talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Euro 2022

football forum

• Administrator

200px-UEFA_Women's_Euro_2022_logo.svg.pn

Venues - Old Trafford, Leigh Sports Village, Etihad Academy Stadium, New York Stadium, Stadium MK, Falmer Stadium, Brentford Community Stadium, Bramall Lane, St Mary's Stadium, Wembley (Final). 

Dates - 6th-31st July

Group A
England 
Austria
Norway
Northern Ireland

Group B
Germany
Denmark
Spain
Finland

Group C
Netherlands
Sweden
Switzerland
Portugal

Group D
France
Italy
Belgium
Iceland

Quarter-Finals - 20-23rd July

Semi-Finals - 26-27th July

FINAL - 31st July

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, really enjoyable game. Could have won this by an even higher margin, as they hit the woodwork 3-4 times. Fantastic performance to start into the tournament, they were relentless! I knew Alexander Popp would score when she was subbed on, and in the end she did score the 4-0!  Lina Magull was the player of the match for me. 

Huge result! Spain was all possession and fancy passing with no real effectiveness. Our goalkeeper Merle Frohms had to make one crucial save, the rest was harmless. Plus Spain should have had a red card as their defender clearly pulled Alexandra Popp's shirt when she was through on goal. Fantastic defending, and clinical finishing. Granted Spain's keeper really gifted us the 1-0. 

I didn't expect this result against Spain at all. 

as a northern ireland fan I watched the women's European match tonight and I can honestly say I've watched better under 16's games in a local league.... just awful. 

I'm not being sexist or mysogenist, the standard was simply terrible. 

am I alone? 

Yesssssssssss! 

Really tough game. A bit lucky that Austria hit the woodwork three times (2 posts, 1 crossbar), but we hit the crossbar once as well. All in all a great performance again, with some shaky moments

Lena Oberdorf and Klara Bühl were the best players on the pitch for me, even though the latter missed a sitter before she was substituted. 

Oh and Alex Popp's fourth goal in the fourth game. And a cheeky one this time as well. She blocked a pass from Austria's keeper that then went in. 

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Are you feeling confident that you will beat your southern neighbours this evening? 

I was yes, but in the end it was a lot tougher than I hoped for. Had sweaty palms throughout the match. xD

14 hours ago, Stan said:

England vs Germany final? 

That'd be amazing, but I think France will be a tough opponent. Well, if they beat Netherlands tonight, which I think they will. 

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yesssssssssss! 

Really tough game. A bit lucky that Austria hit the woodwork three times (2 posts, 1 crossbar), but we hit the crossbar once as well. All in all a great performance again, with some shaky moments

Lena Oberdorf and Klara Bühl were the best players on the pitch for me, even though the latter missed a sitter before she was substituted. 

Oh and Alex Popp's fourth goal in the fourth game. And a cheeky one this time as well. She blocked a pass from Austria's keeper that then went in. 

I was yes, but in the end it was a lot tougher than I hoped for. Had sweaty palms throughout the match. xD

Well I thought the Germans were very efficient and they look like they can seriously win the whole competition. They really impressed me in the group stages.

I have seen several games in these Euros and I have watched all of the knockout games so far. But I haven't watched Sweden or Belgium, the two competitors in today's quarter final before. It seems like Sweden are the heavy favourite in todays game, are they a much better team than Belgium?

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

That'd be amazing, but I think France will be a tough opponent. Well, if they beat Netherlands tonight, which I think they will. 

France are playing the Netherlands tomorrow night. 😉 It should be another entertaining game as a lot of these matches have been so far.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived