talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton - Takeover on the Horizon?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Stan said:

They need it to get some signings in otherwise they'll struggle again. To me apart from the 2 main strikers that squad is shit. Have they even signed anybody yet? 

Seen them linked with Harry winks.. Not a bad player but on loan. Is that where Everton have fallen to having to get players on loan.. 

Nothing against Everton but lampard can't keep squeezing the most out of them and expect it week in week out. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

They need it to get some signings in otherwise they'll struggle again. To me apart from the 2 main strikers that squad is shit. Have they even signed anybody yet? 

Seen them linked with Harry winks.. Not a bad player but on loan. Is that where Everton have fallen to having to get players on loan.. 

Nothing against Everton but lampard can't keep squeezing the most out of them and expect it week in week out. 

Richarlison and Gordon potentially going is big too. Two of their most important players that almost carried them to survival. 

I do wonder how this takeover may change them. Don't know anything about the Kaminski family or how much of the investment will carry through to the recruitment/transfer strategy. I suspect there'll be a good portion to spend once FFP is sorted. The Richarlison transfer helps a lot towards that.

Perhaps @RandoEFC may/will know more.  

• Subscriber

The takeover talks seems to be gathering pace. I don't know anything about the different bidders but as I've said elsewhere, anything that draws a line under the management of the club that we've endured in the past 6-7 years can only be a positive. Moshiri's incompetence is up there with any of those owners who have driven clubs to administration and only the sheer amount of money spent has kept us from absolute long term disaster.

47 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Seen them linked with Harry winks.. Not a bad player but on loan. Is that where Everton have fallen to having to get players on loan

Loans are nothing new for us actually. Not the most exciting signing but to answer your question, yes, this is where we're at in the transfer market for the foreseeable future because of Financial Fair Play.

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

Richarlison and Gordon potentially going is big too. Two of their most important players that almost carried them to survival. 

I do wonder how this takeover may change them. Don't know anything about the Kaminski family or how much of the investment will carry through to the recruitment/transfer strategy. I suspect there'll be a good portion to spend once FFP is sorted. The Richarlison transfer helps a lot towards that.

Perhaps @RandoEFC may/will know more.  

There is no serious suggestion at this point that Gordon is anywhere near a transfer. Club seem to have accepted Richarlison's departure for reasonably close to his market price but want to demand way over the odds for Gordon. It would be the wrong time for him, for us and for Spurs anyway. Pretty confident that won't happen.

Apparently the takeover will have little or no bearing on FFP because the calculations are linked to the club and not the ownership, and new owners acquiring the club from Moshiri wouldn't go toward balancing the books of the club itself. We're limited by the spreadsheets so even if any new owners have billions they could invest in the transfer market, they still aren't allowed to.

This summer should go some way to pulling us back to a healthier position in terms of FFP. Big fee for Richarlison, Gomes seems to be off which helps more on the wages side as I don't think he's fetching us a fee much past £15m and even that may be optimistic. Juventus are obliged to pay us £30m or something for Moise Kean this summer as well which I'd forgotten about. 

To summarise, I'm not getting over excited but it is genuinely difficult to see how almost any other owner could provide worse management than Moshiri has. FFP remains a problem regardless of takeovers for at least this transfer window though.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

The takeover talks seems to be gathering pace. I don't know anything about the different bidders but as I've said elsewhere, anything that draws a line under the management of the club that we've endured in the past 6-7 years can only be a positive. Moshiri's incompetence is up there with any of those owners who have driven clubs to administration and only the sheer amount of money spent has kept us from absolute long term disaster.

Loans are nothing new for us actually. Not the most exciting signing but to answer your question, yes, this is where we're at in the transfer market for the foreseeable future because of Financial Fair Play.

There is no serious suggestion at this point that Gordon is anywhere near a transfer. Club seem to have accepted Richarlison's departure for reasonably close to his market price but want to demand way over the odds for Gordon. It would be the wrong time for him, for us and for Spurs anyway. Pretty confident that won't happen.

Apparently the takeover will have little or no bearing on FFP because the calculations are linked to the club and not the ownership, and new owners acquiring the club from Moshiri wouldn't go toward balancing the books of the club itself. We're limited by the spreadsheets so even if any new owners have billions they could invest in the transfer market, they still aren't allowed to.

This summer should go some way to pulling us back to a healthier position in terms of FFP. Big fee for Richarlison, Gomes seems to be off which helps more on the wages side as I don't think he's fetching us a fee much past £15m and even that may be optimistic. Juventus are obliged to pay us £30m or something for Moise Kean this summer as well which I'd forgotten about. 

To summarise, I'm not getting over excited but it is genuinely difficult to see how almost any other owner could provide worse management than Moshiri has. FFP remains a problem regardless of takeovers for at least this transfer window though.

So unless you get investment you are in for another struggle. Not saying you'll get relegated but I reckon you'll be bottom half. Club the size of Everton shouldn't be down with the dead men 

How much debt (excluding the stadium) does Everton have? And would it be cleared by the takeover?

Seen from 2019 and 2020, they had losses of a combined £250million over two seasons, and have a wage bill that almost matches their entire income. Doesn't come across as a hugely encouraging situation to take over.

If nothing else, the new owner would have to be cutting costs as a first step and doesn't come across as the greatest first impression to win over the supporters.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

So unless you get investment you are in for another struggle. Not saying you'll get relegated but I reckon you'll be bottom half. Club the size of Everton shouldn't be down with the dead men 

You can still make some smart investments on a low budget. The thought of the current board being in charge of that is frightening though.

I'd be surprised if we finished top half next season though. Although I'd also be surprised if we ended up in another full blown relegation scrap.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You can still make some smart investments on a low budget. The thought of the current board being in charge of that is frightening though.

I'd be surprised if we finished top half next season though. Although I'd also be surprised if we ended up in another full blown relegation scrap.

Tell me about it we did it for seasons average net spend 6m 

I don't think you'll be in a relegation scrap. Just bottom half 

• Subscriber

I'm so done with football club ownership and the dark arts of these tycoons who have enough money just to buy football clubs for fun that I can't even be arsed reading it. Football ownership is an absolute circus now. It's pure luck whether you end up saddled with owners that are going to bleed your club dry or whether you get people who are both well-funded and competent leading you to enjoy a patch of success. And fans can't control any of it. Football is something that just happens to us as an after-thought once the billionaires have played their various cards.

the difference is Mike Ashley or an Amanda Staveley and co ownership and if anyone says they want Mike Ashley, they are lying.

while I can't feel sorry for Everton spending money like they did, I do think they deserve better ownership.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the difference is Mike Ashley or an Amanda Staveley and co ownership and if anyone says they want Mike Ashley, they are lying.

while I can't feel sorry for Everton spending money like they did, I do think they deserve better ownership.

I think it's fair to not feel sorry for Everton as a club, but for the fans it's another club being used by a billionaire without any direction or structure.

Not sure if Kenyon is someone to get excited about, but probably better than the shit we've had the past couple of years.

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I think it's fair to not feel sorry for Everton as a club, but for the fans it's another club being used by a billionaire without any direction or structure.

Not sure if Kenyon is someone to get excited about, but probably better than the shit we've had the past couple of years.

I can confirm shit ownership is soul crushing

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Not fishy at all that it breaks in the news that Kenyon wants to remove Kenwright, then all of a sudden the deal breaks down.

Why would any new owner want to keep Kenwright onboard though?

It's a serious question as I don't think he's done much right in his time at Everton... and I think he's been a part of some ridiculously (and some... like myself... would say hilariously) bad decisions. And then he managed to find someone even less competent than himself to sell the club too, but managed to weasel himself into not actually losing his role at the club and continuing to embarrass one of the country's biggest clubs.

It's like wanting to buy a railway line, but insisting on having the same fucking drunk conductor that keeps crashing trains constantly keep their job. Why the fuck would anyone do that?

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why would any new owner want to keep Kenwright onboard though?

It's a serious question as I don't think he's done much right in his time at Everton... and I think he's been a part of some ridiculously (and some... like myself... would say hilariously) bad decisions. And then he managed to find someone even less competent than himself to sell the club too, but managed to weasel himself into not actually losing his role at the club and continuing to embarrass one of the country's biggest clubs.

It's like wanting to buy a railway line, but insisting on having the same fucking drunk conductor that keeps crashing trains constantly keep their job. Why the fuck would anyone do that?

I'm sure you remember throughout the 2000s and 2010s how many apparent Everton takeover bids fell through before Moshiri finally bought the club.

Kenwright always banged on about finding the right buyer for the club. Well, it isn't a coincidence that "the right buyer for Everton" turned out to be almost the only potential new owner in the world who was willing to leave Kenwright in his role as chairman and still have a say in how the club was run.

Moshiri left Kenwright in post because he doesn't know the first thing about running a football club. This is something he has proven time and again in the past 6-7 years. He's so bad, he makes Kenwright look halfway sensible at times, which is quite something given how many times Everton have had to sell Rooneys and Artetas to avoid financial oblivion when the club was under his sole stewardship. And that suits Kenwright just fine because it let's him get positive publicity when he leaks to his mates at the Echo that he's fighting the unpopular appointment of Benitez, for example.

I don't know what Kenwright is actually clinging on to to be honest. About to turn 77 years old having been involved at Everton for 20+ years and achieved nothing. Doesn't seem like there's much in it for him at this point aside from that classic excuse of wanting to cling onto his train set.

The pair of them are an absolutely tragic combination to be calling the shots for a Premier League football club. Moshiri is a lunatic who listens to any super agent who tells him Anwar El Ghazi will solve all of Everton's problems and thinks he's some sort of gallant saviour regardless of the poor performance of the club on his watch because he's building the new stadium. Kenwright reacts to Moshiri's nonsense by getting involved with other transfer negotiations, again not for the good of the club, but so he can feel as if he still has influence as chairman, when they should both fuck right off and leave it to the manager and director of football.

I've said it about so many owners over the years but I'm sure Moshiri doesn't operate like this in his other businesses. Purchasing an asset within a market in which he has zero expertise and then getting involved in recruitment and decision making instead of letting his employees with key expertise call the shots and make him money, because if he did, he wouldn't have the money to buy a Premier League football club in the first place.

But whatever. We're long past the point of either of these two morons changing their stripes so just got to cling onto the hope that there's still a chance of an ownership change this summer. It wouldn't have come as far as it did if Moshiri wasn't open to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived