talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru National Team Discussion

football forum

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Did he really take cocaine? Or what drug was it? 

They are just trying to wind me up. I'm playing hard to get.

Nudge made a post explaining what happened and what Paolo did was completely legal.

This happened numerous times to numerous South American players after consuming coca tea to prevent altitude sickness which is not illegal at all, but leaves traces of cocaine metabolite in one's urine. Numerous players have been given one year bans for it in the past only to get it reduced to 6 months, which makes sense, because they did not intend to take drugs/cheat and it didn't affect their performance in any way.

To be fair to Guerrero, he did submit a hair strand test immediately to prove that he didn't take cocaine. The test came out negative, the amount of the metabolite in his original urine test was very low and thus indicated the use of coca tea as opposed to "taking drugs", hence FIFA reducing the ban. Don't know if he drank it intentionally or not (some sources suggest his regular tea in hotel was contaminated with coca tea), but certainly he is not a "drug cheat" for willingly or unwillingly consuming something that is completely legal? ... 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thankfully, in terms of the politics I think we're fine.

I asked a few people and they seem very calm about the situation.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

xD

probably just shitting themselves like everyone else in Llamaland.

• 2 weeks later...

Peru will take on Scotland at the Estadio Nacional as their final home friendly before travelling to Russia.

Anything other than a win and I'll be disappointed.

Just now, Stan said:

surely you should have some kind of challenge before a big tournament though?

There are more friendlies surely. This is just the home sending off, and the only other viable option would have been Holland. I don't think a World Cup side would have come to Peru only to fly another 15 hours to Russia.

I'm hoping the tickets won't be crazy expensive, which they probably will be. Still, I'm gonna do my best to try and go to the ground for this.

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

There are more friendlies surely. This is just the home sending off, and the only other viable option would have been Holland. I don't think a World Cup side would have come to Peru only to fly another 15 hours to Russia.

I'm hoping the tickets won't be crazy expensive, which they probably will be. Still, I'm gonna do my best to try and go to the ground for this.

Don't you live in new Zealand?

43 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Doesn't seem like long to get from Peru to Mexico.

But aye, should be interesting to see who gets a game. Against Holland in November the line-up was essentially a 2nd/3rd string side. Also depends who the manager is by then, too.

Ciudad de Mexico is about 5 hours from Peru. Although not sure why Scotland would go to Lima first which is further south, perhaps due to the flight companies.

48 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Doesn't seem like long to get from Peru to Mexico.

But aye, should be interesting to see who gets a game. Against Holland in November the line-up was essentially a 2nd/3rd string side. Also depends who the manager is by then, too.

With Celtic likely to have Champions League qualifiers just over 5 weeks after, plus the teams involved in Europa League games, I can't see many Scottish based players decided to make the trip. Most players wouldn't have played a game for about 2-3 weeks before this friendly. Frankly, it all seems a bit strange.

53 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ciudad de Mexico is about 5 hours from Peru. Although not sure why Scotland would go to Lima first which is further south, perhaps due to the flight companies.

For some reason I had it in my head that the Americas were a lot bigger.

• 3 weeks later...

Our friendlies are confirmed. Iceland and Croatia in March, Sweden and Scotland pre-World Cup.

I think we'll win 2 and then lose 2 or draw 1 and lose the other. Scotland at home is definitely a win. As for the other, I'm torn between Sweden and Croatia for the other team we'll beat. I think we will lose or draw to Iceland.

• 1 month later...

Call ups for the friendlies. As expected, no Guerrero or Gallese due to suspension and injury.

Roberto Siucho is the surprise. I'm also disappointed to see Nilson Loyola keep getting call ups.

Paolo is already training for Flamengo, but he can't actually play until May which is totally fine for us I think. He'll have some rhythm before the World Cup and the fitness will be there from training 2 months prior.

Also I wanted to saythat I think this is the perfect friendly to say goodbye to Claudio Pizarro. We all win in this case as he doesn't go to the World Cup but still will feel respected in some way, after years of bashing the man.

@nudge would you agree?

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Blue said:

Also I wanted to saythat I think this is the perfect friendly to say goodbye to Claudio Pizarro. We all win in this case as he doesn't go to the World Cup but still will feel respected in some way, after years of bashing the man.

@nudge would you agree?

I'd prefer to see him in the World Cup, hehe... I know he's not been great for Peru by any means, but it's just sad to see a player of his quality to miss out on this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to represent his country at the highest level.

• 3 weeks later...

Peru 3-1 Iceland

Peru 2-0 Croatia

Peru 2-0 New Zealand

New Zealand 0-0 Peru

Peru 1-1 Colombia

Argentina 0-0 Peru

Ecuador 1-2 Peru

Peru 2-1 Bolivia

Peru 3-1 Jamaica

Peru 1-0 Paraguay

Peru 2-1 Uruguay

Venezuela 2-2 Peru

Peru 0-2 Brazil

No losses since November 2016!

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

pretty decent to be fair. 

no big challenges in that time though. 

Can't tell if you're trolling there. Argentina away isn't a fixture I'd back England to get a draw in even in their current state. Wins over Croatia and Iceland are both impressive too.

I don't think it's beyond Peru to get out of that group. It's a hard one to call.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't think it's beyond Peru to get out of that group. It's a hard one to call.

I said it in the group stage draw thread, but if we got anybody but Denmark in pot 3, I would have been confident. We got a side about on par with us making things complicated. We can't even draw it. If we do, we'd have to get a result against France.

Archived