talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Viaplay to Launch in UK; Acquires Premier Sports

football forum

Seem to be a pretty big deal in the Scandinavian countries (my friend in Finland compared them to Sky within the UK, and says they have the rights to Formula 1 amongst other sports in their region).

First I'd heard of them of when they won the rights to the European qualifiers earlier this year (aside from England games), and then picked up the rights to the NHL in the UK shortly afterwards as well.

With now acquiring Premier Sports, they'll be picking up La Liga, some European domestic cups, as well as both the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup.

Creates a bigger competitor in the market than Premier Sports has been, and potentially another major bidder for rights in the coming years.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate the way each company has a portion of the market.  Here in Canada I have had Dazn for three years but they have just lost the rights to the Premier to Fubo TV for the next three years.  Dazn still has Champions League, the Europa League and I believe the League Cup, but I have had to buy Fubo TV in order to watch the Premier.

Archived