talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru National Team Discussion

football forum

Just now, El_Loco said:

Bad news for @Blue , Guerrero´s lost his appeal and will serve a 14-month suspension. Out of the World Cup.

Do you know if its just an additional 8 months or another 14? Either way, Farfan up top should be enough for us to make a formidable campaign.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I defended Paolo. I still think what he did was legal and didn't intentionally take drugs, but this is his fault because he had the ban cut down to 6 months. He wanted to be completely innocent, and now he has to wait more. He should have just been happy with the chance to play in the World Cup and now he will miss the tournament.

• Subscriber

Wait, so he actually appealed the 6 month ban wanting it to be removed completely??? What a dummy. I thought it was just some doping control agency appealing the original 6 month ban, haha. Didn't realise he fucked himself there.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Wait, so he actually appealed the 6 month ban wanting it to be removed completely??? What a dummy. I thought it was just some doping control agency appealing the original 6 month ban, haha. Didn't realise he fucked himself there.

Yeah, he's a model professional but he still has a bit of an ego. He's a fool for trying to appeal the ban. I still love him and what he's done for us, but he can only blame himself for trying to reduce the ban more. At 6 months, he could have played in the tournament he dreamed of playing in, and now he's just ended his own career essentially.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Do you know if its just an additional 8 months or another 14? Either way, Farfan up top should be enough for us to make a formidable campaign.

@nudge is correct, the 6 months are deducted from the 14. More 8 months, therefore. There is no possibility for another appeal, he is out of the World Cup.

I doubt he will play in the World Cup, with the last TAS we won I didn't believe a word of the Argentine media - but Brazil won't try to put pressure on him I'd bet. I agree its an outrage as he is innocent, but again we can't look at what ifs. If he had kept the 6 month ban, he would of gone. He wanted to appeal it further. His own fault. I'm with him in this moment because of the original ban, but not with him for trying to appeal as much as possible.

• Subscriber

Should have stuck with whisky instead of shitty teas to cure his flu, always works for me xD 

Seriously though, it's such a mess. Apparently WADA fully recognises there was no intention to enhance performance, but they still wanted the ban to be increased, which comes across as a bit anal, haha. 

Now its official. Again, the ban should have never been issued as Paolo is innocent, but its his own fault for trying to reduce the ban even further. If you're in that situation, don't risk it even more and deal with it. He just missed the World Cup because of his ego.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Thoughts? @ScoRoss @Inverted 

It's a pretty experimental squad but overall there are a lot of players there who could be good if given a chance. No Tierney or Robertson is the only negative of course but it's a chance for Barry Douglas who's had an amazing season, and Stevenson from Hibs.

Russell is another big surprise having moved to America, and with no Griffiths (guess another CL thing) you can expect McBurnie or Philips to be playing up front. 

Miguel Trauco has only lost 2 out of 24 games that he's played for Peru.

If I'm correct the 2 are the 2-0 loss in Bolivia and the 2-1 in Chile. He didn't play the game at home against Brazil.

• 2 months later...

So after the World Cup ended, Peruvian football has gone to pot (again). Oviedo, federations president, whom I praise so much turned out to be a corrupt leader as there have been many audio tracks with judges and mates of his apparently giving them tickets to Russia as well as audio's saying that Hinostroza would make an audio to make Oviedo look good for all the "cholos". I can't see Ricardo Gareca signing a new deal with all these issues, especially if Oblitas, who for me is the mastermind behind Peru's success, decides to step down.

Not to mention all the shitty moves our players have been making. This probably goes down due to World Cup failure. Hurtado, Ruidiaz to the MLS, Cueva to Krasnodar, Trauco potentially to Bordeaux, those I don't mind too much. However, seeing moves like Flores to the MLS, Carrillo to Saudi Arabia really concerns me. The former is already in Europe and can keep on growing, the latter is just a wasted career. Also Araujo to potentially Veracruz. Just when I thought our name has turned a corner, it hasn't. Fuck my life.

If this keeps up, we won't win the Copa America next year and we won't qualify for the next World Cup. I just hope the next president of the FPF is someone who knows what they are doing. Oviedo did for most of his time, but now he needs to go. Sadly, I can't think of anyone at their clubs who can do a job of even a similar standard (before all the corrupt mess of course). Our only hope now is that our next U20, which looks promising, really steps up to the plate and proves they've got something about them. The likes of Olivares, Mora, Pacheco, Concha, and even other non U20 talent like Flavio Gomez.

FML :dam:

Bring on the next generation. I'm losing hope that we can reach the next world cup with some of these moves. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, DamnedComrad said:

hello guys,

I am from Russia and that is what I found in hotel in my city, Saransk, where Peru National Team was staying during the World Cup. If it is not too hard, I request some help with identifying the signatures here.

jpeg&tknv=v2&size=1903x968jpeg&tknv=v2&size=1903x968

The picture you posted is not showing... 

I'm awful with reading signatures. Sorry, can't help here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Ricardo Gareca is agonizingly close to signing a new deal, with the FPF leaders all signed a contract agreeing to Gareca's demands. Now all that's left is Ricardo himself.

19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How many of these Peruvians got their big moves then following the World Cup? 

That was Blue's objective if I remember rightly.  He wanted those Peruvian players to gain the status he felt they weren't receiving. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

That was Blue's objective if I remember rightly.  He wanted those Peruvian players to gain the status he felt they weren't receiving. 

not sure it was objective, more heightened expectation or some kind of guarantee it would happen.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

not sure it was objective, more heightened expectation or some kind of guarantee it would happen.

That's what I meant.  Hoping the World Cup would show that they're good enough.  I know Blue has come out with the example of Keylor Navas who he feels is discriminated against due to his nationality (Costa Rican) and that maybe Peruvians suffer a similar sensation where European football is concerned.

Cannabis being a melt as usual

What happened was simple: we didn't get past the group stages and that simply isn't good enough. Even when James got his move to Real Madrid, or Navas, they both had reached the quarter finals and had more time to prove themselves. 2 losses out of 3 isn't a lasting impression. I'm still confident Tapia and Trauco will end up at big clubs some day.

Before the Copa America 2016, we had 90% of our squad playing within Peru. Now, almost our entire squad is playing abroad and most are the stars of their team. 

Ruidiaz: star and top scorer at Monarcas and he's gaining a reputation at Seattle very quickly

Yotun: I've seen some Orlando fans on twitter say he's the best signing they've ever made.

Hurtado: star at Vitoria de Guimaraes

Farfan: one of the best players at Lokomotiv and that's not even to speak of his time at Schalke or PSV.

Guerrero: best player at SA club level full stop.

Aquino: not one of the stars but has a good reputation in Mexico.

Cueva: was the star of São Paulo before he began complaining.

Advincula: star at Lobos and I'm extremely confident he'll be the star at Rayo.

Gallese: deemed as too good for Veracruz and linked with Boca.

Of course though Cannabis (as well as Marc and Teso) won't ever listen to reason and will only try and ridicule me. Gets boring.

Archived