talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Euro 2022

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic refereeing and time-wasting antics from England. They wasted the last 15 minutes,  but there were only 2 minutes added time?

What a shame, but still a great tournament from us, where nobody expected us to get far. 

A hard fought final, not much between these two sides, but England's determination has won them the Euros! Well done to the ladies. I feel sorry for the German team though, they look distraught. Entertaining match though and both sides must be knackered after that extra time. Well done England.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Pathetic refereeing and time-wasting antics from England. They wasted the last 15 minutes,  but there were only 2 minutes added time?

What a shame, but still a great tournament from us, where nobody expected us to get far. 

Literally the standard for every single game. Definitely won't change for a final when a team is one up... 

Thought we got a result with Popp pullng up in the warm up.

First half England better with strangely limp German pressing.

Second half Germany better yet both team score and good goals too.

England's subs in extra time made the difference, didn't like the time wasting from England at the end yet guess they had their reasons. 

Amazing! We have just seen an England national side win a major tournament!

Hemp, White & Mead have been a brilliant front 3.

Russo, Kelly & Scott all did well as quite regular subs on, regardless of the critics..

Tough on Germany missing their main striker, but 8 times vs this 1!

The England men simply have to bring something home now..

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Also a clear penalty was not given. :( 

4b96f06e45ade1c067f743eeb7b705af,216501a

Pretty sure that bounced up off another part of her body so shouldn't be given under those rules. Arm is in an unnatural position. 

Unlucky for the Germans that Popp was ruled out of this final, but they played well, especially in that 2nd half. However, the England side, inspired by their Dutch manager Sarina Wiegman, looked like they would die for the win this evening. I never like time wasting antics, whether it's in mens or womens football, but I just think in a game of this magnitude, England were always likely to resort to that in the dying minutes, after they regained the lead in extra time. More than 87,000 people were in attendance at Wembley, which is incredible for the women's game. 

4 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Amazing! We have just seen an England national side win a major tournament!

Hemp, White & Mead have been a brilliant front 3.

Russo, Kelly & Scott all did well as quite regular subs on, regardless of the critics..

Tough on Germany missing their main striker, but 8 times vs this 1!

I think Troone deserves a mention too after scoring two from the bench in this competition.

Felt the team as a unit worked for each other remember I think in extra time I was amazed to see Hemp as the last player back throwing in a block to stop a German cross. 

6 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I've seen others online say this, and my question is: Why? 

Why does the Womens team, who were big favorites to go deep in this tournament affect the mens team in any way shape or form, or put any pressure on them to become something they're not? 

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Why does the Womens team, who were big favorites to go deep in this tournament affect the mens team in any way shape or form, or put any pressure on them to become something they're not? 

You can bet most of the England team would have watched and then thought why can't we do that?

However the woman's game is much younger than the men's game yet for sure will become more competitive over time.

Another question is as there is a similarity both soccer trophy victories, both won at home and both won against Germany.

Does that mean the Lionesses are going to have to wait a long time for more major trophy success? 

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This is the type of logic that almost always comes from someone who doesn’t watch football but gets swept up in the tournament.

Tweets online comparing Wembley pre-match for this final vs Wembley for the mens to get likes for saying “why can’t the men behave like this bla bla bla”. Not enjoying yesterday for what it was, but for the point scoring you can do on social media.

56 minutes ago, Danny said:

This is the type of logic that almost always comes from someone who doesn’t watch football but gets swept up in the tournament.

Tweets online comparing Wembley pre-match for this final vs Wembley for the mens to get likes for saying “why can’t the men behave like this bla bla bla”. Not enjoying yesterday for what it was, but for the point scoring you can do on social media.

Noticeable there’s no “why don’t they learn from the men” or “this is what’s wrong with the mens game” comments when it comes to the absolute shithousery of England in that final 10 minutes 😂

21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Noticeable there’s no “why don’t they learn from the men” or “this is what’s wrong with the mens game” comments when it comes to the absolute shithousery of England in that final 10 minutes 😂

Honestly it’s the same people every tournament regardless of men or women, “I don’t normally like football but I just really like the group of lads this year they’re so likeable, sorts of boys you’d want your daughter to bring home”.

I wish they’d just watch Rugby Union instead, if ever there was a sport that loves a good eulogising over how better they are than everybody else.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived