talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anthony Gordon - Newcastle Get Ripped off For Average Everton Winger

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Sounds like he's been a right little tit behind the scenes as well. Conor Coady allegedly had words with him to give his head a wobble and he told Lampard he didn't want to travel with the squad to West Ham. Then the three days of missed training without permission.

I don't care if he turns out to be world class. You hope for his sake that it's more of a case of being poorly advised than him being such a rotten egg because it's just the behaviour of a bellend. You don't get to make the teary-eyed farewells and thank yous after behaving that way, you can fuck right off lad.

The club's statement on his departure was pointedly brief, factual and didn't include a single kind word. Definitely left a sour taste in the mouth the way he's handled this saga. Like I said earlier, if I was a Newcastle fan, regardless of the fact you can twist it to say look how much he wants to come and play for us, I'd have concerns about the lad's attitude in light of how this has all come about. Fresh start for him though so maybe he'll make the most of it.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds like he's been a right little tit behind the scenes as well. Conor Coady allegedly had words with him to give his head a wobble and he told Lampard he didn't want to travel with the squad to West Ham. Then the three days of missed training without permission.

I don't care if he turns out to be world class. You hope for his sake that it's more of a case of being poorly advised than him being such a rotten egg because it's just the behaviour of a bellend. You don't get to make the teary-eyed farewells and thank yous after behaving that way, you can fuck right off lad.

The club's statement on his departure was pointedly brief, factual and didn't include a single kind word. Definitely left a sour taste in the mouth the way he's handled this saga. Like I said earlier, if I was a Newcastle fan, regardless of the fact you can twist it to say look how much he wants to come and play for us, I'd have concerns about the lad's attitude in light of how this has all come about. Fresh start for him though so maybe he'll make the most of it.

I do think it's a shame that some players do that... I mean be professional about it, sure there is interest in you from other clubs but you are already tied to Everton and you still have a job to do and games to play, all that not turning up for training is just poor, better to leave with a clean slate than under a cloud.. Don't think anyone would have blamed him for taking a new opportunity elsewhere given everything that's going on at Everton this season but being difficult is not going to win anyone over is it.. 

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We will judge him based on performance,  the situation at Everton is not dissimilar to the issues we had with Mike Ashley for years and we know certain players mentally are not capable of dealing with it that well.    I do however think Everton lumping all their hopes on Gordon,  leaving him isolated  then Lampard using him as a scapegoat is the catalyst to that relationship falling apart.

If he comes in,  works his arse off and grows as a player then we won't really care what happened at Everton. 

This video kind of shows why Gordon was almost perfect in our current shape.   In defense Burn plays as a LCB in a back three with the winger coming back into a WB role in defense,  the issue is Joelinton and Willock are not that good in transition while Gordon is much better due to his pace as shown against Liverpool last year when he skinned Salah and TAA.    Until we get a proper LB,  Gordon improves our balance as Joelinton, Willock and or Longstaff are nice tall players in the low block when in defense.  

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We will judge him based on performance,  the situation at Everton is not dissimilar to the issues we had with Mike Ashley for years and we know certain players mentally are not capable of dealing with it that well.    I do however think Everton lumping all their hopes on Gordon,  leaving him isolated  then Lampard using him as a scapegoat is the catalyst to that relationship falling apart.

If he comes in,  works his arse off and grows as a player then we won't really care what happened at Everton. 

Lampard didn't make him a scapegoat. You keep making half a fair point and then just making up a bit of nonsense to fit what you want to believe.

Gordon's relationship with the fans has fallen down because his attitude has been shite for most of the season since he had his head turned but wasn't allowed to leave. If anything, Lampard went out of his way to protect Gordon from the negative press and to my knowledge never said a negative word about the lad in public even to the point where he asked not to come and help the team in the away game at West Ham.

A few drunk nobheads chasing the car down after the Southampton game where his lazy, petulant error on the pitch cost us a vital game can't be excused but aside from that, the relationship breakdown is of his own making. Time will tell whether it's a defect in his character or born out of circumstances at Everton.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Lampard didn't make him a scapegoat. You keep making half a fair point and then just making up a bit of nonsense to fit what you want to believe.

Gordon's relationship with the fans has fallen down because his attitude has been shite for most of the season since he had his head turned but wasn't allowed to leave. If anything, Lampard went out of his way to protect Gordon from the negative press and to my knowledge never said a negative word about the lad in public even to the point where he asked not to come and help the team in the away game at West Ham.

A few drunk nobheads chasing the car down after the Southampton game where his lazy, petulant error on the pitch cost us a vital game can't be excused but aside from that, the relationship breakdown is of his own making. Time will tell whether it's a defect in his character or born out of circumstances at Everton.

he will be judged on his performances.  he will be in a better environment and maybe leaving Liverpool is better for him as a person, he will need to get out of his comfort zone and grow

• Administrator
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he will be judged on his performances.  he will be in a better environment and maybe leaving Liverpool is better for him as a person, he will need to get out of his comfort zone and grow

You seem to constantly know what is best for every single player xD

On 30/01/2023 at 09:22, Bluewolf said:

I do think it's a shame that some players do that... I mean be professional about it, sure there is interest in you from other clubs but you are already tied to Everton and you still have a job to do and games to play, all that not turning up for training is just poor, better to leave with a clean slate than under a cloud.. Don't think anyone would have blamed him for taking a new opportunity elsewhere given everything that's going on at Everton this season but being difficult is not going to win anyone over is it.. 

Especially when they do it for "their" team.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived