talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru National Team Discussion

football forum

On 17/08/2018 at 23:32, Blue said:

I think we have what it takes to beat the Netherlands. I don't know what they've been planning but they've been gash the last 2-3 years.

Germany are the kings of losing in friendlies, but despite that and their recent poor form, I still think they'll be a bit too much for us.

I think you will see a different Dutch team under Koeman, a team with a plan and also a lot of pace with the young guys who will be called up,  Bergwijn should be in the team and he is the best youth talent of the Netherlands by a mile.   

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I think you will see a different Dutch team under Koeman, a team with a plan and also a lot of pace with the young guys who will be called up,  Bergwijn should be in the team and he is the best youth talent of the Netherlands by a mile.   

I look forward to our game bud. May the best team win.

Will be exciting for both of us I reckon.

Paolo Guerrero suspended again... until April.

I feel very sorry for him, but now that the World Cup is done I do think this is a blessing in disguise for us. Since they'll both be 38 by the next cycle, we need to try a new number 9 and we can't allow profile to make us stagnate. 

Thank you for everything Paolo but its time to move on to a new striker. I hope he can get his situation sorted nonetheless.

An update on our Peruvians abroad

Raul Ruidiaz has been decent from what I've seen of Seattle. He's only scored 2 goals but he has added vastly to that attack and Seattle haven't lost since he's arrived. In fact, he's only drop points in one game. Hopefully he bags more in the coming weeks, he was lethal in Mexico and I have no doubt he will get into gear at Seattle soon.

I've seen little from Pedro Aquino at Leon this season, but I saw his last game and thought he was average. He was losing most of his defensive duels and the best that came out of him was his distribution which was excellent. Apparently, he's been average all season so I do hope he gets back into it.

Abram has been a revelation for Velez. He was very average at Sporting Cristal but began slowly improving at the end of his tenure there. Gareca picked him out to play for Velez and recommended him. They took the chance and he's done well enough to get the starting spot week in and week out.

Luis Advincula had some trouble in the last game when he came on for Rayo, but he's still getting used to his new formation at his new club. He should start today against Atletico Madrid after the absolute hiding that Toni got in the first game vs Sevilla.

Ray Sandoval has been very good at Monarcas. Some are criticizing his last game but I thought he looked alright. Excellent off the ball movement and positioning to get into goalscoring opportunities. His decision making is still questionable but he's improving much more than I imagined at one point.

Lastly, Anderson Santamaria whom I've praised so much this season has been shocking. He was sent to the reserves as a punishment for giving away 2 penalties in their last game. He should be back in the lineup soon though for Puebla. Just needs to regain form.

Ricardo Gareca

"For me, Carrillo was apt for a very important move. I'm disappointed he's gone to Al-Hilal."

Have a feeling Carrillo won't be on the team much longer. Especially if he stops performing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next few friendlies for us

Chile vs Peru (Miami)

USA vs Peru (Conneticut)

Peru vs Honduras (Lima?)

Argentina vs Peru (Argentina?)

The last 2 aren't confirmed but a few thoughts on these. I think its good to have 2 South American teams as practice so we know how far above or how far below we are of each of them. USA is a nice little exibition game that I would like to go out and win. As for Honduras, we can win that with a B team so the best thing we can do is send a few young Peruvian league players to experiment and then the ones who pass the test can start against Argentina, or at least come on as a sub.

I'm a bit worried about Chile, even though we are better than them, I won't say by a whole lot and they are going to want to massacre us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Christian Cueva linked to Independiente.

He should have never gone to Russia in my opinion. I get he burnt his bridges with Sao Paulo but he realized he made a mistake by going to Krasnodar. I don't have a problem with team stature to be honest, but I've seen a few games and he was suffering from the cold, wearing more layers of clothes than any other player. 

Independiente is a big team in South America and have recently won the Sudamericana. I think he'll get game time there and will do well, like he did in his former Sao Paulo days.

Archived