talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter - 2022/23

football forum

• Subscriber

WEEKEND RESULTS
As Stan mentioned a few posts up, this is the biggest weekend update (not including the ones where I forgot to do it) we've had to do for a while with everybody in action for the first time since before the World Cup.

image.png

Starting with Friday's sole game, and @DeadLinesman's Nice won 3-0 to make it 2 in 2 for him as he chases @Dr. Gonzo at the top of the table. However, @Dr. Gonzo also won so that keeps the gap how it was. It wasn't the only 3-0 win of the weekend either with @nudge's Bayern winning by that same margin against Bochum. @Lucas chose to remain with Manchester United and it paid off with a 2-0 win over Leeds. There were also wins for myself, @Coma and @CaaC (John) & @RandoEFC.

@Stan could only manage a draw with Newcastle so can move to Bournemouth if he so wishes. It was also a draw in the A23 derby between Palace and Brighton so @Bluewolf has a pick between there too.

RB Leipzig fell to defeat at home to Union Berlin so @Beelzebub and @Mel81x board the coach back with the away team. A swap of dressing rooms is in order for @Toinho as Mallorca lost away to Sevilla. Bottom of the table @Rucksackfranzose now hasn't won a game since 6th November 2022 after Bologna lost to Monza. @Viva la FCB also lost in his first game with new team Frankfurt and now wears the colours of FC Koln. @Tommy also moves, this time to St Pauli.

image.png

We're back into the European competitions now too with the Champions League, Europa League and Conference League all returning. We love a chance to see people flying between countries!

image.png

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

RESULTS

image.png

A mixture of last week's midweek games and the weekend results in this one. @Lucas - Manchester United and Barcelona drew so I've kept you with United but both United and Barca won at the weekend anyway so the result would be the same anyway. Plus, you want to be with United to hopefully with the Carabao Cup - surely? ;) 

2 wins for Dortmund since the last results post means @Coma picks up 6 points. As mentioned above, Manchester United drew in Europe but then won 3-0 against Leicester which means that Lucas and @Dr. Gonzo join forces after Gonzo was with Leicester. Just the second leg to go against Barcelona and if they can get through, they will have a shot at the Carabao Cup when United face Newcastle next weekend. @Stan doesn't get a shot at the Carabao Cup anymore as Newcastle lost out to Liverpool in the league. @Tommy picked up a win with St Pauli. It's now 5 wins in 5 for Porto and @CaaC (John) and @RandoEFC but they face Inter next.

It was a 0-0 draw for @DeadLinesman as Nice and Reims couldn't be separated.

Is @Rucksackfranzose's luck be about to change? He's just lost another game at the weekend as Monza lost to AC Milan but will AC Milan be the team to turn it around for him? A 3-0 loss for @Viva la FCB means he's on his way to Stuttgart and hopefully have some better luck after a second 3-0 defeat in a row. Another loss for me means I tick off yet another League Two team on the list. And finally, @nudge has lost with Bayern so now moves to Monchengladbach.

image.png

And here are the fixtures

image.png

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Pyfish You apparentely forgot  to count @Mel81x and @Beelzebub's 2 points they made with the two draws Union Berlin played at Ajax in the Europa and at home to Schalke in the Buli.:)

image.png

Updated it now!

@Beelzebub and @Mel81x - Same applies to you as it did with Lucas - if you wanted that move to Ajax from the first fixture, I can go back and change it, if not, you'll just need to pick between Union Berlin and Schalke for the next game.

image.png

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

image.png

Updated it now!

@Beelzebub and @Mel81x - Same applies to you as it did with Lucas - if you wanted that move to Ajax from the first fixture, I can go back and change it, if not, you'll just need to pick between Union Berlin and Schalke for the next game.

image.png

I'll stick with Union Berlin. Might be popping champagne at the end of the season even if I don't end up at the top of this list.

• Subscriber

RESULTS
Once again we merge last week's midweek results with the weekend ones.

image.png

Liverpool's FIFTH defeat (and @Stan's third with them) of the Gloryhunter season means he moved to Real Madrid, before then drawing with Atletico, so he can choose between the two Madrid clubs to move forward with. It was a win and a defeat for me, with Stockport winning against Rochdale, before losing to Barrow. Porto also lost out in the Champions League so @RandoEFC and @CaaC (John) moved to Inter before then moving once again, this time to Bologna, who beat Inter in Serie A at the weekend. Even though Sevilla progress to the next round, @Toinho is with PSV as they won the match. PSV also won at the weekend back in the league against Twente. Also losing this week was @nudge who suffered a 4-0 defeat with Monchengladbach so moves to opponents Mainz. @Viva la FCB is also on the move, this time to Schalke. @Tommy got a 1-0 win.

A great week for @Lucas and @Dr. Gonzo (more so for Lucas) as they not only beat Barcelona in the Europa League but have now have the League Cup added to their honours list after Manchester United beat Newcastle in the final yesterday. Union Berlin progressed to the next round of the Europa League but lost at the weekend to Bayern so it's Munich for @Mel81x and @Beelzebub now. 6 wins in 6 games for @Coma and Dortmund puts them within the Gloryhunter top 10. Fulham and Wolves drew so @Bluewolf can choose either of those to progress with. And it was a win for @DeadLinesman and Nice as they won 3-0 over Monaco.

A special mention to @Rucksackfranzose who felt the winning feeling for the first time in a long time with a 2-0 win with AC Milan.

image.png

And onto the fixtures - some interesting ones coming up!

image.png

21 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What's more comical is the person in second place right now. What a wonderfully entertaining season of football this has been. 

I’ve basically only watched Liverpool this season so I’ve gotten about 5 minutes of entertainment all year xD

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

RESULTS
And we're back on the forum again! Let's round up what's happened over the weekend and see where we all are now.

455072650_Screenshot2023-04-03171155.thumb.jpg.4b183e7dec025c0cd95c22406c2d2a60.jpg

We now have 4 players grouping up together at Aston Villa as @Coma & @Bluewolf join @Lucas & @Dr. Gonzo as Chelsea fell to a 2-0 defeat. @Stan remains at Barcelona after a 4-0 win over Elche and faces a chance to get into the Copa del Rey final in his next game against Real Madrid. @Rucksackfranzose's climb up the table begins as he picks up another Fiorentina win to move him off the bottom of the table. It was a win for Bayer Leverkusen and for @Beelzebub and @Mel81x with the former managing to close the gap on the to to just 3 points. A 6th win in 6 matches for @Tommy and for St Pauli means he is gathering his own momentum to move up the table having played the least amount of games out of everybody (he's 4th in the PPG table which shows how he is going under the radar currently). @Toinho opted to stay with PSV and it was the correct decision, getting a 4-2 win.

It was a 3-3 draw for Brighton against Brentford and I've decided to stay put as Brighton seem to be doing alright at the minute! @nudge also had a draw in her game with Freiburg and Hertha Berlin drawing 1-1.

It was a heavy defeat for @CaaC (John) and @RandoEFC as they lost 4-0 for the second game in a row as Napoli lost out to AC Milan. @Viva la FCB moves from Dortmund over to Bayern after their 4-2 result. @DeadLinesman is on the move back to former team Lens after they beat Rennes.

Table
1389695220_Screenshot2023-04-03171301.thumb.jpg.0f5c38edfff64f9fb6210b52ffbe899a.jpg

Fixtures
393722523_Screenshot2023-04-03171533.thumb.jpg.5e0755ffb8d96d4997948b63b4dff46f.jpg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived