The better place to talk football.

Gaffr 2022-23 - Championship Fantasy League

football forum

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/07/2022 at 19:38, Lucas said:

Joined.

Found it actually quite hard to pick the team this year but sure I'll give it another scan before it kicks off.

Yeah I'm going to analyse it more on Thursday. I like that its teams like Reading who you don't want to touch have the easiest fixtures. I wanted both Boro wing backs until the fixture list came out.

Unlike FPL where you go three Liverpool, three Man City and then fit in Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea around it.

• 2 weeks later...

My troops for the start.

Stuck on the keeper but thought Preston seem to keep clean sheets ok.

Gone with the main 4 defenders for assist potential and went with Rashica over Swift just on a hunch.

Really wanted a stronger third forward to be frank but funds limited me to Godden. Nearly went Stewert from Sunderland.

Let's see eh. Pukki captain for what will probably be about 36 weeks of the season 😄

Screenshot_20220729-185557_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220729-181125_Samsung Internet.jpg

If that useless shower Reading are ever to keep clean sheets this season I'd fancy them to do it in there first couple of games.

The wing backs even at 6.5 were the first people I looked at. I would have added Isiah Jones too had it not been for Middlesbrough's opening fixtures. I did have Maatsen but bottled it thinking he wouldn't start tonight.

Rachica is a gamble but more of a place holder so I can switch to Swift, Wallace, Fleming etc if they bang early.

The front three have never been in doubt for me unless O'Hare leaves Coventry then I may look at Weimann or someone else that starts sharp.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wrong side of all the 50/50 calls this weekend with Jones/Giles, Roberts/Maatsen and Piroe/Weimann. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Godden/Gyokeres was my main regret this week. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wrong side of all the 50/50 calls this weekend with Jones/Giles, Roberts/Maatsen and Piroe/Weimann. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Hard lines.

Mind you, try having Charlie Cresswell in your team then transfer him out on the Friday for Tymon from Stoke.

That one will haunt me all season.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

This is why I didn't make the FPL code public 😂

That's some serious skills to randomly find our league unless they are forum lurkers not registered.

Get them gone xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived