• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gianluca Scamacca Signs for West Ham

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Damn. Was hoping he wouldn't come to Premier League. Had any of our strikers not been at Leicester, and we had money to burn, I'd have wanted him here. 

For a big brute of a man he's got very good feet. Decent player. Can see him scoring a load for West Ham. 

I've watched him many times now and he is a quality forward. He's easily among the top 3 Italian forwards right now. West Ham have done well to stump up a big transfer fee to buy him ahead of many elite clubs around Europe. I am sure he will thrive at West Ham, because this is no Simone Zaza, who was also an Italian international striker, but flopped at West Ham. Scamacca has so much more quality than that and it's why the top clubs were after him.

I think his style of play will suit the Premier League, he has strength, power and great technique to bag many goals in the Premier League. I've been very sceptical of many Italian strikers in the past, but I really rate Scamacca and West Ham have done great to get him ahead of his many other suitors. West Ham finished 7th last season in the Prem and 6th the season before that. With signings such as this, they are moving in the right direction to improve on those positions.

• The title was changed to Gianluca Scamacca Signs for West Ham

Archived