talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru National Team Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Ruigol said:

I said it in the group stage draw thread, but if we got anybody but Denmark in pot 3, I would have been confident. We got a side about on par with us making things complicated. We can't even draw it. If we do, we'd have to get a result against France.

Goal difference could play a big part in your group.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dan said:

Goal difference could play a big part in your group.

It's not that, I'm worried that if we draw Denmark, France could play a gentleman agreement with them in their last game and play out a draw. Although I'm not convinced France will get all 9.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Ruigol said:

It's not that, I'm worried that if we draw Denmark, France could play a gentleman agreement with them in their last game and play out a draw. Although I'm not convinced France will get all 9.

I don't really see what they've got to gain by doing that. They could but they could, and should get done if they did that.

I honestly think any situation where two teams are found guilty of playing out a draw on purpose should see the other two teams in the group qualify.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't really see what they've got to gain by doing that. They could but they could, and should get done if they did that.

I honestly think any situation where two teams are found guilty of playing out a draw on purpose should see the other two teams in the group qualify.

Hopefully you're right and France beat Denmark. We might need that come the end.

So our lineup for the World Cup will be like this apparently

Gallese

Advincula - Rodriguez - Ramos - Trauco

Flores - Tapia

Carrillo - Farfan - Cueva

Guerrero

Look, I get we need to have Farfan in there somewhere, but do we really need to have Flores as the number 6? Swap his position with Cueva's. Cueva does better centrally and Flores is an inside forward, not a 6 ffs. The rest is fine with me though, Carrillo I have my nitpicks with but he's done well in the last 2 games and won himself a spot, so no complaints for now.

Sadly, we won't get to see Edison Flores score like this much anymore due to his new position

008566510c3d11177dd4c4698e30723d.gif

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Nice!  Where is it?

Amsterdam mate. Looking forward to it, we will probably have a different manager or a caretaker by then though.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Old news mate, we've known this about a month or 2 ago. I'm optimistic though and think he'll be fine.

20 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Netherlands v Peru will also feature Sneijder who will give his goodbye to the Dutch crowd. 

Nice one, most people think our game vs Germany is Pizarro's goodbye.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing a few transfer rumours for Renato Tapia and Miguel Trauco, but its all bollocks at this point. If they do perform at the World Cup, plenty of teams will be after them. Look at Keylor Navas last world cup, or James Rodriguez. I'd be willing to bet clubs like Sevilla or Valencia were interested in the former while teams like Liverpool or Atletico would have been interested in the latter and both ended up at Real Madrid. The World Cup is the pinnacle of transfers as one good tournament can get you to a club like Veracruz to Barcelona in just a month.

Today is the day we find out if Paolo Guerrero is innocent or not.

There is literally a whole church in a town north of Lima that is in their Peru kits and dedicated their mass to praying for Paolo, and I can't blame them xD

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Today is the day we find out if Paolo Guerrero is innocent or not.

There is literally a whole church in a town north of Lima that is in their Peru kits and dedicated their mass to praying for Paolo, and I can't blame them xD

What’s the inside info on this and the possible outcome?

Just now, SirBalon said:

What’s the inside info on this and the possible outcome?

The meeting or court or whatever you want to call it is going on as we speak, Guerrero's lawyers say they are confident but that usually doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Officially he is eligible for football as of today but we are waiting to see who wins the battle: Paolo or WADA, who could suspend him up to 2 years.

Update: the result will be decided today but won't be announced until the next few days. Probably implying that he won't be playing for Flamengo this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Update: the result will be decided today but won't be announced until the next few days. Probably implying that he won't be playing for Flamengo this weekend.

That’s odd!

Sounds more like a media press strategy being built for bad news because any good news would be blown into the forefront straight away due to false accusations.

I can’t believe there’s no inside information to be honest. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

That’s odd!

Sounds more like a media press strategy being built for bad news because any good news would be blown into the forefront straight away due to false accusations.

I can’t believe there’s no inside information to be honest. 

There is a few actually, give me a few minutes as I'm on mobile.

Erick Osores said a bit about it.

So apparently Luiz Cameron has voted in favour of Paolo, as well as somebody else who wants to remain anonymous. Both are biochemical scientists (I think)

WADA apparently haven't submitted certain documents but of course this could be very false.

We won't know the decision today but in a few days rather, the court will end in about an hour or 2. Guerrero's lawyers will make a few final declarations before it ends.

its something like that @SirBalon

FIFA wants to keep the ban at 6 months, WADA wants 2 years and Paolo doesn't want to be involved at all, even though his ban technically ends today.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

So apparently Luiz Cameron has voted in favour of Paolo, as well as somebody else who wants to remain anonymous. Both are biochemical scientists (I think)

WADA apparently haven't submitted certain documents but of course this could be very false.

We won't know the decision today but in a few days rather, the court will end in about an hour or 2. Guerrero's lawyers will make a few final declarations before it ends.

its something like that @SirBalon

FIFA wants to keep the ban at 6 months, WADA wants 2 years and Paolo doesn't want to be involved at all, even though his ban technically ends today.

So... The important part here from Perú’s perspective... What are the chances of World Cup participation for Guerrrero. I say this because FIFA tend to be very rigid on their decisions and will only budge on an international court decision. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So... The important part here from Perú’s perspective... What are the chances of World Cup participation for Guerrrero. I say this because FIFA tend to be very rigid on their decisions and will only budge on an international court decision. 

I say it looks good for him at the moment but at the same time I always see these decisions as 50/50 from an outsiders point of view. It was only a year ago that Clarin was putting pressure on the TAS to give Bolivia back the 4 points they had lost and we all thought it was done (not me, I thought it was fishy only Argentinians reported it).

The court is done and it appears he is eligible to play every game from here unless they decide to give him the 2 year ban. If anyone but WADA wins, then his ban is officially done, and that includes this sunday where he is eligible.

Archived