• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cycling

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Caught the end of this. Nice for Thomas to win and wear the yellow jersey for Stage Two. Froome has had a great day too starting off with sizeable leads against most of his main rivals for the yellow jersey.

• Subscriber

Good start for Team Sky. I think Froome is the obvious favourite to retain his crown because of how strong the team are supporting him. Also think his former team mate Richie Porte will have a good tour.

Good to see Thomas start well, brilliant rider and he's been amazing for Froome over the years. 

• 11 months later...

No doubt - I was massively into it during the Lance days, but I am somewhat excited for this years Tour. 

What a great summer for sports, World Cup, followed by the Tour. 

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

No doubt - I was massively into it during the Lance days, but I am somewhat excited for this years Tour. 

What a great summer for sports, World Cup, followed by the Tour. 

after they stripped of Lance of his medals ??   what other decision did they make ??    Did they give the Title to the 2nd placer, you know,    the normal progression if the 1st place is disqualified ???

another significant scandal is of Marion's.   They should treat cheating in sports as a criminal offense and impose jail time to the guilty parties.

Just now, bozziovai said:

after they stripped of Lance of his medals ??   what other decision did they make ??    Did they give the Title to the 2nd placer, you know,    the normal progression if the 1st place is disqualified ???

another significant scandal is of Marion's.   They should treat cheating in sports as a criminal offense and impose jail time to the guilty parties.

After Lance was caught, I totally lost interest. Until this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 12:51, Eco said:

Imagine a lot of you Brits are big into it since you have the king at the moment. 

Anyone else enjoy watching it? 

Love the TdF - and i think the UK might well be providing the winner again this year... but not Froome!

1 hour ago, Paulh_85 said:

Love the TdF - and i think the UK might well be providing the winner again this year... but not Froome!

Geriant is the only person I can think of that could win, if from the UK, and isn't Froome. 

Just now, Eco said:

Geriant is the only person I can think of that could win, if from the UK, and isn't Froome. 

Yeah kinda where i was going, and hes Welsh, so gets my support more than the Kenyan Englishman

• 10 months later...

Anybody watch this? 

Absolutely love it and it always gets me more excited for the Tour de France. 

Stage 5 was this morning, and what a finish it was in the rain!

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

So (formerly) Team Sky are now Team Ineos, after Sky didn't want to renew their sponsorship deal. 

Shame what happened to Froome, i would have had him favourite to win the Yellow jersey back.

The domination in recent years from Team Sky(Now team Ineos) really has been amazing and i expect them to win it again from either Geraint Thomas or Egan Bernal. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Eco said:

Anyone watching? 

Julian has the yellow, and looking good so far. Today is a mountains course, which is what separates the men from the boys. 

Bits.

Thomas is looking good to retain. The dominance of this team is just unreal. Sir Dave!

10 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Bits.

Thomas is looking good to retain. The dominance of this team is just unreal. Sir Dave!

What a great stage today...Sad that Julian wasn't able to hold on for another day, but that last climb was incredible. Really at this stage you have Thomas, Pinot, and Quintana who honestly have a chance to win it. 

Still think it'll be Thomas, but I would mind Pinot at all. 

What a great race it's been thus far, and today's stage winner was Van Aert who is having a massively impressive Tour thus far. 

Pinot has had a rough go of it this weekend, whereas Thomas is in a good position the retain the title. 

So far though, Alaphilippe (FRA) remains in the lead as we head into a rest day tomorrow. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Eco said:

What a great race it's been thus far, and today's stage winner was Van Aert who is having a massively impressive Tour thus far. 

Pinot has had a rough go of it this weekend, whereas Thomas is in a good position the retain the title. 

So far though, Alaphilippe (FRA) remains in the lead as we head into a rest day tomorrow. 

Thomas in a very good position. As is his teammate Bernal, as i said pre tournament. ¬¬

• The title was changed to Cycling

Archived