• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Euro 2022

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Tommy said:

So we will face France who beat the Netherlands. Luckily they needed extra time, so hopefully they'll be a bit tired against us. :ph34r:

My money is on the Germans to beat the French. As you said, they will probably be tired from their long match against the Netherlands and will have had fewer days rest when they meet the Germans. The German team seem to be very efficient as well, which shouldn't be surprising really.

I hope Alexandra Popp wins the top goalscorer award. She's 31, plays for the national team since 2010, and this is only her first Euro because she was always very unlucky with injuries. 

Can't quite decide what it is exactly that makes women's football seem so different to watch. I think it must just be that at the elite level women athletes just are that bit slower, less powerful, etc than men. And it does often feel noticeable.

Sweden should have been ahead when England scored the 1st. But in the 2nd half England dominated the game.

At my stage of life (old even if I was a goalkeeper..) I'll take any England football team winning any tournament.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I know women's goalkeepers aren't known for being good but the Swedish keeper was embarrassingly bad.

I will no doubt get shot down for saying this but the easiest way to improve the women's game is to adapt the pitch to suit their needs. Women naturally have less power and strength. 

• Making the pitch smaller. Close up the game, to make it more technical. Also gives the keepers a better chance to kick the ball further up the field.
  • Make the nets slightly smaller. The keepers are naturally smaller and less commanding, give them more of a chance.

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

I will no doubt get shot down for saying this but the easiest way to improve the women's game is to adapt the pitch to suit their needs. Women naturally have less power and strength. 

• Making the pitch smaller. Close up the game, to make it more technical. Also gives the keepers a better chance to kick the ball further up the field.
  • Make the nets slightly smaller. The keepers are naturally smaller and less commanding, give them more of a chance.

So you want to improve women's football by making it a sport that isn't football? Well, at least you didn't suggest they shoulfd adapt the rules, trainings methods and scoring system of rhythmic sports gymnystic.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

So you want to improve women's football by making it a sport that isn't football? Well, at least you didn't suggest they shoulfd adapt the rules, trainings methods and scoring system of rhythmic sports gymnystic.

No the game stays the same but it's adapted to suit them better. It's clear there are issues with the keepers so why not try and help them and in turn help the women's game. How is that changing it from football?

Not sure why you run off with yourself with silly suggestions of scoring systems. 

I'm not lying here, but in all of the Euro games from Germany so far, I felt really entertained. Not once did I feel bored or felt like it lacks something. Quite the opposite. There were no silly dives or theatrical antics. 

28 minutes ago, Devil said:

No the game stays the same but it's adapted to suit them better. It's clear there are issues with the keepers so why not try and help them and in turn help the women's game. How is that changing it from football?

Not sure why you run off with yourself with silly suggestions of scoring systems. 

Wll according to FIFA rules a goal has to be a height of 2.44 mand a width of 7.32 m. So a smaller goal was against the football rules, which in turn means a game with smaller goals would be no football.

If you're willingly change the game you may as well change the scoring system by the same logic, since it game played would be no football anyway. By the way, men trying to improve the women's game is patronizing in itself, in my honest opinion.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived