2. Bundesliga 2022/23 [1. Spieltag] 15-17th July 2022

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Stan said:

What are the big derbies this season?

I remember reading Rostock vs St Pauli would be when the former got promoted. 

Nürnberg v Fürth (Frankenderby; probably one of the oldest derbies in German football?)
Lautern v KSC (not sure how heated it is these days)
Hannover v Braunschweig (Niedersachsenderby)
HSV v St Pauli

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Nürnberg v Fürth (Frankenderby; probably one of the oldest derbies in German football?)
Lautern v KSC (not sure how heated it is these days)
Hannover v Braunschweig (Niedersachsenderby)
HSV v St Pauli

Never was that heated, it:s still a derby, both clubs see others as their main rivals, though. (KSC's main rivalry is Waldhof) (Lautern's us or Frankfurt depending on whether their from western or eastern part of Palatinate):)

• Subscriber

Great start for Kaiserslautern. 

Looking forward to the matches today, will have the Konferenz running in the background while I work, with particular interest in St. Pauli v Nürnberg. Jojo Eggestein is starting! 

I can't believe the break is over already. Expected more business transfer wise, but now with Narey finally fucked off, we might get 1-2 more players in. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I can't believe the break is over already. Expected more business transfer wise, but now with Narey finally fucked off, we might get 1-2 more players in. 

Where did he fuck off to? Completely missed that...

Just now, nudge said:

Where did he fuck off to? Completely missed that...

PAOK. They started by offering us 1 Mio Euros. Now we apparently get 1,5 Mio Euros, that could rise up to 2 Mio Euros with Bonuses. I'm happy that Klaus Allofs is our man main now when it comes to dealing  with these kind of cheapskates. 

No official announcement yet, but Narey already traveled to Greece to complete the deal. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sandhausen. 💪

Great result for Sandhausen against Bielefeld today. They were helped by Bielefeld's Sidler getting sent-off in the 46th minute, but Sandhausen were already leading 1-0 when Bielefeld were reduced to 10 men. Sandhausen gave a very creditable performance. I felt that they would do quite well this season, having looked at their squad. That's why I didn't pick them as one of the teams that will finish in the bottom 3 to get relegated. It's still early days, but I maintain a strong feeling that they won't get relegated, even though many people think they will get relegated.

Magdeburg are fighting like crazy. Difficult match for us so far. We really lack creativity, and I hope they invest some of that Narey tranfer money into that department. 

But, in the end it's goals that count, and we are ahead. Rouwen Hennings has to be one of the best penalty takers in the world. 

30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Magdeburg are fighting like crazy. Difficult match for us so far. We really lack creativity, and I hope they invest some of that Narey tranfer money into that department. 

But, in the end it's goals that count, and we are ahead. Rouwen Hennings has to be one of the best penalty takers in the world. 

It's been a really exciting 15 minutes of the 2nd half as well. Klaus extended Dusseldorf's lead after an assist from Kownacki, but Krempicki pulled a goal back, thanks to an assist by Ceka. It's still all to play for as this entertaining match continues.

Ooof, first 3 points in the bag, but that wasn't easy. Generally pleased with the performance, but there's also a lot of things that need improving. Ao Tanaka was the best man on the pitch for me. He looked like a complete different player compared to last season. Looks like Fortuna signing him permanently, and maybe his time at the Japanese national team gave him some much needed confidence. The 2-0 from Felix Klaus was a really nice goal as well. But generally we need more creativity. But hey, 3 points are 3 points! We can build on that! 

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ooof, first 3 points in the bag, but that wasn't easy. Generally pleased with the performance, but there's also a lot of things that need improving. Ao Tanaka was the best man on the pitch for me. He looked like a complete different player compared to last season. Looks like Fortuna signing him permanently, and maybe his time at the Japanese national team gave him some much needed confidence. The 2-0 from Felix Klaus was a really nice goal as well. But generally we need more creativity. But hey, 3 points are 3 points! We can build on that! 

An away win is always a great result. Magdeburg had a lot of the ball, but Dusseldorf looked dangerous when they attacked. They lacked accuracy in the final third at times, but you could tell they were a real threat. Magdeburg battled hard and had their own chances on goal, but that's to be expected from the side that's playing at home. Dusseldorf have room for improvement, but they were deserved winners here away to Magdeburg. The pundits seem to expect a lot from Magdeburg this year, with many thinking they will end up comfortably in mid-table this season. I know a lot of this optimism is because they won the 3 Liga quite easily last season, but the 2 Bundesliga is clearly a much tougher league. In my opinion, they will probably be battling to avoid relegation this season.

What did you think of Kownacki's performance today? I thought he played ok, he battled well, linked the play and had a part in Dusseldorf's 2nd goal. Again, I think he will get better with more match practice, but it's great to see him in the starting 11 and the fact that he played the full 90 minutes is positive news from his perspective.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived