talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lucas Paqueta - West Ham Complete Signing

• The title was changed to Lucas Paqueta - Arsenal Linked After Player's Transfer Request
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paquetá is the perfect Klopp midfielder. Despite being more of an attacking midfielder, he really works hard defensively. His game has a lot of intensity and at his best, he is one of most entertaining players in world football. He is inconsistent though, perhaps because his playing style demands so  much energy. 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

West Ham on the verge of completing a deal worth 40m euros according to Ornstein. 😮

Great signing if true. Paqueta has turned into a great player after failing at Milan.

• The title was changed to Lucas Paqueta - West Ham Agree Deal
On 11/07/2022 at 21:08, El Profesor said:

Paquetá is the perfect Klopp midfielder. Despite being more of an attacking midfielder, he really works hard defensively. His game has a lot of intensity and at his best, he is one of most entertaining players in world football. He is inconsistent though, perhaps because his playing style demands so  much energy. 

We don’t need him. Klopp said our issues will be fixed within the current squad 🙄

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So in a matter of weeks Klopp has gone from saying we will wait for the right midfielder and not panic buy, to saying we need a midfielder? 

According to this, he's felt there's more than just one midfielder that would be a good fit for us (which is true, I think it's insane to think only Bellingham can improve our midfield): https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-midfield-problems-transfers-klopp-27811806

The Mirror is usually shit, but Maddock's pretty reliable for us.

The problem seems to be FSG seem to have said no new signings this season unless someone else goes, so we'd have to get Dortmund to agree to take an often injured Keita. I don't think Keita's going to leave, he's just going to keep being constantly injured and unavailable and needing a run of games to get back into form, get into form... and then rinse and repeat.

I think if FSG are so obsessed with net spend, they should at least be looking at loan options so we can get someone in before it fully spoils the season. Because these injury problems with our injury prone players aren't going to stop and are likely going to continue to be a problem for us in this condensed season.

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

See if it happens then. 

We have to get someone to agree to buy Keita for it to happen, it looks like. Because FSG want to seem ambitious, but they also don't want us to have too negative of a net spend despite years of making them good money because... idk pure capitalism I suppose.

Seems a bit stupid though, Klopp had decent depth last season and we got lucky with injuries compared to the season before, and we were able to challenge on 4 fronts. Without depth and we struggled to get CL the year before - we only came 3rd because: 1.) hilarious capitulation by the teams we were competing against, 2.) miracle run of form which also included Alisson scoring a late winner.

Considering Klopp has a net spend of like 150m over a 7 year period, I think these owners need to stop being cunts and put up the money to help this team. If the injury crisis two seasons ago wasn’t enough to give them a boot up the arse I don’t know what is. 

Best manager in decades, best squad in decades. This team should be a dynasty, but instead it’ll likely end up not having won as much as it could have because we have a bunch of absolute tight bastards as owners. 

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So in a matter of weeks Klopp has gone from saying we will wait for the right midfielder and not panic buy, to saying we need a midfielder? 

Turns out we were all right and @LFCMadLad was wrong :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Rick said:

We don’t need him. Klopp said our issues will be fixed within the current squad 🙄

FSG sucks so much. They have the best coach in the world and instead of suportting him and giving the squad he deserves to build a winning era, they save money. 

They did the same thing with the Red Sox, they traded away a generational talent in Mookie Betts for peanuts. 

I remember Klopp being interested in bringing Paquetá in 2018. It would have been a perfect fit. A shame he went to Milan.

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

FSG sucks so much. They have the best coach in the world and instead of suportting him and giving the squad he deserves to build a winning era, they save money. 

They did the same thing with the Red Sox, they traded away a generational talent in Mookie Betts for peanuts. 

I remember Klopp being interested in bringing Paquetá in 2018. It would have been a perfect fit. A shame he went to Milan.

To be fair Mookie Betts was reaching free agency and the Redsox would never be able to afford him with payroll congestion.   Getting Verdugo is better than nothing. 

• The title was changed to Lucas Paqueta - West Ham Complete Signing

Archived