talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru National Team Discussion

football forum

Alberto Rodríguez out for 12 days. I'm slowly beginning to wonder if we should start Santamaría instead in Russia. Did well in these 2 friendlies and Rodriguez isn't going to have a ton of time to build match fitness. Great player but it's risky.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I'm beginning to lose hope on Guerrero. Someone from FIFA wants the 1 year ban to be put back in place and there is WADA who wants 2. Odds are against him. I'll be gutted for him if he misses the World Cup but in terms of actual football I think we'll be fine. So far we haven't lost without him, which shows what a unit we have been.

• Subscriber

I really don't care about the outcome, but the whole process is ridiculous. First they give him a ban, then he successfully appeals it, then some anti-doping group wants to extend the ban, then FIFA suddenly wants to extend it two, but a year shorter than the anti-doping group, it's just ridiculous haha. Why are they changing their mind numerous times? If he's found guilty, give him a proper ban, if he's not, don't. How fucking hard can it be.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

I really don't care about the outcome, but the whole process is ridiculous. First they give him a ban, then he successfully appeals it, then some anti-doping group wants to extend the ban, then FIFA suddenly wants to extend it two, but a year shorter than the anti-doping group, it's just ridiculous haha. Why are they changing their mind numerous times? If he's found guilty, give him a proper ban, if he's not, don't. How fucking hard can it be.

The only reason I care about the outcome now is because I want him to fulfill his dream of playing in the World Cup where he led us to the tournament with his leadership. I know we can win without him, but I would have loved to see him with us.

You can't win them all. We've already won one TAS process in the last year.

@nudge 

So it appears FIFA are not allowed to change their opinion in TAS xD

I still think Guerrero has the odds stacked against him, but maybe he still has a chance?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Blue said:

@nudge 

So it appears FIFA are not allowed to change their opinion in TAS xD

I still think Guerrero has the odds stacked against him, but maybe he still has a chance?

What a mess, haha.

On 5/3/2018 at 13:25, SirBalon said:

That’s odd!

Sounds more like a media press strategy being built for bad news because any good news would be blown into the forefront straight away due to false accusations.

I can’t believe there’s no inside information to be honest. 

Very true... They are always rushing to blurt out good news straight away but if it's bad then someone has to decide who gets the short straw

15 hours ago, nudge said:

Crazy that even the most simple of things become overly complicated for no good reason.... 

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Very true... They are always rushing to blurt out good news straight away but if it's bad then someone has to decide who gets the short straw

Crazy that even the most simple of things become overly complicated for no good reason.... 

Usually (may be wrong though) when it takes time to make an announcement it's due to how to process and relay that news so that all parties are satisfied and the least amount of damage is done.

But like I said... It may be different this time because in truth it's all very complicated due to how laws are interpreted in different confederations combined with the ultimate football authority, FIFA.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD No mamen HPs! Its just one player! Big distraction all around and even if he gets to play, the damage has been done.

I posted that earlier, that was in Nuevo Chimbote. I love it.

No reason to insult us though for supporting our best player.

49 minutes ago, Blue said:

I posted that earlier, that was in Nuevo Chimbote. I love it.

No reason to insult us though for supporting our best player.

Are Pruvians supporting him because he's your best player or because you think he's innocent though?

To be honest, any Slanish sports person that's ever been accused of taking drugs in any capacity I've hoped they were severely punished if under all the protective home media cavern there was even more dodgy goings on.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Are Pruvians supporting him because he's your best player or because you think he's innocent though?

To be honest, any Slanish sports person that's ever been accused of taking drugs in any capacity I've hoped they were severely punished if under all the protective home media cavern there was even more dodgy goings on.

Both. Here in Peru a lot of people go by agenda's though. Some don't have a clue on the situation while others are supporting him because he is innocent. Those agenda filled fans that don't know support him because he helped us get here.

Im not a chemical or political expert, but I highly doubt that someone with the professionality level of Guerrero would do such a thing.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Both. Here in Peru a lot of people go by agenda's though. Some don't have a clue on the situation while others are supporting him because he is innocent. Those agenda filled fans that don't know support him because he helped us get here.

Im not a chemical or political expert, but I highly doubt that someone with the professionality level of Guerrero would do such a thing.

Has it been concluded officially that he’s innocent though?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Has it been concluded officially that he’s innocent though?

Not yet, and the odds are against him but whatever the verdict is, it doesn't exactly mean that he actually did drugs, just that he lost the case and he'll have to accept watching the World Cup on TV. Nudge posted what happened earlier in another thread but what Paolo did as far as we know was completely legal - and I believe them. Paolo isn't a fool. He's professional enough to know the consequences.

Jefferson Farfán is a champion in Russia with Lokomotiv as they beat Zenit 1-0 to mathematically secure the title.

Hopefully they rest him now in however many games left so he doesn't get an injury.

Paolo Guerrero will play for Flamengo tomorrow. He has been called up by the team.

I really want Paolo to get back on the pitches, but it's going to feel odd to see him play once again when he could possibly get banned. Play 1 game then don't play another 6 months or another year. As Nudge pointed out, this whole process is a mess.

Many rumours of Claudio Pizarro getting called up for the World Cup. Hope it doesn't happen, I fear it could affect the dressing room just like when Cubillas was called up in 1982.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Many rumours of Claudio Pizarro getting called up for the World Cup. Hope it doesn't happen, I fear it could affect the dressing room just like when Cubillas was called up in 1982.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :D 

Our squad should be out around May 14th, according to reports.

There will be surprises in our 35 but I think our 23 is clear as day.

Christian Cueva got sent off for Sao Paulo vs Rosario Central because he wanted to get to Peru early to train. His club are angry and now he's going to have to find a new club after the World Cup when he gets back. If he performs, then he will find a new team easily but he's got too much of a prick attitude. I'm surprised he's lasting this long at decently high level football. He's got the talent but Peruvians who have been like him have all ended up at mid table Peruvian teams. Reimond Manco the prime example.

I think he's brilliant but he needs to change his attitude after the World Cup if he's to play in Europe because like that he won't last. He'd become another El Hadji Diouf really. I hope that's not the case.

Its over. Guerrero suspended for 14 months (not sure if that means 8 more, or 14 more)

I'm gutted but I had a feeling this was coming seeing as how things were going. This means we should announce our World Cup squad later today or tomorrow.

Without Paolo, I would play with Farfan up top. Carrillo, Cueva and Flores as the 3 attacking midfielders/wingers and Yotun and Tapia in the back.

Archived