talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One (The Video Game)

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I'm not that far into the game yet to start messing around with setups xD I don't want to mess it up. 

I drove my first dozen or so races using the default setup, using some of the ones shared online has made me over a second a lap faster on some tracks. It's worth looking at then you can just change back if it doesn't work for you. 

If you go into time trial mode you can actually download the setups of the people at the top of the leader board so I'm going to try that next time I'm struggling. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
53 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Might have to give it a try.. what's the best you've used then?

Do you use manual gears and unassisted tyres etc? This game would be so so hard on elite :censored:

The best all round setup is the pretendracecars link in my opinion. I use auto gears, traction control on full and I still use the racing line most of the time. Unless you have a wheel playing without traction control is apparently impossible.

On 7/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, RandoEFC said:

I drove my first dozen or so races using the default setup, using some of the ones shared online has made me over a second a lap faster on some tracks. It's worth looking at then you can just change back if it doesn't work for you. 

If you go into time trial mode you can actually download the setups of the people at the top of the leader board so I'm going to try that next time I'm struggling. 

I bet you jump started! 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Damn, Monaco. :censored:

I hate Monaco on this. If I drive a rare clean lap I can just about match my team-mate's pace but that's about one lap in five. It doesn't matter as I end up crashing out of every practice session and the race anyway.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I hate Monaco on this. If I drive a rare clean lap I can just about match my team-mate's pace but that's about one lap in five. It doesn't matter as I end up crashing out of every practice session and the race anyway.

Haha same. I just did the exact same thing... simulated the whole thing anyway and came 20th. Now Rosberg has overtaken me in the title race. I'm also trophy hunting. Want another platinum. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Haha same. I just did the exact same thing... simulated the whole thing anyway and came 20th. Now Rosberg has overtaken me in the title race. I'm also trophy hunting. Want another platinum. 

Which team are you driving for?

• Subscriber

Just finished 7th at Silverstone, put the intermediates on early to save an extra pit stop when it was light rain, I was slow for a few laps but gained about 15 seconds in the end when it got wetter and everyone else came in to pit. That got me from 9th to 6th, just behind Bottas and ahead of Ricciardo. I was faster than Bottas but couldn't get past him, then when he lapped Magnussen, they went into a corner very slowly side by side (does anyone else find that the AI go needlessly slowly when they overtake/lap each other?) and I ended up damaging my front wing so I had to pit again anyway. Came back out in 9th, passed Alonso with ease who then fell away with a car issue, then caught Verstappen at about a second per lap and got him on the old pit straight on the last lap. Finished a minute ahead of my team-mate again.

That's four points finishes in 10 races or so in my Manor, I've had the pace to get into the points at every race apart from Monaco, Spain and possibly one or two others, and I even qualified third in Austria behind the two Mercedes. While I've developed the car so that we've gone from the very back to firmly within the midfield, this is still unrealistic for me, and I've already been offered moves to Force India, Toro Rosso or McLaren. Chose McLaren, and I'll finish this season with them, just to see which of the tracks in the second half of the year are too easy or too hard on Master.

After this season, I'll probably start a new career in the Manor on Legend difficulty, but turn it down to Master for certain tracks (Spain and probably Azerbaijan at the moment) and Expert for Monaco. Hopefully doing that will make it a more realistic challenge.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

The AI are so annoying at times when overtaking so I feel your pain. They also slam on for no reason under the Safety Car which can really fuck up your afternoon if you get too close.

Yeah, under the VSC too, there's no reaction time of a couple of seconds for everyone to notice and slow down. Had they happen to me at least twice.

Then there's occasions when you're say 1.5 seconds under your delta time under the safety car and the AI overtake you and don't get punished or have to give the place back. Fair enough if you're like 6 seconds too slow but it makes it difficult to balance your delta if you're racing someone close behind you. 

It also bothers me how the safety car comes out for ten minutes when someone has an engine failure and pulls safely off the track but if someone crashes out and is in the middle of the track, they cover it under yellow flags and the car just vanishes into thin air.

