talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anthony Gordon - Newcastle Get Ripped off For Average Everton Winger

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

It's a strange signing in some ways but then his stock probably won't drop below £20m even if he can't get in the team.

he will go straight in, we have Joelinton and Willock alternating there, what it will mean is that we will have more midfield depth on the bench as one of Willock or Longstaff will be on the bench.  

20 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he will go straight in, we have Joelinton and Willock alternating there, what it will mean is that we will have more midfield depth on the bench as one of Willock or Longstaff will be on the bench.  

Those two are alternating there by Howe's choice. Saint-Maximin has been sitting on the bench for a while now. I'd find it odd for an out of form Gordon to go straight into the team. The only player he should start ahead of is Jacob Murphy's weekly 15 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Regardless of whether he delivers or not at Newcastle, getting £40m for a player who has offered us very little this season is a great bit of business.

Pressure on the club now to reinvest wisely.

seems like you are spunking down 25m for Hakim Ziyech What The F GIFs | Tenor

15 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Those two are alternating there by Howe's choice. Saint-Maximin has been sitting on the bench for a while now. I'd find it odd for an out of form Gordon to go straight into the team. The only player he should start ahead of is Jacob Murphy's weekly 15 minutes. 

He leads Everton players in pressures per defensive action,  pressures in the opponent third,  chances created,  shots on target.    If we are pursuing Maddison again there is a very high chance St Maximin is going to Milan. 

29 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

He leads Everton players in pressures per defensive action,  pressures in the opponent third,  chances created,  shots on target.    If we are pursuing Maddison again there is a very high chance St Maximin is going to Milan. 

If he was doing so well he wouldn't have lost his place in the team before the world cup. I understand his qualities and how they may suit us but I don't see how he can immediately come in ahead of Willock.

22 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

If he was doing so well he wouldn't have lost his place in the team before the world cup. I understand his qualities and how they may suit us but I don't see how he can immediately come in ahead of Willock.

I'm pretty sure there was stuff behind the scenes, things got bitter fast.

25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You'd think he was a defender.

Everton are 4th worst in xG and second worst in xGA, that would probably explain why.   When your team can't get the ball out of defense because they play with 7 or 8 behind the ball you get this.   It reminds me of Steve Bruceball. 

• The title was changed to Anthony Gordon - Newcastle Get Ripped off For Average Everton Winger

Archived