• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Machado said:

- That's a squad to die for;

- It's still weird seeing Diego Costa there;

- I believe this thread belongs in the international football section :$

Costa doesn't fit does he...

Deulofeu gets a call up which is new, although I would've loved to have seen Denis Suárez in with these boys but has been called up by the U-21.

I've put this thread here because that's where it was at TFF. But if it belongs in the international sub forum, then I don't mind if someone moves it there.

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Wow. Monreal selected and not Alonso?

Couldn't really care less, but I just find that incredibly odd. 

Yea, I agree. Some of these picks are more than questionable. Let's see what they do this week

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This thread already exists in the Spanish football subforum mate. But thanks... We now have two! B|

they're gonna be merged then.

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!11

• The title was changed to Spain National Team Discussion
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Spain National Team Discussion - David Villa & Suso Called Up

I was about to post on this!

David Villa has been recalled to the national side as cover due to the issues surrounding Diego Costa.  Villa is having a top season at New York City FC, but this move will raise many questions as to why no younger player can't be called up.

Still...  It'll be great to see him back in the squad for this brief moment.

I don't like when players come out of retirement and play again especially on international stage.He may have something left to offer but he plays in the MLS! there is no way he is gonna be picked for the WC next year, to get picked after retirement to play some qualifiers and then get dropped from the major tournament is a joke especially for a player like Villa.

Samething happend with Pirlo

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Alonso missing out again, i mean better for Chelsea to have him fit and rested, However to never get a cap is incredible to be honest.

They don't deserve him.  Since he has joined Chelsea, no defender in the world has outscored him.

Alonso.JPG.249c7df0dbfdb9755e21b0ea4940c383.JPG

Many great Spanish players never got a full cap like Guti...

My favourite Spanish player of all time after Iniesta was Iván de la Peña who only got his first full caps right at the end of his career and in total played 5 times.  I absolutely loved the "Little Buddha".

Other legendary iconic players like Zarra only hardly played...  He played 20 times for Spain and scored 20 goals...  100% record and didn't play more due to the politics at the time.

In truth Alonso plays in a position that's saturated and is limited to squad numbers.  If he continues to be a first teamer for Chelsea this season and improves even on the last campaign, there's no reason why he can't be called up for the World Cup.  There's a long way to go and qualification has to be obtained still!

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Many great Spanish players never got a full cap like Guti...

My favourite Spanish player of all time after Iniesta was Iván de la Peña who only got his first full caps right at the end of his career and in total played 5 times.  I absolutely loved the "Little Buddha".

Other legendary iconic players like Zarra only hardly played...  He played 20 times for Spain and scored 20 goals...  100% record and didn't play more due to the politics at the time.

In truth Alonso plays in a position that's saturated and is limited to squad numbers.  If he continues to be a first teamer for Chelsea this season and improves even on the last campaign, there's no reason why he can't be called up for the World Cup.  There's a long way to go and qualification has to be obtained still!

Hardly you just need to beat Italy and your place is booked 

1 minute ago, Azeem98 said:

Hardly you just need to beat Italy and your place is booked 

That just in real football against a side like Italy is a big just.  Should've beaten them in away in Italy where Spain played them off the park but could only score one goal and in the final minutes conceded the equaliser.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That just in real football against a side like Italy is a big just.  Should've beaten them in away in Italy where Spain played them off the park but could only score one goal and in the final minutes conceded the equaliser.

If it wasn't for Buffon's mistake Spain could have lost that game as well

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

Who wouldn't like to watch a match between Spain and Catalonia?

DLhmDkiWsAAxdjx.png

Nobody would want to see that mate...  Not the Catalans or the rest of Spain.  Infact even the separatists don't want that morbid situation to occur.  Today there's a massive demonstration pro-Spain unity in the city of Barcelona.

This Tweet by Marco Asensio has caused a storm from the new wave anti-Israel intellectual youth of today...  It seems that anything Israel is demonic and can't be spoken about unless you're in a mode of condemnation.  The Spain national team that played Israel in Tel-Aviv tonight visited the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem when they got back to their hotel.  The Israel flag seems to have been the trigger that got these egg-shell adult children going all bitchy.

• The title was changed to Spain National Team Discussion
  • 5 weeks later...

15104390161087.jpg

SPAIN 5 - 0 COSTA RICA

Spain's fantastic form continues in a game where both Andrés Iniesta and Isco dominated and were an authentic spectacle to watch.  Not much more to say other than it could've been 10 goals were it not for a number of ridiculous misses or overplay.  The preparation is going well and a few tests with new players by Julen Lopetegui.

Goals from;

• Jordi Alba
  • Álvaro Morata
  • David Silva (2)
  • Andrés Iniesta

14 minutes ago, Batard said:

David Silva is in the form of his life. Glad to see him doing the business for Spain

Yeah...  He is indeed in the form of his life and I have to say this is thanks to Guardiola.  Pep arrived at the right time for David Silva because it looked like himself amongst some others were fading early in their careers.  He is an authentic joy to watch.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

How serious was the injury to Isco @SirBalon? Real Madrid vs Atletico next saturday

It looked serious at one point but the latest is that it's just a knock and at most he could miss one game...  They're obviously afraid that it could be the Madrid derby because right now he's the only Real player on top form especially in midfield.  He should be ok!

Archived