talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carlos Corberán Quits Huddersfield Town; Danny Schofield Sacked After 9 Games

Announcement imminent.

A 'difference in club vision' is the speculated reason. He's not got another job lined up elsewhere.

I expect David Wagner and Duncan Ferguson to be the bookies favourites to take over. I'd personally like to see them take a chance on Gareth Ainsworth.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Carlos Corberán Quits Huddersfield Town

I was shocked when I heard this morning however, I do wonder if this is heavily linked to the rumours they are selling the two best players, Lewis O'Brien and Harry Toffolo to Forest.

Something has definitely happened to trigger this. You don't just wait till July then a few weeks before the start, walk away.

Maybe he has got an offer from somewhere else, but when he was with is as a youth coach, I can only speak highly of him. It smells like they have let him down in some way.

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

I was shocked when I heard this morning however, I do wonder if this is heavily linked to the rumours they are selling the two best players, Lewis O'Brien and Harry Toffolo to Forest.

Something has definitely happened to trigger this. You don't just wait till July then a few weeks before the start, walk away.

Maybe he has got an offer from somewhere else, but when he was with is as a youth coach, I can only speak highly of him. It smells like they have let him down in some way.

Rumor going around Twitter that he's coming back to Leeds to work with Marsch.  Surely not?

1 hour ago, Coma said:

Rumor going around Twitter that he's coming back to Leeds to work with Marsch.  Surely not?

I mean, I would be surprised because he took the positive step into management and to take a back step as a coach under Marsch would be odd. I'd also find it odd if Marsch wanted that.

However, if true, it shows that the club really valued his input when he was a youth coach and perhaps have a plan to see him be an eventual successor to Marsch.

Guess we'll see.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Danny Schofield: Huddersfield Town sack head coach after nine games

Huddersfield Town have sacked head coach Danny Schofield after just one win from his nine games in charge.

Schofield was promoted from the coaching staff after his predecessor Carlos Corberan resigned in July.

The Terriers finished third in the Championship last season and were beaten in the play-off final by Nottingham Forest.

However, they lost seven of Schofield's nine matches and are 23rd, already five points adrift of safety.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62901280

• The title was changed to Carlos Corberán Quits Huddersfield Town; Danny Schofield Sacked After 9 Games

Archived