talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jesse Lingard - Joins Forest on a Free

You could just about stomach 80k (barely mind) if he recreates his West Ham form for them. He won’t do that mind, he’ll be playing with much lesser players and he isn’t the personality to push players around him to a higher level. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

You could just about stomach 80k (barely mind) if he recreates his West Ham form for them. He won’t do that mind, he’ll be playing with much lesser players and he isn’t the personality to push players around him to a higher level. 

IMG-20220721-WA0012.jpg

His record without that six month spell at West Ham is some sight.

22 minutes ago, Devil said:

The Forest introduction video is absolute cringe 😂

So glad he's gone from United. He can't take his Milly shuffle dance and stick it up his arse. 

He was always just a Poundshop Lee Sharpe

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you think he’s on 80k a week, you also think Citeh don’t pay their players over 200k a week……

Journalists Forest fans online say are reputable say it's 80k a week, but with incentive bonuses that can take it up to 120k a week.

I still think they're overpaying him... but I guess if you're going to overpay him, the way to do it is by adding bonuses that reward him for performing rather than just giving him a fat was of cash each week guaranteed for a year.

Looking at their wage budget too, I think it's probably accurate - the £180k-200k a week that was reported would have made him, by far, their biggest earner. Now they can sort of treat it like a loan.

If he does well at Forest, I think he should probably be staying there rather than looking to move again. I think he's never really been quite good enough to be a regular starter at United... and that's okay, some players just never make it with the pressure of needing to perform week in week out at a big club but can still go on to have good careers. But if he does crap, I think it makes that purple patch at West Ham just look like a purple patch & I doubt he'll get serious offers in the prem again.

In that sense, I think it's a bit risky for him to make the move to Forest who are going to look like a very very different side to how they were last year with all of these new players. I think with so many new first team players, it can be tough to have a team properly gelling at the beginning of a season. I guess it can go both ways, they can either look shit and disjoint because the players aren't used to each other... or the new lads will give them the quality they need to stay up, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Journalists Forest fans online say are reputable say it's 80k a week, but with incentive bonuses that can take it up to 120k a week.

I still think they're overpaying him... but I guess if you're going to overpay him, the way to do it is by adding bonuses that reward him for performing rather than just giving him a fat was of cash each week guaranteed for a year.

Looking at their wage budget too, I think it's probably accurate - the £180k-200k a week that was reported would have made him, by far, their biggest earner. Now they can sort of treat it like a loan.

If he does well at Forest, I think he should probably be staying there rather than looking to move again. I think he's never really been quite good enough to be a regular starter at United... and that's okay, some players just never make it with the pressure of needing to perform week in week out at a big club but can still go on to have good careers. But if he does crap, I think it makes that purple patch at West Ham just look like a purple patch & I doubt he'll get serious offers in the prem again.

In that sense, I think it's a bit risky for him to make the move to Forest who are going to look like a very very different side to how they were last year with all of these new players. I think with so many new first team players, it can be tough to have a team properly gelling at the beginning of a season. I guess it can go both ways, they can either look shit and disjoint because the players aren't used to each other... or the new lads will give them the quality they need to stay up, I guess.

I just can’t see it being that low. Nobody was having to put in a transfer fee either. You think him and his brother are that stupid that they wouldn’t use this in negotiations? Usually with a player of his ‘calibre’, it’s be a £20mill plus fee I reckon, maybe as low as £15mill. They would use that as a starter when negotiating that wage in my honest opinion. That’s what a lot of players do now when winding down a contract. It’s the insensitive for a higher wage because you’re getting them for free anyway. I just can’t see him getting out of bed for less than 100k a week.

35 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I just can’t see it being that low. Nobody was having to put in a transfer fee either. You think him and his brother are that stupid that they wouldn’t use this in negotiations? Usually with a player of his ‘calibre’, it’s be a £20mill plus fee I reckon, maybe as low as £15mill. They would use that as a starter when negotiating that wage in my honest opinion. That’s what a lot of players do now when winding down a contract. It’s the insensitive for a higher wage because you’re getting them for free anyway. I just can’t see him getting out of bed for less than 100k a week.

I mean don't they get a big fat sign on bonus that typically isn't reported? Especially with free transfers.

So I'd suspect the Forest journos are right about the wages and the bonus structure... but I also think Forest have probably given him an absolutely insane amount of money just for him signing a contract with them.

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping he does well even though I don't really like him and I think he's irritating xD - when he was having that purple patch at West Ham, I thought it was the most bizarre thing in football ever because he looked absolutely fucking brilliant and I'm not convinced he's anywhere near brilliant. I think there's a good chance though he just spunks this chance he's got at last chance saloon right up the wall though.

• Subscriber

Absolutely howling that they're paying him that. They're great value I have to give it to them. He's a player who became so universally 'underrated' that he's become overrated. It's a good signing for a newly promoted side but not for that money. They're as daft as ever.

On 20/07/2022 at 11:55, Stan said:

£180k/w :o 

Jeez. No wonder he is still a free agent with those kinds of demands. 

That is mad probably none of the current Forest crop is near that. I mean money nowdays is crazy and all, but he isn't like a brand new in football or a key player to be looked uppon. Regardless don't mind him at all and i hope he performs well for the money he will receive from Forest.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, True Blue said:

That is mad probably none of the current Forest crop is near that. I mean money nowdays is crazy and all, but he isn't like a brand new in football or a key player to be looked uppon. Regardless don't mind him at all and i hope he performs well for the money he will receive from Forest.

They're apparently paying all of Dean Henderson's £120k a week wages as well.

I was thinking they were building a decent side but now I think they're just being a bit reckless. No newly promoted side should be paying £300k a week for those two.

55 minutes ago, Dan said:

They're apparently paying all of Dean Henderson's £120k a week wages as well.

I was thinking they were building a decent side but now I think they're just being a bit reckless. No newly promoted side should be paying £300k a week for those two.

Let's not forget this is the same owner that spent years being trigger happy firing managers, tried to emulate the Wolves approach but signed Jorge Mendes shit players, took a gun on to the pitch and had over 30+ first team players for the 2020/21 season.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Let's not forget this is the same owner that spent years being trigger happy firing managers, tried to emulate the Wolves approach but signed Jorge Mendes shit players, took a gun on to the pitch and had over 30+ first team players for the 2020/21 season.

With them I thought with the Dane Murphy / Steve Cooper combination they had actually gotten their act together a bit. I'm more starting to think they're just a bit reckless after all. Will be interesting to see how it pans out but my god it'll be funny if it goes bang. They're already banging on about challenging for Europe.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

With them I thought with the Dane Murphy / Steve Cooper combination they had actually gotten their act together a bit. I'm more starting to think they're just a bit reckless after all. Will be interesting to see how it pans out but my god it'll be funny if it goes bang. They're already banging on about challenging for Europe.

Isn't their owner facing corruption charges back in Greece too? Or was that owner fucked off for good? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Isn't their owner facing corruption charges back in Greece too? Or was that owner fucked off for good? 

Unsure but he's clearly a bit dodgy. There's often no smoke without fire.

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wasn't a massive fan of Steve Cooper at Swansea but he does have a head on him so I imagine he's probably taking advantage of the owner to try and get some common sense transfers in too. I'd say away from Lingaard all of the signings have been good, bar Henderson's wages

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

I wasn't a massive fan of Steve Cooper at Swansea but he does have a head on him so I imagine he's probably taking advantage of the owner to try and get some common sense transfers in too. I'd say away from Lingaard all of the signings have been good, bar Henderson's wages

Yeah I agree with that. The issue they've got is with all the loanees is that they needed to have a 10/10 window but all the sigings have been good so far.

Archived