt waiting out for them because they can't out bid us. 

On 09/07/2022 at 11:50, OrangeKhrush said:

Got Ake so all good😬

It was @Panna King who mentioned De Ligt prefers being on the right hand side, Ake is a left sided player.

Noticed Ampadu (who can play as a full back) is part of Chelsea’s pre-season in America, surprised they haven’t done what Conte has done with Spurs players this season and left them at home. If he can’t set the world alight in Sheffield or Venice then he’s not doing much at Chelsea, gotta feel with their academy there is a better player just around the corner anyway.

3 hours ago, DNA said:

It was @Panna King who mentioned De Ligt prefers being on the right hand side, Ake is a left sided player.

Noticed Ampadu (who can play as a full back) is part of Chelsea’s pre-season in America, surprised they haven’t done what Conte has done with Spurs players this season and left them at home. If he can’t set the world alight in Sheffield or Venice then he’s not doing much at Chelsea, gotta feel with their academy there is a better player just around the corner anyway.

Yes, one of the main reasons why he wants to leave.

Like the Raphinha deal with Barcelona I think he will end up at Bayern and that will be 2 players we could miss out on this window.. It's one thing sorting out a decent deal to bring players in but if their hearts are set on certain clubs and those clubs show concrete interest then it's just a matter of time before they thrash out a deal.. No player is going to be wanting to sign a contract with another club that ties them down to 4 or 5 years before they get their dream move.. 

Just out of curiosity would de Ligt have competition for that spot or would he be a mainstay in the side?? It might be a big club but if playing time is a factor and they couldn't promise him it then it's the only thing I could think of that might scupper any deal.. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Like the Raphinha deal with Barcelona I think he will end up at Bayern and that will be 2 players we could miss out on this window.. It's one thing sorting out a decent deal to bring players in but if their hearts are set on certain clubs and those clubs show concrete interest then it's just a matter of time before they thrash out a deal.. No player is going to be wanting to sign a contract with another club that ties them down to 4 or 5 years before they get their dream move.. 

Just out of curiosity would de Ligt have competition for that spot or would he be a mainstay in the side?? It might be a big club but if playing time is a factor and they couldn't promise him it then it's the only thing I could think of that might scupper any deal.. 

If we do end up getting him he's going to be a mainstay. The word is Pavard might shake loose if this does happen but even if he doesn't we have Hernandez and De Ligt as starters and Pavard and Upamecano as rotation and to a lesser extent Niazou. More likely with the transfers we've already made Nagelsmann is going to be going with 3 atb full-time though which he slots into perfectly.

If you're De Ligt, surely Bayern is a more tempting proposition than being at the heart of the Chelsea defense in another rebuild?

Not that I don't think Tuchel won't be able to make Chelsea look strong right from the beginning of the season - I think he will. But as a young player, I think it's easier to develop into a top player coming into a side that's already sort of established it's dominance.

And few sides can claim they've established dominance the way Bayern Munich can with the Bundesliga.

48 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you're De Ligt, surely Bayern is a more tempting proposition than being at the heart of the Chelsea defense in another rebuild?

Not that I don't think Tuchel won't be able to make Chelsea look strong right from the beginning of the season - I think he will. But as a young player, I think it's easier to develop into a top player coming into a side that's already sort of established it's dominance.

And few sides can claim they've established dominance the way Bayern Munich can with the Bundesliga.

Without a doubt. Far more established. League titles guaranteed and a very strong chance at the Champions League. 

Bayern’s back line has cost so much, the fee for Hernandez was crazy and now this takes the biscuit. What is it with them and breaking all their spending habits for the full back position..

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, DNA said:

Bayern’s back line has cost so much, the fee for Hernandez was crazy and now this takes the biscuit. What is it with them and breaking all their spending habits for the full back position..

Yeah I honestly don't know. It is definitely something. I'm fine with this much like the Hernandez deal back then but there definitely has been cheaper options all around. For whatever the reason finding a stable backline has been our heel.

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Bayern Sign Defender from Juventus

Archived