The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter - 2022/23

football forum

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

MIDWEEK
Just three games in midweek so let's see what happened and what it means for our gloryhunters!

image.png

@DeadLinesman starts his season off with a 3-0 win with Juventus and 3 points. It's time to pack my bags again as this time I move to Barrow after Walsall let me down. Lubeck won again with a 4-1 win so @nudge notches another 3 points for the third game in a row.

Deadlinesman sits in 10th place, I remain in the top 5, and nudge is 3rd on goal difference.

image.png

Looking forward to a weekend full of action! 

image.png

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The only person with no points.... :o

Well that's going to change now... B|

All shall fall before me.. 

Coming Through Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

I can't wait to join you on your journey!

• Subscriber

WEEKEND RESULTS
Everyone in action once again besides @DeadLinesman who likes to play his matches on a Monday it seems :D And for the first time this season, nobody lost!

image.png

@Coma and @Tommy carry on their good form as they both win, with Darmstadt winning 2-1, and Hannover hitting 4 goals past Magdeburg with no reply. Both players remain in the top 3 as a result! There was also a win for me, my first in a league game so far, as Barrow won 1-0. Another 3 goals in the league and another 3 points for Arsenal was good news for @ToinhoTwo games down and two wins for @Beelzebub and Osasuna with Real Betis their next opposition. There were NINE goals shared in a 7-2 win for @Rucksackfranzose with Paderborn - a good one to boost the goal difference. Karlsruher understood the assignment too as they contributed 6 goals in a 6-0 win for @Mel81x and 3 points which bumped them into second place on goal difference. @Lucas picks up 3 points with a 1-0 Spurs win and a first win of the Gloryhunter season for him. It was a good decision for @CaaC (John) and @RandoEFC to stick with Leeds as they beat Chelsea 3-0 with an EFL Cup tie with Barnsley next on the agenda.

Lazio only managed a 0-0 draw over Torino which leaves @Dr. Gonzo with a choice between the two teams. @Bluewolf would have been hopeful of a win with Manchester City to take them off the bottom of the table but they themselves were held to a draw by @Stan's Newcastle, with both players able to switch clubs if they so wish. Heidenheim also drew so will @Viva la FCB stick with them, or move to Arminia? Also drawing their game was @nudge who was enjoying a good spell with Lubeck - is this the end, or will they stick?

FUN FACT: Manchester City have played 50 games in Gloryhunter over the 4 seasons so far and the 3-3 draw against Newcastle was only their second draw in that time.

image.png

All in all a good round for all, let's hope the next set of fixtures provide as much luck!

image.png

A note about the 'groups' that were mentioned in the original post; we're not doing that now as it was too complicated and was going to take far too much time to sort out each week and we don't want to risk over-complicated the game and ruining it.

2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I thought he'd stick with Newcastle so he got an extra game in the EFL Cup. 

Clearly he weighed his options and recognized that City running away with the title was the much better path to victory.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I thought he'd stick with Newcastle so he got an extra game in the EFL Cup. 

48 minutes ago, Coma said:

Clearly he weighed his options and recognized that City running away with the title was the much better path to victory.

It's the name of the game! 

• Administrator

Excellent. I'm honoured to be with @Bluewolf on our quest to glory.

In saying that, it's a double-whammy for me knowing that if we stay together til the end, it is impossible he can finish above me.

dr-evil-evil-laugh.gif

• Subscriber

RESULTS
A weekend of some BIG scores with Liverpool hitting 9 past Bournemouth, Celtic also hitting 9 past Dundee United... but no such high scores in Gloryhunter this week, although there was one 4-2 result.

image.png

@Beelzebub moves to Real Betis but faces Real Madrid next time out. A good start with Leeds for @CaaC (John) ends, alongside @RandoEFC, after Leeds lost 1-0 to their new team, Brighton.

@Coma and @Viva la FCB have a decision to make as Darmstadt and Heidenheim drew their game - will they stick with their original teams or move? I've decided to stay put at Lincoln although it pains me to do so. Juventus drew for the second game in a row so will @DeadLinesman stay faithful or jump ship; he'll have to be quick if he wants to change to Roma though as they play tonight. After the big score last week, @Rucksackfranzose's Paderborn also drew so what will Ruck decide to do?

Lazio beat Inter 3-1 so @Dr. Gonzo stays put in Rome. @Toinho stays at Arsenal after another win. 8 goals from 2 games for @Mel81x and Karlsruher, how long will it last?! @Bluewolf needed @Stan's help to get their first 3 points of the season but still remains bottom of the table. @Tommy remains top after a win with Hannover made sure he clung on. Lubeck carry on a good run of form for @nudge with another win and Phonix Lubeck the next opposition. And finally, it was a win for @Lucas with Tottenham over Forest, and he jumps up a few places in the table as a result.

image.png

Still quite a lot of fluctuation in terms of games played, and two players remain unbeaten!

Here are the next set of fixtures, good luck!

image.png

• The topic was unpinned

Archived