talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anthony Gordon - Newcastle Get Ripped off For Average Everton Winger

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how are Chelsea affording 40m for Gordon on top of the 170m they have dropped excluding any possible offer for Leao as well?

FFP is designed to keep the haves in power rotating door of players to keep under financials based on no guarantees.   

you need to spend to be successful and build a marketable image so FFP really keeps other teams down or they just gamble like Forest have with the likelihood of future tears to come.

until Chelsea, Barcelona, City, Juve etc are regulated there is no FFP

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mad. No other way to put it. 

How much money do Chelsea actually have to spend? Is there even a budget? Or is this Boehly just flexing his financial muscles and making statements to the rest of the PL? Are Chelsea not affected by FFP, either PL rules or UEFA rules? 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

How much money do Chelsea actually have to spend? Is there even a budget? Or is this Boehly just flexing his financial muscles and making statements to the rest of the PL? Are Chelsea not affected by FFP, either PL rules or UEFA rules? 

New FFP rules have been set in place since June, and UEFA are allowing a grace period of 3 years for clubs to meet it.

Clubs need to generate 70% of revenue from the total expenditure of transfers and agent fees.

Now if we were to spend £200m this year, it wouldn't mean the club would need to generate £140m in revenue. It only takes the amortization of the players' transfer and contract length. So if we signed 4 players all worth £50m and on 4 year contracts, our expenditure for that year would be £50m, and we would need to generate revenue of £35m for that year. 

Everton could buy 3 solid players for Gordon, that makes a world of difference to them if invested wisely.

If I was Lampard I'd be sending the fax/email reply back myself.

Chelsea have completely lost their shit.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, 6666 said:

What is happening? Why Gordon? What has he done that has made Chelsea desperate to sign him? Not saying he'd be bad for Chelsea but I don't get this at all.

English and a high potential bar? It's getting bonkers now. We've apparently rejected the touted 50m + 10m bid. I think it's fair to say that the powers that be at both Chelsea and Everton are seeing something that the majority of us don't see.

I read a rumour that Everton are interested in Almiron,  though our condition is that it is a permanent transfer.   They did approach us in June about a move for Almiron so there is some meat on the bone.   The only way we sell Almiron is if we are anticipating moves. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If everton sell him they may be gambling their premier league status on that.   To find a suitable replacement at zero hour without overpaying again will be tough.   Holding out to January is a major risk to take.

I really doubt Anthony Gordon is the diving line between relegation and survival. 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

I really doubt Anthony Gordon is the diving line between relegation and survival. 

Honestly without him and Richarlison that's a lot of their creativity gone. He doesn't really have much in the way of end product, but he is a player that gives them some drive - which was especially noticeable when Everton were seriously lacking in drive last season.

I still think it's a weird signing for Chelsea, it's a lot of money for someone pretty undeveloped and unproven.

• The title was changed to Anthony Gordon - Newcastle Get Ripped off For Average Everton Winger

Archived