Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

USMNT Thread

football forum

32d5585c87e14258a03c1fa1346fd3c8.png

Next games

USA vs Panama (GC)

USA vs Martinique (GC)

USA vs Nicaragua (GC)

USA vs Costa Rica (WCQ)

USA vs Panama (WCQ)

Trinidad and Tobago vs USA (WCQ)

Again, nothing will change unless the USA changes their entire system. He can talk all he wants but there is a bigger issue than players just merely 'underperforming'. 

What I do find ludacris, is for a country that supposedly spent the most in youth development, why on earth do they still implement 'pay to play' programs and facilities? So basically only the wealthy and fortunate can have a future in football? Someone let these bellends know that the best players in history didn't come from a wealthy background. 

George Weah's son, Timothy, scored on his USA debut

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44287954

Timothy Weah - the son of former AC Milan and Liberia striker George - scored on his full international debut as USA beat Bolivia 3-0 on Monday.

Weah, 18, who was born in New York, struck 59 minutes into the friendly at Philadelphia's Talen Energy Stadium.

The Paris St-Germain forward and Josh Sargent, another Europe-based teen, were two of several new faces selected by caretaker coach Dave Sarachan.

Sargent, 18, made it 2-0 after Walker Zimmerman gave the US a half-time lead.

Weah, who has played three league games for PSG, previously represented the US in the Under-17 World Cup and made his senior debut as a late substitute during a friendly win over Paraguay in March.

His goal came seven minutes after Sargent, who is yet to make his professional debut for German side Werder Bremen, pounced on a blunder by Bolivia goalkeeper Guillermo Viscarra to score on his international debut.

Earlier, centre-back Zimmerman, 25, headed the US into a 37th-minute lead, powering in his first international goal from a Joe Corona corner.

Everton's 20-year-old defender Antonee Robinson, who has an American father, also made his US debut in a starting line-up with an average age of 22 years and 160 days.

football forum

I didn't see the game but Bolivia is doing what we did at Wembley 4 years ago. Trying to gel in some of the new players for the next process. Doubt it will make a difference, but I think what they did is an interesting way to start a new generation.

USA did too and that's a very good young squad. They will return to the next World Cup without a doubt.

On 29/05/2018 at 16:56, Blue said:

I didn't see the game but Bolivia is doing what we did at Wembley 4 years ago. Trying to gel in some of the new players for the next process. Doubt it will make a difference, but I think what they did is an interesting way to start a new generation.

USA did too and that's a very good young squad. They will return to the next World Cup without a doubt.

The thing is with america is most people don' care about football. I'd rather have more teams from south america who love it. I mean look what it meant to you guys when you quaified.