talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Zinchenko To Arsenal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah on the face of it a player with his versatility and quality is a good signing. It felt like Tierney & Partey getting injured was the beginning of the end for Arsenal last season so having someone that can play left back and central midfield in a Pep system will always be a welcomed addition.

9 hours ago, 6666 said:

Good versatile player to have. Especially with Tierney being so injury prone. Will get chances in midfield as well.

I hope he gets more chances in central midfield at Arsenal, as that is his best position. He played mostly at left-back for Man City and he had many good games in that position, but it's not his best position. He was used at left-back mainly because of his excellent crossing ability, but central midfield is where he plays his best football. He's still relatively young in footballing terms, so hopefully he excels and becomes even better at Arsenal. I think this is a good move for both him and for Arsenal. 

21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You do need depth but think you could of got better for your money

Zinchenko is one of the best midfielders out there and yes, midfield is where he is most likely to play for Arsenal and not out of position at left-back(unless Tierney gets injured). Even when he played at left-back for City, he put in many impressive performances, where he set-up goals. He was competing with Cancelo for the left back position at City and many believe that Cancelo is the best left-back in the world. When Zinchenko did play, he was always consistent with his determined performances. 

But it is in midfield where he excels the most. Zinchenko's passing ability is one of the best in the world and he has excellent technique. He is also a very intelligent player, as his decision making on the pitch is always usually spot on. He should form an excellent partnership with Thomas Partey in Arsenal's midfield.

'Technically better than Kevin De Bruyne': how Oleksandr Zinchenko will improve Arsenal (telegraph.co.uk)

21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You do need depth but think you could of got better for your money

We haven’t got Champions League next season mate and when this occurs you have to supplement that with very high wages. We were the epitome of that error some years back and it’s the same as winning football trophies. You win them when you deserve them and right now we’re not in the market for what we would really love to have.

What we do have is a very exciting young side and the additions we’ve made will hopefully nudge us up a place or two. We build from there...

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Zinchenko is one of the best midfielders out there and yes, midfield is where he is most likely to play for Arsenal and not out of position at left-back(unless Tierney gets injured). Even when he played at left-back for City, he put in many impressive performances, where he set-up goals. He was competing with Cancelo for the left back position at City and many believe that Cancelo is the best left-back in the world. When Zinchenko did play, he was always consistent with his determined performances. 

But it is in midfield where he excels the most. Zinchenko's passing ability is one of the best in the world and he has excellent technique. He is also a very intelligent player, as his decision making on the pitch is always usually spot on. He should form an excellent partnership with Thomas Partey in Arsenal's midfield.

'Technically better than Kevin De Bruyne': how Oleksandr Zinchenko will improve Arsenal (telegraph.co.uk)

Nope, he's average on a good day and the slowest outfield player we had in the senior squad, Pep's got rid of him to bring this guy from Brighton in as Zinc frustrated the shit out of him, i don't know a City fan that isn't glad he's gone

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Nope, he's average on a good day and the slowest outfield player we had in the senior squad, Pep's got rid of him to bring this guy from Brighton in as Zinc frustrated the shit out of him, i don't know a City fan that isn't glad he's gone

Average? You make me laugh. Yes sure, that's why he's valued so highly and that's why all the professional experts are singing his praises. But sure, you go and listen to the layman City fan down the road, as that seems to be your barometer of measuring how good players are. He was playing out of position at City, competing with the best left-back in the world and yet he still put in consistent performances. Sure, not as good as Cancelo in that position, but he still impressed, setting up many a goal. Not to mention his quality set-piece abilities.

At Arsenal, he will now be able to play in his natural position, so he is now bound to excel for Gunners. He is indeed not the fastest player, but in central midfield that won't be so much of an issue as he has the footballing intelligence to not make that a problem. Similar to how other world class midfielders do great, even if they aren't super fast. By the way, Guardiola has always been impressed by his performances over the years and as you can see in the following article, he says that Zinchenko always plays good for City, echoing what the experts and professional football analysts say about Zinchenko.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/17lucwrfliiu0134gnhi4etqql/city-players-can-learn-from-'incredible'-zinchenko-guardiola

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I can imagine he will be the left sided central midfielder alongside Partey. Assuming Arteta promised him playing time in midfield which captured his interest. 

Exactly, central midfield alongside Partey is where he is most likely to play. He will be able to pull the strings in that position, while his superb passing ability and great technique should help him thrive in that position. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Average? You make me laugh. Yes sure, that's why he's valued so highly and that's why all the professional experts are singing his praises. But sure, you go and listen to the layman City fan down the road, as that seems to be your barometer of measuring how good players are. He was playing out of position at City, competing with the best left-back in the world and yet he still put in consistent performances. Sure, not as good as Cancelo in that position, but he still impressed, setting up many a goal. Not to mention his quality set-piece abilities.

At Arsenal, he will now be able to play in his natural position, so he is now bound to excel for Gunners. He is indeed not the fastest player, but in central midfield that won't be so much of an issue as he has the footballing intelligence to not make that a problem. Similar to how other world class midfielders do great, even if they aren't super fast. By the way, Guardiola has always been impressed by his performances over the years and as you can see in the following article, he says that Zinchenko always plays good for City, echoing what the experts and professional football analysts say about Zinchenko.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/17lucwrfliiu0134gnhi4etqql/city-players-can-learn-from-'incredible'-zinchenko-guardiola

Absolute bobbins mate, the Arsenal team wont be able to carry him like this City team did, going to look even worse this coming season

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Absolute bobbins mate, the Arsenal team wont be able to carry him like this City team did, going to look even worse this coming season

Still listening to Bob the clueless layman City fan down the road? But of course you and Bob are correct, lets ignore what the experts say about Zinchenko and the fact that Artera was so desperate to splash out on him. Because of course you and Bob know much better, lol.

Just now, Michael said:

Still listening to Bob the clueless layman City fan down the road? But of course you and Bob are correct, lets ignore what the experts say about Zinchenko and the fact that Artera was so desperate to splash out on him. Because of course you and Bob know much better, lol.

I have my own eyes and watch every single City game mate, i raged at him in the matchday threads on here enough 😂 ..seems a nice lad but glad he's gone, not top 4 quality and Pep seem to agree with me, i will go with Pep's judgment 

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I have my own eyes and watch every single City game mate, i raged at him in the matchday threads on here enough 😂 ..seems a nice lad but glad he's gone, not top 4 quality and Pep seem to agree with me, i will go with Pep's judgment 

You clearly need glasses though mate. 😉 Pep never said that he's not a top 4 quality player, you just plucked that out of thin air. That's just your own bias opinion. You seem to think that I've not watched Zinchenko play for years. I watched him at PSV as well as the many games he played for City. He more than held his own on most occasions for City, despite playing out of position at left-back. Pep has consistently praised him over the years and so have many other footballing experts who follow the game. Arsenal are a top side and for them to splash out a lot of money for him, shows how highly they rate him. He will be playing in his best position for Arsenal, which is one of the reasons which motivated Zinchenko to join Arsenal. In midfield, he will finally be able to play to his strengths and give even more impressive performances.

I always viewed him as a weak link at City, but perhaps that's because he's mostly played out of position for them. But I think I remember one match he played in midfield for City and he was pretty anonymous tbh.

I don't think he's a bad player, it's probably easy to look like a weak link in a City side when you've got some of the best players in a very strong league as your teammates. But I don't think I've ever really witnessed him at his best.

• Subscriber

Interested to see how he does as a midfielder because he always struck me as a solid left-back for Man City. Never seemed to make many mistakes but obviously he didn't quite have the explosive attacking output that Guardiola usually gets from his full backs.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Interested to see how he does as a midfielder because he always struck me as a solid left-back for Man City. Never seemed to make many mistakes but obviously he didn't quite have the explosive attacking output that Guardiola usually gets from his full backs.

Zinchenko doesn't have the blistering pace that most modern day world class full-backs have. Obviously he was played out of position at left-back and had to compete with Cancelo(arguably the best left-back in the world) for that position. However, he was played at left-back for his other qualities, his great technique, his tackling ability, as well as his brilliant passing and crossing accuracy.

Now that he is likely to play in midfield for Arsenal, Zinchenko should be able to really shine for the club and play to his strengths. He is a very intelligent footballer and I can see him pulling the strings as well as dictating the play from that Arsenal midfield. This transfer is a good move for him and for Arsenal.

Archived