football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stan said:

All those tantrums and he moves to Saudi Arabia anyway xD

Just read the Portugal manager is considering taking the captaincy off him due his poor attitude to getting subbed off in games. 

The guy is an absolute prick, I've lost all respect for him. Why can't he accept his decline and go out with dignity. He's obviously done the interview to force his way out of his contract in order to facilitate this Saudi move.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Just read the Portugal manager is considering taking the captaincy off him due his poor attitude to getting subbed off in games. 

The guy is an absolute prick, I've lost all respect for him. Why can't he accept his decline and go out with dignity. He's obviously done the interview to force his way out of his contract in order to facilitate this Saudi move.

He is tarnishing his legacy, isn't he?

For what's been a monumental career in being talented and successful through sheer determination, ambition and motivation, he hasn't half fucked all that up for his own ego and bank account.

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

He is tarnishing his legacy, isn't he?

For what's been a monumental career in being talented and successful through sheer determination, ambition and motivation, he hasn't half fucked all that up for his own ego and bank account.

If he had more grace about him then nobody would begrudge him the big money move to Saudi. 

But we've just had a 90 minute interview where he's destroyed his club his ex teammates and worst of all a manager who he barely knows. 

It's not like ETH didn't give him an opportunity to stake his claim to a starting role. He gave him every opportunity but if your not performing to the detriment of the team you shouldn't be expecting to play on reputation.

He thinks he should play every minute of every game and that's simply not acceptable.

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Don't know where you read that but it's 100% made up. Anyone believing that has no idea how much the manager and the whole federation bow down to Ronaldo.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Machado said:

Don't know where you read that but it's 100% made up. Anyone believing that has no idea how much the manager and the whole federation bow down to Ronaldo.

Portugal coach Fernando Santos says he "really didn't like" Cristiano Ronaldo's reaction to being substituted in the World Cup defeat by South Korea.

Ronaldo was taken off 65 minutes into their final group-stage defeat and has denied directing an outburst towards his coach.

Santos refused to comment on reports Ronaldo could be dropped for Tuesday's last-16 match with Switzerland.

"I am not worried if information is right or wrong," said Santos.

"I do not read this type of information. I am focused on my team. We are focusing on training and not paying attention to any polls [in the Portuguese media].

"Yes, I did not like it, not at all [Ronaldo's outburst]. I really did not like it and from that moment on that issue [it] is finished."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63789753

15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Portugal coach Fernando Santos says he "really didn't like" Cristiano Ronaldo's reaction to being substituted in the World Cup defeat by South Korea.

Ronaldo was taken off 65 minutes into their final group-stage defeat and has denied directing an outburst towards his coach.

Santos refused to comment on reports Ronaldo could be dropped for Tuesday's last-16 match with Switzerland.

"I am not worried if information is right or wrong," said Santos.

"I do not read this type of information. I am focused on my team. We are focusing on training and not paying attention to any polls [in the Portuguese media].

"Yes, I did not like it, not at all [Ronaldo's outburst]. I really did not like it and from that moment on that issue [it] is finished."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63789753

I saw the press conference but to believe he's getting some sort of punishment for what he said is naive.

He's still starting and getting at least 60 minutes of play. The reports of losing captaincy are nonsense too.

14 minutes ago, Machado said:

I saw the press conference but to believe he's getting some sort of punishment for what he said is naive.

He's still starting and getting at least 60 minutes of play. The reports of losing captaincy are nonsense too.

Well that's pathetic then, he's well off the pace in games and has a piss poor attitude towards anyone who questions his position on the field of play. 

Speaking as a fan of the club he's just done over with his baby like interview I can honestly say he's as finished as I've seen a pro and yet he still can't accept reduced playing time and being substituted. 

You can't tell me playing him in a third game in 10 days did him any long term favours during this World Cup. Why can't he accept to possibly be at his best for the knock outs he needs a rest?

All he cares about is himself. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Machado said:

Then just leave it at that buddy, once upon a time I would have rated Ronaldo over Messi any day, but Ronaldo throws too many dummies out of his pram than Messi has ever done, SAF made Ronaldo for what he is, Ronaldo did not do it by himself. :coffee:

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Cristiano Ronaldo Joins Al-Nassr on 2-Year Deal
42 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I mean if he stays the 2 years or where after that, I really thought he would go to America.

Why America? He's at the end of his career. I would have thought that a smart sporting move would be to go back to Portugal and play for one of the top 3 clubs there. He would still be idolised there and he would be able to play very well in the Portuguese League. Ronaldo is not as good as he was a few years ago, but he's still a very good player. Lets not forget he was Man United's leading scorer last season, where he bagged a total of 24 goals. Instead of opting to play in Portugal though, he's decided to go and play in Saudi Arabia, where he will no doubt be earning a bomb for 2 years.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Michael said:

Why America? He's at the end of his career. I would have thought that a smart sporting move would be to go back to Portugal and play for one of the top 3 clubs there. He would still be idolised there and he would be able to play very well in the Portuguese League. Ronaldo is not as good as he was a few years ago, but he's still a very good player. Lets not forget he was Man United's leading scorer last season, where he bagged a total of 24 goals. Instead of opting to play in Portugal though, he's decided to go and play in Saudi Arabia, where he will no doubt be earning a bomb for 2 years.

He could also earn a bomb in MLS, too. 

Archived