• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Euro 2022

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I've seen others online say this, and my question is: Why? 

Why does the Womens team, who were big favorites to go deep in this tournament affect the mens team in any way shape or form, or put any pressure on them to become something they're not? 

The women's team were ranked 8th. Behind Sweden & Germany. They seemed no more favourites than Southgates side in their Euro's.

It has felt noticeable to me that a mens England side, which has felt quite average, suddenly got to a World Cup semi & Euro final. After Wales had been to a Euro semi & England women were racking up semis.

I wasn't actually suggesting pressure. More inspirational one-ups-manship is what I'm hoping for. Sportsmen would understand..

England are contenders for the next World Cup. Just location is not ideal. And I don't think they will win.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 22:13, MUFC said:

This has been completely missentipreted I would imagine. Generally when people say things like this they are referring to the system and saying that not enough black and ethnic minority players are getting though because of systematic racism. They weren't saying serena should pick a black player just to make the team more diverse. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived