talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Harrison - Leicester Heavily Linked with Midfielder

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wouldn't want us to sell Jack. He can be an infuriating player at times, particularly with his crossing but he's a very solid player in this division and more importantly, he's strong on both feet, a strength that so many players don't have surprisingly.

I know everyone has their price but with Rapha gone, Harrison was the clubs 2nd highest scorer last season and that's two consecutive seasons now he has chipped in with 8 League goals. Tidy for a midfielder.

We would seriously be shooting ourselves in the foot to let him go in the same window as Phillips and Raphinha. Hope the club doesn't get blinded by the pound signs and cash in.

• 6 months later...
  • Subscriber

Ornstein says we have gone for him and an ITK of ours does think that this has legs, that Leeds are holding out for £30mil but we haven't hit it. I personally hope we don't. I don't think he's a rubbish player but I've said for years I wouldn't buy from the bottom half of this league, have been vindicated by the Vestergaard, Bertrand and Perez signings. Vestergaard & Perez particularly terrible value and deals that have held us back rather than progressed us. While I'm not sure he's as poor as Perez there are too many red flags for me.

The same bloke also said we've enquired about Elanga on loan albeit so have plenty of others. I'd sooner do that and put the money into a CB or CM.

The link with Torino's Perr Schuurs must be bollocks because he wouldn't be allowed to play for a third team this season.

I'd find it extremely odd that we'd let Harrison go just to fill that spot with Ayoze Perez. He seems worthless for us. It has to be all money for me if Harrison goes now.

The issue with Harrison is his contract finishes end of next season so if the club feel he's not integral, they may try to get as much as they can for him.

We're in a very fortunate position currently, one we've not been in even when Bielsa was here, where we have some really good attacking options.

Rodrigo, Bamford, Rutter, Gnonto, Sinisterra, Summerville, Harrison. That's six players that will fight for three spots. Bamford could fall at any minute but if he stays fit, (and this is the sharpest he's looked since another injury comeback) he's going to be massive.

Competition is high. I don't see where Perez fits in really. It's Harrison to go or nothing for me.

Personally hope he stays. I like that he's two-footed, has good skill and can score goals. His final ball can be infuriating and I don't always think he makes the right decisions on the ball but his workrate is excellent. 

• The title was changed to Jack Harrison - Leicester Heavily Linked with Midfielder

Don't think Harrison wants to go to Leicester. He seems happy to fight for his place here.

I can understand it tbh, I think he'd be more keen for it in the Summer if Leicester stay up and he's fallen out of favour here but whilst we're all a bit 50/50 down there, it makes sense for him to stay here if he's happy and fight for his place. Marsch seems to like him too.

Tbh, I'm ok with that. Never questioned his temperament or effort. Got a good head on young shoulders. Handy player for us to utilise even if he has fallen down the pecking order a little now. Gnonto was never meant to sparkle this early.

Far as we're concerned, if we are in a position where Harrison is coming off the bench as a sub for us and not just a player from the U23's, that's as strong a position as we've been in for ages.

• Subscriber
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

maybe clearing out deadwood

They aren't deadwood while we're so low in the wide areas. We went into this window low on wide options yet despite the Tete signing could come out with even fewer. It's madness.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

They aren't deadwood while we're so low in the wide areas. We went into this window low on wide options yet despite the Tete signing could come out with even fewer. It's madness.

it may be addition by subtraction if you keep them fit you still have mid table quality

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it may be addition by subtraction if you keep them fit you still have mid table quality

Our record of keeping players fit is appalling nowadays. We're an injury away from something like Daka on the wing.

I just can't understand it. It is such an unnecessary risk to take. It's not like saving half of Albrighton or Perez' wages for 5 months is going to make much difference financially.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Our record of keeping players fit is appalling nowadays. We're an injury away from something like Daka on the wing.

I just can't understand it. It is such an unnecessary risk to take. It's not like saving half of Albrighton or Perez' wages for 5 months is going to make much difference financially.

I'm also wondering why we sold Shelvey when we need midfielders so I do get you

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I'm also wondering why we sold Shelvey when we need midfielders so I do get you

It's not that I hugely rate Perez or Albrighton nowadays it's as much that we just don't have the bodies. Albrighton has played quite a bit this last month. It shouldn't be the case but if you replace him with literally nobody then what is the point?

If somebody else comes in then fair enough but I see no sign that that's happening now. We aren't going to get Harrison at this point either.

Just doesn't tally up to me.

• Subscriber

I think should we survive we'll probably sign him in the summer. Will make more financial sense as well.

Bit pissed off we've ended up by our own admission a player short yet again.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dan said:

Bit pissed off we've ended up by our own admission a player short yet again.

I'm guessing we were confident Harrison deal will go through if he was at Seagrave. Hence letting Albrighton go. I guess at that point we weren't expecting Leeds to pull the plug so I have sympathy with us really. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing we were confident Harrison deal will go through if he was at Seagrave. Hence letting Albrighton go. I guess at that point we weren't expecting Leeds to pull the plug so I have sympathy with us really. 

I don't like how we messed Harrison about like that, it doesn't sit right with me. He never really wanted to go and we virtually pushed him out the door just to bring him back.

I mean from a motivational kind of view, I don't know how that's going to impact him in the second half of this season now. How's he supposed to feel when the club indicated a sell was on?

I think the club wanted to balance the books a bit and get some big money in for Harrison. I can only think Leicester wouldn't meet us in the middke to what we wanted or the sell was dependant on us securing another deal.

This will definitely continue in the Summer.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah I've a little more sympathy but we've definitely gambled on red while black comes out. It would sum up this season for Barnes or Tete to go down for a month on Saturday.

I am in general a bit more confident of us. Top has taken some actions which has eased my fears and we've recruited quite well for the most part for me.

Now for an absolute disaster on Saturday to get me back to square one!

3 hours ago, Stan said:

And now he's signing a new contract xD

I wouldn't read loads into that.

Diego Llorente signed a new deal in December and we promptly let him go out on loan to Roma with a view to a permanent deal. It meant we could sell him for £15-20m as opposed to having to accept an offer lower than what we value him.

Same with Jack. All it does is wrestles back the power in the club's hands and ensures we keep Harrison's value at the £30-£35m mark should we get any suitable buyers.

That said, he didn't want to go, and he offers great strength in depth now. We're pretty blessed in the wide areas now.

Archived