talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Bayern Sign Defender from Juventus

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Do Bayern have dirt on every club chairman in the world? How do they continually get players this cheap? Or does England genuinely pay a Premier League tax? I genuinely don’t think that’s a high price for the calibre of player.

Think English clubs get every player at a higher cost because everyone expects them to have money. Not sure how this move makes sense for De Ligt. Not degrading Bayern which is a massive European club, but he will just have competition in the UCL and they run over the league every season. 

On 17/07/2022 at 14:01, Spike said:

Most expensive defence in the world? Either Bayern or Liverpool, if I remember the numbers right. 

Not City?

Our starting defense for most matches last season was Robertson (under £10m signing fee), Matip (free transfer), Virgil (£75m), and Trent (from the academy). Obviously our typical CL defense is a lot more expensive looking because you'd swap out Matip for Konate (£50m). But even then, I think City's would beat that.

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Bayern Sign Defender from Juventus
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not City?

Our starting defense for most matches last season was Robertson (under £10m signing fee), Matip (free transfer), Virgil (£75m), and Trent (from the academy). Obviously our typical CL defense is a lot more expensive looking because you'd swap out Matip for Konate (£50m). But even then, I think City's would beat that.

I Konate was more, as well as Robertson

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I Konate was more, as well as Robertson

Konate's fee actually appears to be less than what I quoted - it's €32.5m- €34m (so sayeth the google) - transfermarket.co.uk says £36m though - which sounds more right to me, Robertson was £8m.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Konate's fee actually appears to be less than what I quoted - it's €32.5m- €34m (so sayeth the google) - transfermarket.co.uk says £36m though - which sounds more right to me, Robertson was £8m.

Fair. I think I was thinking of that mediocre midfielder that cost a lot

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Didn’t think he was even popular. I can’t even remember his name

Naby Keita. I don't think he's a bad player (far from it, tbh), but I also don't think he's a £50m midfielder.

23 minutes ago, Rick said:

Ahh I got the wrong end of the stick. You talking about the 50m+ Keita? 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Naby Keita. I don't think he's a bad player (far from it, tbh), but I also don't think he's a £50m midfielder.

Yeah that is the bloke

Archived