• Subscriber

Finished my first race with McLaren, the sixth best car on the grid currently so shouldn't have been able to qualify 4th almost 2 seconds faster than Alonso and finish the race 2nd after passing Ricciardo in the wet in the closing laps. The Hungaroring can be added to the list of tracks which I'll bump the difficulty up for when I restart this for what will hopefully be the last time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Fuck sake, just qualified on pole at Singapore, romped to a 10 second lead in the wet, then it dried out and Ricciardo gradually caught me up, was 2 seconds behind me when he pitted approaching the middle of the race, but with more rain due in less than 10 minutes and my tyres looking okay, I decided to stay out until it rained and swap to inters instead of making an extra stop. Clipped the damn wall at the most innocuous point and I'm out of the race :censored:.

• Subscriber

What's your favourite track @RandoEFC and anyone else?

All I've done is go straight to career as soon as I bought the game so getting used to the tracks as I go along with the practice sessions. 

I'm on Silverstone now I quite like it. 

• Subscriber

Not raced yet - Malaysia, Japan, Brazil, Abu Dhabi, Korea, USA. As for the others...

Australia - I'm quite quick here and enjoy the track but I've done it to absolute death on F1 games like most people probably due to it being the first in a season/career so not necessarily one of my favourites. 

Bahrain - Super fast here (or the AI are crap) but not necessarily a big favourite.

China - Pretty quick here and quite like it.

Russia - I'd never driven this track until this game so it took some getting used to but I enjoy the track, probably one of my favourites.

Spain - I like most of the track but hate the final section, at least I can keep up with the AI on this game because I've been awful at it on past games.

Monaco - Kill me now, I hate driving Monaco on this game, and I hate that I hate it, but it just seems impossible to push without being a guaranteed crash within five laps, no matter which setup/tyres/weather. My least favourite track so far.

Canada - Love it, simple track but fast and enjoyable. One of my favourites.

Azerbaijan - I'm still getting the hang of this track and can't make my mind up whether I like it or not. The last two flat out corners are super dangerous.

Austria - Possibly my fastest track but not one of my favourites, just find it a bit dull.

Britain - Like Spain, Silverstone has been a challenge for me on previous versions but I enjoy it a lot on this version and I'm pretty quick there.

Germany - Won my first career race here, so obviously I have good pace but I only really like parts of the track.

Hungary - Love it, apart from some of the last few corners I love driving this track, I'd say it's my favourite at the moment.

Belgium - Spa is always a favourite for me, not as much on this version as some others but still enjoy it.

Italy - Enjoy driving it but not quite one of my favourites. 

Singapore - I found I got a really good rhythm going on this track and because it's such a tricky one with the walls so close that's rewarding so this is probably my second favourite after Budapest.

• Subscriber

Just done Silverstone. I was in front defending from Ricciardo for the last 5 laps, 2nd to last lap I slowed him down that much Rosberg overtook him. On to the last lap and the 2nd to last corner Rosberg goes into the back of me and I spin off... ended up finishing 8th. Bollocks!! He didn't get a penalty?? 

• Subscriber

Just got my second win in the McLaren on Master in Malaysia. Qualified 2nd on the grid with a perfect lap. Ricciardo was about 6 tenths faster than me and everyone else though.

Didn't get the best start, ended up 4th behind Ricciardo, Verstappen and Hamilton with Rosberg and Vettel also pressuring from behind. Me and Verstappen were on a Soft-Hard-Hard strategy while Ricciardo and Hamilton were on Medium-Medium-Hard, so Verstappen and I both came in early, Vettel came out of the pits a lap later so I had to go around the outside of him and overtook Verstappen as we were picking our way through those that were running long. Ricciardo and Hamilton made their stops a bit later on and Hamilton ended up behind me with Ricciardo retaining the lead.

Then came the safety car which was good timing for me as I was on the slower Hard at this stage compared to Hamilton and Ricciardo running Mediums, so their advantage was neutralised and after the safety car came in, I had to battle hard with Hamilton for several laps until his tyres seemed to go off and Verstappen overtook him. I was chipping away at Ricciardo's lead and had it down to 1.4s before he pitted for new tyres, but as my engineer had told me rain was coming soon, I stuck it out on my Hard tyres for as long as possible, I was slow but as everyone else had pitted for new slicks, I had a good 20 seconds on them and just hung on until it was time to switch to Inters.

Last 20 laps we were all on Intermediates and I slowly built my lead from 20 seconds to 35 seconds by the end. Last few laps the rain got heavy so it was not easy but with that gap I was able to cruise to the win.

100% race distance, Master difficulty, second win in a midfield car B|.

Archived